Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is out there to pick up at WR
(07-02-2015, 06:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's been more productive than all but one Bengals WR. 

Whatever you say............ ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Robert Meachem. He's 30, and might have something left in the tank.

I noticed the Moore was benched last year in Oakland after 3 games. He caught only 8 of 20 targets with 3 drops-not exactly what Dalton needs.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Before i go into my little speech I need to say that I agree that we lacked a true deep threat last year other than Green and it really hurt us.

But when it comes to deep threats "top speed" is more important than "40 time".  Many times smaller WRs will have quicker 40 times than the longer taller guys, but it is just because the smaller guys get off to a quicker start.  Since the race between DB and WR doesn't begin from a dead stop it doesn't matter who has the quickest first two steps.  What matters is who has the best "top speed".  Two guys can run the same 40 time, but one of them could be running much faster than the other at the finish line.  Neither Chris Henry nor A J Green could run faster than 4.5 at the combine, but they both had elite top end speed.

At the combine they measure "top speed" in the forty yard dash, but I have never been able to see it listed anywhere.  To me this is much more important information than just the "elapsed time".  With other players (especially RBs) the fast start is more important than the elapsed forty time, but luckily they have started listing the "ten yard split" from the forty yard dash at the combine.

I agree.  I think we're saying the same thing.  Top speed = my second gear.  The key in the NFL is separation.  We should be targeting another WR in next year's draft.  I would have loved a trade up to get Amari Cooper this year, but I liked our draft otherwise.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 11:06 AM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Robert Meachem. He's 30, and might have something left in the tank.

I noticed the Moore was benched last year in Oakland after 3 games. He caught only 8 of 20 targets with 3 drops-not exactly what Dalton needs.

He got injured and ended up in the doghouse.

His history shows that when he is healthy he can be an effective deep threat.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 07:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Whatever you say............ ThumbsUp

Typical response of someone who knows he is wrong.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 07:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Whatever you say............ ThumbsUp

I don't know why I'm replying, you will just ignore it....but please inform the class who was the most productive?

[Image: 63tvl3.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 01:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't know why I'm replying, you will just ignore it....but please inform the class who was the most productive?

[Image: 63tvl3.png]

Moore was awesome at Tenessee... and it's not like most players blow the world up when in Oakland.

I hope he makes the roster and makes some noise this year, but I'm skeptical it will happen on this team.

We have loyalty to a fault in some cases, and I feel the WR position will be one this upcoming year.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Moore was awesome at Tenessee... and it's not like most players blow the world up when in Oakland.

I hope he makes the roster and makes some noise this year, but I'm skeptical it will happen on this team.

We have loyalty to a fault in some cases, and I feel the WR position will be one this upcoming year.

His career YPC embarrass Sanu and Jones
Reply/Quote
I agree with Fred and others about top end speed.

A 40 yard dash is a great measurement, but routes are longer than 40 yards so just because the quick off the block guy can get there a shade faster (40 yards), I will take the guy who is faster from 25 to 40 yards and beyond as my deep threat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 04:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with Fred and others about top end speed.

A 40 yard dash is a great measurement, but routes are longer than 40 yards so just because the quick off the block guy can get there a shade faster (40 yards), I will take the guy who is faster from 25 to 40 yards and beyond as my deep threat.

What routes* are longer than 40 yards? A 9 route. What else? 
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 05:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What routes* are longer than 40 yards? A 9 route. What else? 
A post can be longer as well.

I see many NFL passes thrown further than 40 yards was my point.

Some are planned and some are the result of scrambling around
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 10:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A post can be longer as well.

I see many NFL passes thrown further than 40 yards was my point.

Some are planned and some are the result of scrambling around

Any route can be 40+ yards if you run it enough....very few are actually that long
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 12:24 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: As long as Eifert and AJ Green are healthy I think we'll be just fine. We have an ample amount of weapons if you also consider that our run game with Hill and Bernard should be potent; not to mention Bernard catching out of the backfield.

This ^^^^^^  along with jones,sanu and wright. Not to forget Alford and Moore. if Andy can play like the 2013 Andy, we should be good 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals don't need additional WRs. Green, Jones, Sanu, Moore, and Erite should be more than good enough if they can stay healthy. I personally think that Moore will surprise and see a decent amount of snaps. As long as he can get his drops numbers down, he's a solid #3.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBenga Wrote: Moore was awesome at Tenessee... and it's not like most players blow the world up when in Oakland.

The Raiders throw the ball a lot more than most NFL teams, so there is plenty of reason to believe Raiders WRs have more room for numbers.  He caught 7 TDs in 2012 when the Raiders were always airing it out and playing from behind.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 11:54 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals don't need additional WRs.  Green, Jones, Sanu, Moore, and Erite should be more than good enough if they can stay healthy.  I personally think that Moore will surprise and see a decent amount of snaps.  As long as he can get his drops numbers down, he's a solid #3.
Playing for a contender might help him to bring his game up another level as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He got injured and ended up in the doghouse.

His history shows that when he is healthy he can be an effective deep threat.

Correct. It even shows better with Hue, and Hue has a strong history of developing WRs
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: chad-johnson-montreal-06142014.jpg]

Child please!
Reply/Quote