Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your favorite vacation spot?
(09-28-2015, 03:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Iowa City, Iowa

Have you ever been to Iowa before?  Nice n hot during the summer and colder than your refrigerated beer during the winter. 

When its Winter time in Iowa

And the gentle breezes blow,

About seventy miles an hour

And its fifty two below [Image: blink.gif]

You can tell you're in Iowa

'Cause the snow's up to your butt, [Image: sad.gif]

And you take a breath of winter air

And your nose holes both freeze shut.

The weather here is wonderful,

So I guess I'll hang around

I could NEVER leave Iowa,

My feet are frozen to the ground. [Image: unsure.gif]

Iowa city?  Dubuque rules!!!!!!! Ninja
Reply/Quote
A few more awesome places that I'd recommend:

Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor, Maine
Charlevoix/Traverse City, Michigan
San Antonio, Texas
Jackson Hole, Wyoming

You'd have a great time at any of these places, although they differ a lot. Look them up and I'm sure you will find something for you.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll throw this out there as my wife & I travelled to Gettysburg Pa back at the end of August. Lots of history in that area & well worth a visit. This is a great national park. I'm ready to go back again next Fall.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 10:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'll throw this out there as my wife & I travelled to Gettysburg Pa back at the end of August. Lots of history in that area & well worth a visit. This is a great national park.  I'm ready to go back again next Fall.

My parents made that trip a few years ago.  They were not really that excited about seeing Gettysburg.  They mainly just wanted an excuse to take a long drive in October and look at the leaves.
Reply/Quote
I didn't think my wife would be in to it either, but we went on a couple of tours with really knowledgeable guides and it was great. They were awesome story tellers and super knowledgeable about the battles. My wife enjoyed it also.
Reply/Quote