Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries (/Thread-Trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-%E2%80%98s-hole%E2%80%99-countries)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - GMDino - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There are racist actions and racist statements.   Calling a country a s-hole isn’t either of those.

I guess I'm confused as to why they are s***holes to begin with.

Because they are poor?

Also is that a country that has a predominantly white population that one would refer to that way?  The whole country...not just a segment of it.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess I'm confused as to why they are s***holes to begin with.

Because they are poor?

Also is that a country that has a predominantly white population that one would refer to that way?  The whole country...not just a segment of it.

Idk ask their residents.

Quote:But a West Africa sociologist from Guinea agrees with President Trump. From Yahoo News:

"President Donald Trump is absolutely right. Africa is a continent of shit," says Mamady Traore, a 30-year-old sociologist in the West African nation of Guinea. "When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians. Frankly, it must be said that it's crap."

Btw the EU has its leaders messing with the constitution to perpetuate and increase their power. (Lisbon Treaty)

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - GMDino - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Idk ask their residents.  

Btw the EU has its leaders messing with the constitution to perpetuate and increase their power.

No.  I'm asking why the POTUS thinks they are and why some on here agree.

What definition is used for that description?

And does it also apply to countries that are more white?

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-24-2018

Btw a good rule of thumb is would You take your family or a vacation to these countries.

Doubtful many are going to Haiti, El Salvador, and some of these other.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Belsnickel - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.  I'm asking why the POTUS thinks they are and why some on here agree.

Bringing up the concept of cultural relativism won't work.

(01-24-2018, 06:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Btw a good rule of thumb is would You take your family or a vacation to these countries.  

Doubtful many are going to Haiti, El Salvador,  and some of these other.

That's it?  Bad vacation location?   Cool

Okay...then does it apply to any countries that have a predominantly white population?

(01-24-2018, 06:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.  I'm asking why the POTUS thinks they are and why some on here agree.

Bosnia is a s-hole. Moldova is one as well. Are those white enough for you?

(01-24-2018, 06:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bosnia is a s-hole.  Moldova is one as well.   Are those white enough for you?

Is that based solely on how nice they are for a vacation?

Edit: A quick search seems to be saying that these two fall under the "poor" reasoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldova#Economy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina#Economy

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - bfine32 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are talking about Trump, not you. 

Well then you should probably stop using the term you. 

"So if there are so many good people in Afghanistan why would you be against letting them immigrate to the Unites States in order to let in more people from Norway?

What makes people from Norway so much superior to these fine people from Afghanistan?"

As to the rest: this is about as productive as Durbin crying wolf after the meeting. You (I mean you when I say you) and others view the comments racist I do not.

Has Trump said some racist stuff? Sure. His comments about the Indiana Judge that ruled in his case was racist as hell; I just don't see this one as such and damn sure not one that merits as much attention as it got. It was a adjective used in a closed door session.  

(01-24-2018, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then you should probably stop using the term you. 

"So if there are so many good people in Afghanistan why would you be against letting them immigrate to the Unites States in order to let in more people from Norway?

What makes people from Norway so much superior to these fine people from Afghanistan?"

As to the rest: this is about as productive as Durbin crying wolf after the meeting. You (I mean you when I say you) and others view the comments racist I do not.

Has Trump said some racist stuff? Sure. His comments about the Indiana Judge that ruled in his case was racist as hell; I just don't see this one as such and damn sure not one that merits as much attention as it got. It was a adjective used in a closed door session.  

I thought crying wolf was lying for attention.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he lied.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - bfine32 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: I thought crying wolf was lying for attention.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he lied.

You have seen a shred of anyone stating Trump didn't say it? Weird.

WTS, the crying wolf was more directed to asserting racism. 

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - fredtoast - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yet trump supports the actual policy that doesn’t set country of origin as a benefit to any immigrant.  

So basically everything you are arguing against is moot.

Except that is not what he said at all.

He never mentioned the Raise Act.  He mentioned getting more people from Norway.  That is 100% based on counytry of origin.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - fredtoast - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then you should probably stop using the term you.

Maybe you should leave your own opinions about a country out of a discussion about Trump's opinion.

You just repeatedly go after Durbin in a desperate attempt to deflect the blame from Trump.

"Trump never said anything to insult the citizens of those shithole countries but I would have corrected him."

Why would you correct someone if he never said anything wrong?

(01-24-2018, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just don't see this one as such and damn sure not one that merits as much attention as it got. It was a adjective used in a closed door session.  

Yeah, we know. "It is not racists if only a few people hear it".  Just like it is cool to talk about sexual assault as long as it is ion a locker room.

Basically your moral position is defined by who hears what you say.  So it is impossible to make a racist remark in a "closed door session".

(01-24-2018, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have seen a shred of anyone stating Trump didn't say it? Weird.

WTS, the crying wolf was more directed to asserting racism. 

I haven't seen proof that he didn't say it.  I saw some people say they can't remember.  I saw the POTUS refuse to say what he DID say.

But the racism angle is one that can't be "proven" unless the person who said it about those countries had a history of saying/doing things that might be racist.  Mellow

(01-24-2018, 07:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: I haven't seen proof that he didn't say it.  I saw some people say they can't remember.  I saw the POTUS refuse to say what he DID say.

But the racism angle is one that can't be "proven" unless the person who said it about those countries had a history of saying/doing things that might be racist.  Mellow

So not one shred of evidence that he lied?

(01-24-2018, 07:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you should leave your own opinions about a country out of a discussion about Trump's opinion.

You just repeatedly go after Durbin in a desperate attempt to deflect the blame from Trump.

"Trump never said anything to insult the citizens of those shithole countries but I would have corrected him."

Why would you correct someone if he never said anything wrong?

Yeah, we know. "It is not racists if only a few people hear it".  Just like it is cool to talk about sexual assault as long as it is ion a locker room.

Basically your moral position is defined by who hears what you say.  So it is impossible to make a racist remark in a "closed door session".

I'll just end this as usual. I'll never learn

(01-24-2018, 07:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So not one shred of evidence that he lied?

Durbin?  No.  I've seen people say they "don't remember" what Trump said exactly yet somehow they know he didn't use that term.

(01-24-2018, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have seen a shred of anyone stating Trump didn't say it? Weird.

(01-24-2018, 07:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So not one shred of evidence that he lied?

The only thing I find weird is that you have not posted a link if you have some evidence that Durbin lied.

(01-24-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll never learn

You can if you want to.

Give it a try.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - BmorePat87 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you wouldn't write off the comments; you'd search for the racial undertones.

I don't think Trump said it because they're black, I think he's just ignorant on Africa and gets a lot of his talking points from Stephen Miller. Miller is absolutely racist and the fact that he is the one leading the conversation on immigration policy is alarming. So when the President derides an entire continent as being a "shithole", I worry what this slime ball whispers to him that is derailing all bipartisan efforts. Someone who has spent his life since high school publicly railing against Latinos, Muslims, diversity, and feminism while hanging out with the now leader of the White Supremacist movement has no place in our government.

Also, just read his article trashing Durham. That town kicks ass.