Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses (/Thread-Ben-Carson-It-was-OK-for-me-to-do-research-on-aborted-fetuses)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Shake n Blake - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 06:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I agree. Whether you like it or not that is a living being inside of a woman, and even though it can't survive on it's own doesn't mean that it shouldn't have rights. The only time I support abortion is if the mothers health is being compromised. Otherwise I see no justified reason to kill an innocent life for inconvenience.

Agree 100%. Fortunately, those situations aren't common.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - GMDino - 08-16-2015

Took my son to Steelers training camp today.

Did either side change their mind on when life begins or if abortions should be legal while I was gone?

No?

Carry on....

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Benton - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you did.

What intervention is required for a fertilized egg?

Some sort of nurturing, provisions for growth, incubation.

Come on, you're better than that.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Benton - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 06:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No one is telling a woman what she can or can't do with her own body. I support a woman's right to choose whether or not she sleeps with someone.

If she chooses to sleep with someone with no form of protection and gets pregnant, I support the rights of the unborn child inside of her. If you don't want a child, be more careful. People should be accountable for their own actions.

Pretty much my opinion.

To me the only time the choice comes into debate is when the woman had no choice, or when there are medical concerns in play.  

(08-16-2015, 06:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Took my son to Steelers training camp today.

Did either side change their mind on when life begins or if abortions should be legal while I was gone?

No?

Carry on....

Steelers are training these days? I thought they just injected their camps?

Mellow

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - GMDino - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 08:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Steelers are training these days? I thought they just injected their camps?

Mellow

Smirk

:angry:

(08-16-2015, 08:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Smirk

:angry:

Standard case of mbrr.

Message board roid rampage.

Sad

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - bfine32 - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 08:45 PM)Benton Wrote: Some sort of nurturing, provisions for growth, incubation.

Come on, you're better than that.

Not sure any of that is intervention, pretty much just nature.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-16-2015

Just curious about something...Do those of you that believe in the woman's right to abortion because you feel it's her body and her choice feel that there's nothing wrong with a woman abusing alcohol or drugs while pregnant?

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Belsnickel - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 11:14 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Just curious about something...Do those of you that believe in the woman's right to abortion because you feel it's her body and her choice feel that there's nothing wrong with a woman abusing alcohol or drugs while pregnant?

I think there is something wrong with that, just as I feel there is something wrong with abortion. Doesn't diminish their rights of bodily autonomy, though.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 11:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think there is something wrong with that, just as I feel there is something wrong with abortion. Doesn't diminish their rights of bodily autonomy, though.

So you don't believe that a state has a right to charge a mother with a crime for the abuse of drug or alcohol consumption while pregnant?

I'm not suggesting that you condone the behavior, mind you.  Just wanting to clarify whether you believe it's a crime or not.  

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Belsnickel - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 11:30 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So you don't believe that a state has a right to charge a mother with a crime for the abuse of drug or alcohol consumption while pregnant?

I'm not suggesting that you condone the behavior, mind you.  Just wanting to clarify whether you believe it's a crime or not.  

No, I don't believe the state should charge the mother with a crime. That opens up the door for all sorts of things that could result in a mother being charged.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 11:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, I don't believe the state should charge the mother with a crime. That opens up the door for all sorts of things that could result in a mother being charged.

Appreciate you answering. 

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 02:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, according to breech he brought it up to not compare the two and to suggest otherwise is "making stuff up".

It is not the first time people have made the comparison. That is why I was able to channel my inner Nostradamus.

Where did he make the argument you can't be against abortion?  He didn't.  You're "making stuff up."  As a former NCO, it is embarrassing to see another former NCO have such little regard for honesty and integrity.

(08-16-2015, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems you have absolutely zero issue with putting words in other people's mouths. Why is Benton special?

If I did I don't remember.  Show me an example.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 03:36 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: For starters, I never claimed to be open-minded ON ABORTION.  To state that I ever did so is a lie.  I'm closed-minded on the issue of abortion, but I'm a very open-minded person in general.   
You implied you were open minded about abortion from the beginning and to state otherwise is dishonest.

Quote:Nice that you've found a new word to use in "obtuse".  I'm glad that a guy so lacking in common sense is able to expand your posting vocabulary.   ThumbsUp

Thanks for showing me how to use it in a sentence.  Do you know why I keep using obtuse?  Because that is the word you used to start the insults.  If you're going to whine about it I suggest you not initiate the insults if you can't take it or grow thicker skin.

Quote:You're the same type I've encountered for years on message boards, and your type quite frankly bores me.  You make some preposterous claim

What preposterous claim?  I claimed spermatozoa and ova are alive.  You think that is preposterous?  LMAO

Quote:and then when called on it, you insult my intelligence

You started the insults.  I'm quoting you every time I use obtuse.

Quote:and declare yourself the winner.

I would never declare myself the winner in a message board debate.  You would have to be completely obtuse to believe anyone is the winner of an internet debate. LMAO

Quote:I suppose that's easier to do than to actually back up your BS arguments with any sort of data or logic.
I thought it was general knowledge that spermatozoa and ova are alive.  I apologize for assuming you knew.  What data do you need to prove spermatozoa and ova are alive?

(08-16-2015, 03:40 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: It's beyond stupid. 

There is no point in bringing it up unless he is attempting to correlate the two. 

Not only is the argument in general stupid, the suggestion that he wasn't comparing one to the other is even more so. 

Show me where Benton argued you can't be against abortion in his post because I don't see it.

(08-16-2015, 05:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course you did.

What intervention is required for a fertilized egg?

Implantation is needed for pregnancy to occur.  Implantation has a failure rate of approximately 50%.  Of recognized pregnancies, the spontaneous abortion rate is approximately 30%.  Therefore, approximately 80% of fertilized eggs fail result in the birth of a child.

(08-16-2015, 05:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Pro-life isn't about regulating what a woman does to her own body, but what she does to the living being inside of her.

Women are born with a finite number of ova.  They do not develop more during their lifetime.  Once they run out of ova menopause occurs.  Anything a woman ingests or absorbs from birth can affect the ova and therefore any children.  Should nonpregnant women be allowed to drink alcohol knowing it could damage the DNA contained in the ova stored in her ovaries?

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Brownshoe - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Women are born with a finite number of ova.  They do not develop more during their lifetime.  Once they run out of ova menopause occurs.  Anything a woman ingests or absorbs from birth can affect the ova and therefore any children.  Should nonpregnant women be allowed to drink alcohol knowing it could damage the DNA contained in the ova stored in her ovaries?

The same could be said about men and alcohol. So, should alcohol be banned?

The answer is yes (to your question), because it's affecting the potential to life, and not the unborn baby.

RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - jakefromstatefarm - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You implied you were open minded about abortion from the beginning and to state otherwise is dishonest.

I would never declare myself the winner in a message board debate.  You would have to be completely obtuse to believe anyone is the winner of an internet debate. LMAO

Please show me a direct quote of mine in which I declared to be open-minded ABOUT ABORTION.  You won't find such a quote, because I've never made such a statement.  I said that I'm an open-minded person.  There is a large difference.  Having a concrete belief on one thing doesn't make me not be a open-minded person. 

The insults on my intelligence or lack of common sense are a declaration of superiority, are they not?  Again, if you're going to declare yourself as intellectually superior to someone on a message board, you might want to learn some reading comprehension skills first.  Especially considering that you seem unable to grasp what you said yourself. 

With that said, it's no wonder that you don't understand the difference between me saying that I'm an open-minded person and saying that I'm open-minded on abortion.