Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump (/Thread-Whistle-Blower%E2%80%99s-Complaint-Is-Said-to-Involve-Multiple-Acts-by-Trump)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess I was looking more at doing things; as I focused on the enacted laws, passed resolution, got a vote. 

Problem there is that the House has passed several pieces of legislation that haven't seen the floor in the Senate, and probably vice versa. So you really can't use that metric because enacted and passed requires both chambers. Got a vote is difficult to use because that metric doesn't tell you which side isn't holding up their end of things.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess I was looking more at doing things; as I focused on the enacted laws, passed resolution, got a vote. 

Those require a Senate vote. You asked what the House was doing. They're introducing legislation, voting on it, and sending it to the Senate. 

Maybe you need to ask what the Senate is doing. 

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 09:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mitch McConnell is also refusing to even hold votes on a number of the bills past by the House

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/24/18637163/trump-pelosi-democrats-bills-congress

Both he and Trump keep claiming the House is not doing anything, but they've passed legislation in the areas Mitch and Trump have complained about. They're intent on making it look like the House isn't doing anything... and apparently it is working. 

They're just banking on people being too ignorant or lazy to know the difference or look further into it.

(09-25-2019, 09:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those require a Senate vote. You asked what the House was doing. They're introducing legislation, voting on it, and sending it to the Senate. 

I went to their search function and saw that there are 239 bills that passed the House and are awaiting Senate votes. 75 from the Senate to the House. I think you are onto something about the right question to ask.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 09:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those require a Senate vote. You asked what the House was doing. They're introducing legislation, voting on it, and sending it to the Senate. 

Oh, I have 0 doubt that the Senate is not doing much productive either. 

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - bfine32 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 09:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They're just banking on people being too ignorant or lazy to know the difference or look further into it.

Ignorance and laziness aside. I asked what they've done. It's not unlike when Hill's credentials for SoS was she went a lot of places. 

It seems they'd be better served to focus more on their legislation that the Senate is refusing to vote on (I wonder how much is partisan) than investigation a sitting POTUS' phone conversations. If you question that then answer this question: How many threads have been started in this forum that focus on legislation passed by the House but not voted on by the Senate? Unless you're suggesting this very forum is lazy and ignorant. 

(09-25-2019, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ignorance and laziness aside. I asked what they've done. It's not unlike when Hill's credentials for SoS was she went a lot of places. 

It seems they'd be better served to focus more on their legislation that the Senate is refusing to vote on (I wonder how much is partisan) than investigation a sitting POTUS' phone conversations. If you question that then answer this question: How many threads have been started in this forum that focus on legislation passed by the House but not voted on by the Senate? Unless you're suggesting this very forum is lazy and ignorant. 

They do talk a good bit about that legislation, but that's not what gets in the media or what people pay attention to. They try that message on a regular basis and it doesn't stick.

And yes, by and large people on this forum are lazy and/or ignorant. They fall into the same traps the media does.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They do talk a good bit about that legislation, but that's not what gets in the media or what people pay attention to. They try that message on a regular basis and it doesn't stick.

And yes, by and large people on this forum are lazy and/or ignorant. They fall into the same traps the media does.

Not to mention congressional oversight is a huge role of the legislative branch. Ensuring that the laws are being properly executed is as important as creating new laws. 

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 09-25-2019

(09-25-2019, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All this aside at the end of the day each person has to look themselves in the mirror and ask what do you think the intent behind Trump's request was.

Personally I don't think it was to hurt a specific political foe; but was to muddy an entire campaign that has been trying to oust him since the day he won the GOP Primary. He wants vindication.

Puzzling. You don't think a leveraged request to investigate the Dem front runner and son, followed by interception of a whistle blower's report on said matter, was to hurt a specific political foe?  I don't have to wait till the end of the day for that one.

Removing an ambassador focused on eradicating corruption, blocking aid already granted to a country desperately in need of means to counter a primary US adversary, coupled with a request to continue an already dead investigation of a specifically named rival, and involving the Attorney General in the foreign policy hijack--how does all that speak to "muddying an entire campaign" but NOT intent to hurt a specific political foe?

Even granting your premise, you do understand that muddying US foreign policy to get personal "vindication" would be virtually the same breach of trust, Biden or no, right? Biden only allows them to tack on campaign violation to this.

(09-25-2019, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I further think the more the Dems push, the worse it's going to be for them. What has this house done other than investigate Trump and his appointed officials. I think the Dems best chance is for a candidate to say "enough is enough".

The bolded is a current Fox/Republican talking point. But if you are a football coach in a game and you think your team is winning because of the opposing team's reliance on play action passing, do you shout across the field "Hey, you guys are going to lose if you keep up the play action!" or do you just shut up, smile and keep playing?

Seems the House is able to walk and chew gum at the same time. They have passed a lot of bills AND taken their oversight function seriously. As has been noted (posts #182 and 185 above), things don't "get done" once they move to the Senate.

You imply here that that oversight function is inappropriate, even with a president who has repeatedly violated norms of office and law. Do you maintain that Trump 's violations of norms and law are not really the cause of all this Congressional attention; or that he has not really violated the aforementioned norms and law, or that even if he has he is above the law in some important way?

At the end of the day, it is Trump defenders who must look in the mirror and decide if the law and integrity of the office are to be upheld or not.

(09-25-2019, 09:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They do talk a good bit about that legislation, but that's not what gets in the media or what people pay attention to. They try that message on a regular basis and it doesn't stick.

No doubt. I saw the House talking about their legislation today. 

Ignorance comes in a lot of forms. The crazy thing is: The truly ignorant, don't realize they are. Don't we agree?

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BakertheBeast - 09-26-2019

Trump knows he is in trouble in the polls. Being the conman that he is, all he is doing is bluffing. That creature in my avatar probably came up with this latest mis-direction. The Dems should impeach this embarrassment now no matter what the cost.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - hollodero - 09-26-2019

(09-25-2019, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: MS bfine and I had a great day and reading through these comments are a hoot (2bad about Dino and SSF).

All this aside at the end of the day each person has to look themselves in the mirror and ask what do you think the intent behind Trump's request was.

Personally I don't think it was to hurt a specific political foe; but was to muddy an entire campaign that has been trying to oust him since the day he won the GOP Primary. He wants vindication.

Oh, I guess that makes it ok then. Calm down, fellas. He didn't extort Ukraine to hurt Biden's son by smearing Biden's son, he just held back aid appropriated by Congress because he wanted vindication, so nothing to see here. Everybody abuses power like that.
If Obama had done this, held back money to protect from Russia and sent Holder and his personal attorney to talk to Ukraine officials to have Ivanka investigated over an unfounded hunch, that sure would have been ok with you as well.

Also, of course the democrats are the real culprit here. Enough is enough! Let Trump's administration break the law already. Everyone's annoyed by pointing these things out.

--- This is an amazing point of view. How does the man in the mirror not turn away in disbelief?

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - michaelsean - 09-26-2019

(09-25-2019, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey I said MS bfine just got back from the day spa, not the bfine. Not that there's anything unmanly about going to a day spa. As long as they show sports and sell beer. 

My first time being wrong on these boards and it turned out to be a good thing.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 09-26-2019

(09-25-2019, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. I saw the House talking about their legislation today. 

Ignorance comes in a lot of forms. The crazy thing is: The truly ignorant, don't realize they are. Don't we agree?

I don't agree. Some people are ignorant and know they are, so they seek to remedy the situation. That is wisdom, but they are still ignorant until they remedy it. Some people just prefer to wallow in their ignorance either because of laziness or because they don't realize they are ignorant.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-26-2019

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463139-whistleblower-complaint-accuses-trump-admin-of-pattern-of-obfuscation?fbclid=IwAR27u6chrWbByWUKUZxEwGIp7jcpXA59lCWNXRPyN0wYYqtIPY0EohtMhfs

Apparently the whistleblower complaint claims that the White House moved a number of records of Trump's conversations with leaders to a separate computer network than the one they are suppose to be on.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 09-26-2019

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - jj22 - 09-26-2019

Why anyone would let Trump define them as a person and American is beyond me. It's cringe worthy and embarrassing to see it happen.

They claim the know he's a liar/con/not a good man (and they don't vote for him) and yet you see them regurgitating his lies or falling for his con (both is embarrassingly reflective of their character).

What we are learning is not only can he shoot a man on 5th Avenue and get away with it. He can do it, admit to it, and then spin it and they'll still find a way to claim those who say he did it lied and blame it on the libs. I mean why let anyone have that kind of power over you let alone a known con?

We must do better, where is the self pride? self respect? and Patriotism?

It makes me yearn for the days of kneelgate. I didn't agree, but at least people acted like they loved this country.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Benton - 09-26-2019

(09-26-2019, 08:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/463139-whistleblower-complaint-accuses-trump-admin-of-pattern-of-obfuscation?fbclid=IwAR27u6chrWbByWUKUZxEwGIp7jcpXA59lCWNXRPyN0wYYqtIPY0EohtMhfs

Apparently the whistleblower complaint claims that the White House moved a number of records of Trump's conversations with leaders to a separate computer network than the one they are suppose to be on.

Which brings us to the latest edition of:

But that's not illegal.

And if it is illegal, trump didn't know better.

And if it is illegal and trump did know better, the Democrats did it first.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - jj22 - 09-26-2019

Sooner or later Americans are going to have to think about the future of the Presidency and our Democracy.

How can the next POTUS go into the Presidency and not want to do all of this (make millions off of tax payers money for their family and family business for example by strongly suggesting folks in their Administration stay at their properties) and will Americans then care? (we know that answer if it's a Dem).

We are in such a dangerous situation as it relates to the future of the Presidency, it seems Americans have no big picture view of the irreplaceable damage being done to the highest office of the land by allowing this level of corruption and greed (why wouldn't the next POTUS collude with other countries to investigate their political rivals and work with their AG to get information in hopes of using it to help win reelection?).

I actually don't mind if the next Democratic Potus gets held to higher standards. We have to get back to a place were the Presidency is a legit entity and holds the credibility our founding fathers envisioned for the office.

Dare I say we must get back to the constitution? Remember that document Trump defenders? Yall sure did remember it in years past.

Even for those Trump supporters/defenders who have long turned on this great nation, can we agree that after Trump, we need to bring credibility and respect back to the Presidency? Even if you guys will only agree if it's a Democrat...