Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic (/Thread-Christian-Nutjob-Ben-Carson-says-Science-is-Satanic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Rotobeast - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 03:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People really need to stop making P&R alts.

I would assume that our Admins could very easily check IP addys.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 03:53 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I'm an engineering major, not a biologist, but the way evolution was always presented to me was on the basis of random mutation and selection pressures.

Explain the evolution of MRSA within your own lifetime.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 03:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I would assume that our Admins could very easily check IP addys.

Proxy servers.  I could have two computers side by side and the admins would think I'm in two different cities, states, or countries.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Naranja Tigre - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No, I am not changing the argument.  You wrote he can't disagree.  That's nonsense.  Then you compared is disagreement with white "folks" telling black "folk" what they should think or do.  Absurd.  And as I have already shown you, evolution doesn't replace god.

He can't disagree with my statement that to the faithful, evolution replaces God. That's how many, many of them feel about the issue.

And even though it doesn't speak to the creation of the earth, it does speak to the origins of mankind, which is the sticking point here.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Naranja Tigre - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 03:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Explain the evolution of MRSA within your own lifetime.

I definitely see that as evidence of evolution, no doubt.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Rotobeast - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 03:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Proxy servers.  I could have two computers side by side and the admins would think I'm in two different cities, states, or countries.

Oh, I know it's feasible to spoof.
I've had that knowledge since the early nineties, but most do not delve into it.
You can actually do it within the same browser, at the same time.
But.... those days are behind me.
ThumbsUp

[Image: im_behind_seven_proxies-457058.jpg]

(09-28-2015, 12:32 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Upon reading this I was wondering where it would be ranked among scientific theories, in terms of how thoroughly vetted it is, or how important it is.

If you count equations as theories, then Maxwell's is #1, imo.

I had to look up Maxwell's equations.  I took calc based physics in college and I can't say I've ever heard of Maxwell's equations.  Not sure how important it could be if I've never heard of it.  I'd throw out germ theory off the top of my head as greater in importance.  When did Maxwell publish his equations?  After Darwin's On the Origin of Species, yet evolution needs more time to vet than the younger equation you list as #1 in importance?  LMAO

(09-28-2015, 03:58 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I definitely see that as evidence of evolution, no doubt.

Is it random?  Does it replace god?

No and no.

(09-28-2015, 03:56 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: He can't disagree with my statement that to the faithful, evolution replaces God. That's how many, many of them feel about the issue.

And even though it doesn't speak to the creation of the earth, it does speak to the origins of mankind, which is the sticking point here.

This is what you wrote and what he disagreed with . . .

(09-26-2015, 04:46 PM)Nara nja Tigre Wrote: To be fair, evolution basically replaces god. It's a tough nut for the faithful.

I disagree also.  Evolution doesn't replace god.

(09-28-2015, 03:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, I know it's feasible to spoof.
I've had that knowledge since the early nineties, but most do not delve into it.
You can actually do it within the same browser, at the same time.
But.... those days are behind me.
ThumbsUp

[Image: im_behind_seven_proxies-457058.jpg]

Tell me what you know about the deep web.

My wife told me about the deep web then told me not to try to even look up the deep web.  LOL

(09-28-2015, 04:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I had to look up Maxwell's equations.  I took calc based physics in college and I can't say I've ever heard of Maxwell's equations.  Not sure how important it could be if I've never heard of it.  I'd throw out germ theory off the top of my head as greater in importance.  When did Maxwell publish his equations?  After Darwin's On the Origin of Species, yet evolution needs more time to vet than the younger equation you list as #1 in importance?  LMAO

Maxwell's equations are why you're able to be smug to others over the Internet.

They describe the relationship between electricity and magnetism and we basically owe our entire modern lifestyle to them.

It's a shame that everyone knows who Newton and Einstein are and nobody knows who maxwell was, even though he's arguably more important.

And if you took calc based physics 2 there's no way you didn't learn his equations.

(09-28-2015, 04:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Tell me what you know about the deep web.

My wife told me about the deep web then told me not to try to even look up the deep web.  LOL

I haven't tried to go into it.
There's  nothing there for me.
I know from reading that you get to it through "onion sites".
I have no need to purchase illegal items, so I never tried.
I had also read that a lot of them were Gov't traps, so that's probably why you wife warned you.
ThumbsUp

(09-28-2015, 04:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is what you wrote and what he disagreed with . . .

I disagree also.  Evolution doesn't replace god.

To you it doesnt, to many of the faithful it does.

(09-27-2015, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which one of those did we build in an attempt to reach heaven?

Which one would actually reach Heaven?  Because that is why god confounded our language, right?  So we wouldn't reach Heaven?  With a tower?

(09-27-2015, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was the Tower of Babel and it is in Genesis. 

So I am right?

(09-28-2015, 04:16 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: To you it doesnt, to many of the faithful it does.

So it is possible to disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!

(09-28-2015, 04:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I haven't tried to go into it.
There's  nothing there for me.
I know from reading that you get to it through "onion sites".
I have no need to purchase illegal items, so I never tried.
I had also read that a lot of them were Gov't traps, so that's probably why you wife warned you.
ThumbsUp

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Big Grin

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GodHatesBengals - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 04:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Tell me what you know about the deep web.

The best thing to know about the deep web is that you don't want to know about the deep web.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Belsnickel - 09-28-2015

(09-28-2015, 04:16 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: To you it doesnt, to many of the faithful it does.

I think the problem is that when someone says that evolution replaces God, that is based on ignorance. I'm not calling it that to be ugly, but because that's the actual word for it. The ignorance in in regard to Evolutionary Theory, what it states, what it actually explains, and how it fits into the world around us. We've had these conversations a number of times here before when discussing evolution. So many people do not understand Evolutionary Theory but they have been told things about it by others than don't understand it and so it becomes this enemy of the ignorant, as so many things do.

Evolutionary Theory's primary focus is that change occurs through generations. That's it. It's doesn't try to explain how life began. Doesn't have anything with the origins of the universe. It's just that change occurs through generations. Applying some critical thinking to the situation, one can come to the conclusion that evolution is merely an instrument of God's own doing. I hate to pull a quote from popular culture, but as it was said on Futurama "you know you're doing things right when it seems like you aren't doing anything at all". If you're an entity that wants followers to be faithful, why make your work obvious? That doesn't require faith to believe in that.

This was probably a bit rambly because I feel like crap, so my apologies.

(09-28-2015, 04:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So it is possible to disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!

For yourself, yes. For others, no.