Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ben-carson-big-bang-a-fairy-tale-theory-of-evolution-encoura#.eubbEPxya

So apparently "the Adversary" has the power to manipulate all evidence in favor of one of the strongest theories in science. Begging the question: if Satan is so much more powerful than Jeezus, are Christians sure they're worshiping the right guy?
I watched both videos and missed the part where he said Science is Satanic.

I did see where he suggested the Big Bang was encouraged by those that oppose creationism.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-22-2015, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I watched both videos and missed the part where he said Science is Satanic.

I did see where he suggested the Big Bang was encouraged by those that oppose creationism.

“I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the Adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.” -Dr. Ben Carson
(09-22-2015, 10:43 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: “I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the Adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct.” -Dr. Ben Carson

Still didn't see the part where he called Science Satanic. You do realize he relied heavily on science during his career as a Neurosurgeon.  He also seemed to be a fan of both Issac Newton and Albert Einstein and their works.

He basically said The Devil doesn't want man to believe in creationism. It appears Satan is accomplishing his mission in part through the proliferation of the Big Bang theory. I suppose he meant Science is Satanic. 

(09-22-2015, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see the part where he called Science Satanic. You do realize he relied heavily on science during his career as a Neurosurgeon.  He also seemed to be a fan of both Issac Newton and Albert Einstein and their works.

He basically said The Devil doesn't want man to believe in creationism. It appears Satan is accomplishing his mission in part through the proliferation of the Big Bang theory. I suppose he meant Science is Satanic. 

He said satan is encouraging scientists...how much more clear would you like him to be?

"Satan is a scientist"?

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-22-2015, 11:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: He said satan is encouraging scientists...

Where did he say that?

(09-22-2015, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see the part where he called Science Satanic. 

...Darwin ... was encouraged by the Adversary, and it has become what is scientifically...correct.

Mellow
(09-22-2015, 11:09 PM)Benton Wrote: ...Darwin ... was encouraged by the Adversary, and it has become what is scientifically...correct.

Mellow

Yes, I read and saw that part. I think I actually eluded to it earlier. 

Just don't see how that equates to neurosurgeon that has used science more in his career than the vast majority of the population calling Science Satanic. He most likely doesn't even believe the BBT is scientific, I think he provided a few examples to dispute the science of it. 

How about you; do you believe in the science of the BBT? 

(09-22-2015, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see the part where he called Science Satanic. You do realize he relied heavily on science during his career as a Neurosurgeon.  He also seemed to be a fan of both Issac Newton and Albert Einstein and their works.

Well you'll notice that there are no quotes around the statement in my thread title. But the quote about Darwin and "the Adversary" makes it pretty obvious that it was a fantastic paraphrasing of what this numbskull believes. You have further elucidated the type of ignorance he's espousing with your own interpretation of the Devil's use of accurate scientific theories to confuse people into not believing the Garden of Eden fable.
(09-22-2015, 11:17 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Well you'll notice that there are no quotes around the statement in my thread title. But the quote about Darwin and "the Adversary" makes it pretty obvious that it was a fantastic paraphrasing of what this numbskull believes. You have further elucidated the type of ignorance he's espousing with your own interpretation of the Devil's use of accurate scientific theories to confuse people into not believing the Garden of Eden fable.

Hell, don't stop now; you've already got 2 board members thinking he really did say Science is Satanic. 

(09-22-2015, 11:09 PM)Benton Wrote: ...Darwin ... was encouraged by the Adversary, and it has become what is scientifically...correct.

Mellow

Makes me think of Satan taking the form of a little finch, whispering in his ear.
And the finch's name was "Adversary".

Sorry.... I'm getting tired
Yawn
(09-22-2015, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I read and saw that part. I think I actually eluded to it earlier. 

Just don't see how that equates to neurosurgeon that has used science more in his career than the vast majority of the population calling Science Satanic. He most likely doesn't even believe the BBT is scientific, I think he provided a few examples to dispute the science of it. 

There are scientists who hold degrees and accomplishments in certain fields who still reject equally valid and useful science in other fields. You can find most of them working for Answers in Genesis or activist groups funded by the fossil fuel industry.

He did not provide any "examples to dispute the science of it". He offered an asinine Kent Hovind-style caricature of the Big Bang Theory, using a Boeing as an analogy.

This isn't a matter of "beliefs". If you are asking whether people accept the scores of tests and experiments proving the predictions made by the Big Bang model correct, then ask that. Leave "beliefs" between you and your imaginary friend.
(09-22-2015, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, don't stop now; you've already got 2 board members thinking he really did say Science is Satanic. 

I think 2 board members agree that

Quote:it was a fantastic paraphrasing of what this numbskull believes
(09-22-2015, 11:24 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I think 2 board members agree that

"I was talking out of my arse"

Funny, I didn't see anyone other than me suggest that. 

(09-22-2015, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I read and saw that part. I think I actually eluded to it earlier. 

He didn't break down the sciences he determined were in use by evil. That would lead one to believe that neuroscience=good; all other sciences=tools of evil.

And he mentioned the BBT. And then rambled about a 747 in a junkyard.

As far as the BBT, yes, I believe in it. I also believe it was part of God's plan. The two don't have to be exclusive. I don't think things could randomly so fall so well into place out of nothing, but on the other hand, there is nothing to say that's not the timeline things occurred in. Just because science answers questions doesn't mean it's scary or evil. It's not brain surgery.
(09-22-2015, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Funny, I didn't see anyone other than me suggest that. 

Yawn

So, wanna defend Carson for claiming that one of the most solid theories in all of science was "encouraged" by the red guy with horns?
(09-22-2015, 11:32 PM)Benton Wrote: He didn't break down the sciences he determined were in use by evil. That would lead one to believe that neuroscience=good; all other sciences=tools of evil.

As far as the BBT, yes, I believe in it. I also believe it was part of God's plan. The two don't have to be exclusive. I don't think things could randomly so fall so well into place out of nothing, but on the other hand, there is nothing to say that's not the timeline things occurred in. Just because science answers questions doesn't mean it's scary or evil. It's not brain surgery.

Thank you !
I fully believe this, as well.
I feel Evolution is God's hand at work (albeit rather slow).

Well the rest of us can read so we see it.  Smirk

All seriousness aside that's part of Carson's problem:  People say he's man of science but he rejects any and all science EXCEPT the field he studied.  He doesn't say to leave it up to the ones who studied it...he rejects it and believes it was "encouraged" by Satan.

Clearly he's presidential material.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-22-2015, 11:32 PM)Benton Wrote: He didn't break down the sciences he determined were in use by evil. That would lead one to believe that neuroscience=good; all other sciences=tools of evil.

Critics suggest the BBT violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. The big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing. Some critics say that the formation of stars and galaxies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. Some astrophysicists and cosmologists argue that scientists have misinterpreted evidence like the redshift of celestial bodies and the cosmic microwave background radiation. Some cite the absence of exotic cosmic bodies that should have been the product of the big bang according to the theory. The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light

So everyone that thinks the Universe didn't perfectly form from one big explosion finds scientific answers evil or scary?  

(09-22-2015, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Critics suggest the BBT violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. The big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing. Some critics say that the formation of stars and galaxies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. Some astrophysicists and cosmologists argue that scientists have misinterpreted evidence like the redshift of celestial bodies and the cosmic microwave background radiation. Some cite the absence of exotic cosmic bodies that should have been the product of the big bang according to the theory. The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light

So everyone that thinks the Universe didn't perfectly form from one big explosion finds scientific answers evil or scary?  

I so love it when right wingers quote sources without revealing them. Howstuffworks.com, eh? Kewl.

You should read the rest of that highly respected scholarly article before quoting one single paragraph. ThumbsUp