Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(09-23-2015, 12:00 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I so love it when right wingers quote sources without revealing them. Howstuffworks.com, eh? Kewl.

You should read the rest of that highly respected scholarly article before quoting one single paragraph. ThumbsUp

So you also agree that those that question the BBT find scientific answers evil or scary? 

I am sure the rest of the article tries to explain why those that use science to question it are wrong. Most likely through evil calculations and scary assumptions. 

Did you post the entire Carson symposium or just the parts where he called it "Satanic"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-22-2015, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Critics suggest the BBT violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. The big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing. Some critics say that the formation of stars and galaxies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. Some astrophysicists and cosmologists argue that scientists have misinterpreted evidence like the redshift of celestial bodies and the cosmic microwave background radiation. Some cite the absence of exotic cosmic bodies that should have been the product of the big bang according to the theory. The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light

So everyone that thinks the Universe didn't perfectly form from one big explosion finds scientific answers evil or scary?  

You think God couldn't form the universe using what we determine as the laws of physics?
(09-23-2015, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you also agree that those that question the BBT find scientific answers evil or scary? 

I am sure the rest of the article tries to explain why those that use science to question it are wrong. Most likely through evil calculations and scary assumptions. 

Did you post the entire Carson symposium or just the parts where he called it "Satanic"

I believe that Ben Carson questions the BBT because he finds scientific answers evil or scary, and that's all that matters since it's him who we're talking about here.

If you need to know why I specifically believe that about him, then feel free to go to the start of this thread and click the link in the very first post I made and read his quotes for a quick refresher.
(09-23-2015, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: You think God couldn't form the universe using what we determine as the laws of physics?

You can call it what ever you want, as long as you know who created it and are not compelled to attribute the creation to science. 

(09-22-2015, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see the part where he called Science Satanic.

(09-22-2015, 11:09 PM)Benton Wrote: ...Darwin ... was encouraged by the Adversary, and it has become what is scientifically...correct.

Mellow

What?
If that little voice inside you (the devil to believers) was telling you to act unethically at what ever it is you do, does that mean your job is satanic?
(09-23-2015, 12:21 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I believe that Ben Carson questions the BBT because he finds scientific answers evil or scary, and that's all that matters since it's him who we're talking about here.

If you need to know why I specifically believe that about him, then feel free to go to the start of this thread and click the link in the very first post I made and read his quotes for a quick refresher.

So you think possibly the most gifted neurosurgeon the world has seen who has also worked toward answer questions of dwarfism and various childhood aliments finds scientific answers evil or scary?

I don't need to click a link to find fault with that logic. 

(09-23-2015, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think possibly the most gifted neurosurgeon the world has seen who has also worked toward answer questions of dwarfism and various childhood aliments finds scientific answers evil or scary?

He's playing god.  He'll get his on judgement day.
(09-23-2015, 12:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He'll get his on judgement day.

Won't we all?

(09-23-2015, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you think possibly the most gifted neurosurgeon the world has seen who has also worked toward answer questions of dwarfism and various childhood aliments finds scientific answers evil or scary?

Just because he accepts some scientific answers from some fields of science doesn't mean he doesn't reject others because he finds those specific scientific answers evil or scary. Or, to be specific, "encouraged by" the devil.
(09-23-2015, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Won't we all?

No.
(09-23-2015, 12:41 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Just because he accepts some scientific answers from some fields of science doesn't mean he doesn't reject others because he finds those specific scientific answers evil or scary. Or, to be specific, "encouraged by" the devil.

So you're saying he thinks some scientific answers to be encourage by the being that wants man to turn away from god?

Why didn't you say that in the first place, because I agree with that assertion. 

(09-23-2015, 12:44 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: No.

As long as you're 100% sure. 

(09-23-2015, 12:41 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Just because he accepts some scientific answers from some fields of science doesn't mean he doesn't reject others because he finds those specific scientific answers evil or scary. Or, to be specific, "encouraged by" the devil.

Too bad you can't edit the misleading thread title.
(09-23-2015, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying he thinks some scientific answers to be encourage by the being that wants man to turn away from god?

Why didn't you say that in the first place, because I agree with that assertion. 

I did say that, in a much more concise way, and you read it before you even clicked this thread.

Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic

PS Thanks for finally admitting that you also believe some science is of the devil.
(09-23-2015, 12:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Too bad you can't edit the misleading thread title.

Thread titles have limited space. Carson's full quote would not fit. My paraphrasing is accurate.
(09-23-2015, 12:48 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: PS Thanks for finally admitting that you also believe some science is of the devil.

You're welcome? Although, I'm not sure where I ever suggested that some scientific theories are encouraged by the being that wants man to turn away from good or as someone with the simplistic mentality of Bobby Boucher's' mom would comprehend this: "Science is the Devil". 

(09-23-2015, 12:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're welcome? Although, I'm not sure where I ever suggested that some scientific theories are encouraged by the being that wants man to turn away from good or as someone with the simplistic mentality of Bobby Boucher's' mom would comprehend this: "Science is the Devil". 

Oh, my mistake! Just to clarify then: you don't agree with Ben Carson that Satan is encouraging the theory of evolution to turn people from God?
(09-23-2015, 12:56 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Oh, my mistake! Just to clarify then: you don't agree with Ben Carson that Satan is encouraging the theory of evolution to turn people from God?

As I fully expected, you're gonna dodge that crystal clear question. It's not a good look for your faith that you're ashamed to admit the ramifications it has on your view of the world.
(09-22-2015, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I watched both videos and missed the part where he said Science is Satanic.

I did see where he suggested the Big Bang was encouraged by those that oppose creationism.

(09-22-2015, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still didn't see the part where he called Science Satanic. You do realize he relied heavily on science during his career as a Neurosurgeon.  He also seemed to be a fan of both Issac Newton and Albert Einstein and their works.

He basically said The Devil doesn't want man to believe in creationism. It appears Satan is accomplishing his mission in part through the proliferation of the Big Bang theory. I suppose he meant Science is Satanic. 

(09-22-2015, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did he say that?

(09-22-2015, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I read and saw that part. I think I actually eluded to it earlier. 

Just don't see how that equates to neurosurgeon that has used science more in his career than the vast majority of the population calling Science Satanic. He most likely doesn't even believe the BBT is scientific, I think he provided a few examples to dispute the science of it. 

How about you; do you believe in the science of the BBT? 

(09-22-2015, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Funny, I didn't see anyone other than me suggest that. 

Two pages until something substantial!

(09-22-2015, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Critics suggest the BBT violates the first law of thermodynamics, which says you can't create or destroy matter or energy. The big bang theory suggests the universe began out of nothing. Some critics say that the formation of stars and galaxies violates the law of entropy, which suggests systems of change become less organized over time. Some astrophysicists and cosmologists argue that scientists have misinterpreted evidence like the redshift of celestial bodies and the cosmic microwave background radiation. Some cite the absence of exotic cosmic bodies that should have been the product of the big bang according to the theory. The early inflationary period of the big bang appears to violate the rule that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light

So everyone that thinks the Universe didn't perfectly form from one big explosion finds scientific answers evil or scary?  

And its crap.   Smirk

(09-23-2015, 12:00 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I so love it when right wingers quote sources without revealing them. Howstuffworks.com, eh? Kewl.

You should read the rest of that highly respected scholarly article before quoting one single paragraph. ThumbsUp

(09-23-2015, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you also agree that those that question the BBT find scientific answers evil or scary? 

(09-23-2015, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying he thinks some scientific answers to be encourage by the being that wants man to turn away from god?

(09-23-2015, 12:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're welcome? Although, I'm not sure where I ever suggested that some scientific theories are encouraged by the being that wants man to turn away from good or as someone with the simplistic mentality of Bobby Boucher's' mom would comprehend this: "Science is the Devil". 

I didn't say...I never said...where did I say...

I don't see...where did they say...you weren't specific...

You mean...so you think...you  believe...

I wonder where we've seen this before?   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

My understanding of the theory is that it does not say the universe came from nothing. It states that it starts at a point of intense density and energy that then exploded outward. The problem is that working past that, the laws of physics as we know them seem to break down. So we are currently unable to know what came before that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR