Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Why does he refuse to condemn them? (/Thread-Why-does-he-refuse-to-condemn-them)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - PhilHos - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 04:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: But you have to admit that the Proud Boys demonstrably did hear it the way fred described it. They're very visibly happy, made a logo and everything. Fred is not making this up.

If you're talking about the debate, yes. I'm not saying that his words are ALWAYS twisted, but when he goes out of his way to mention non neo Nazis and non white supremacists in saying "fine people" but people are still trying to say he called neo Nazis and white supremacists "fine people".

There's no denying Trump says some stupid shit. A lot of the time. But there's also no denying that people twist his words sometimes, too. 

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - bfine32 - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 04:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: But you have to admit that the Proud Boys demonstrably did hear it the way fred described it. They're very visibly happy, made a logo and everything. Fred is not making this up.

As I've said: People with an agenda heard it the way they wanted.

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - hollodero - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 04:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you're talking about the debate, yes. I'm not saying that his words are ALWAYS twisted, but when he goes out of his way to mention non neo Nazis and non white supremacists in saying "fine people" but people are still trying to say he called neo Nazis and white supremacists "fine people".

There's no denying Trump says some stupid shit. A lot of the time. But there's also no denying that people twist his words sometimes, too. 

I'm not denying that. At all. I feel Charlottesville is not a good example for that dynamic, for there he displayed many of the traits I also see in the Proud Boys example. Just as a tiny example, he lied about who had a permit to protest and who hadn't, his whole condemnation mainly focused on Antifa and the media, again David Duke praised him for his condemnation, again it was given in a form that reasonably allowed David Duke and others to do so, again he never found any real passion like he finds when condemning the left or Antifa or Comey etc. or someone he really takes issue with, again he could not bring himself to simply say "I do not want your support, David Duke etc." I mention all that not in convincing you, there can be disagreement on that, I know many fine people have a different take. As for who he called fine people, it is difficult to really say for me. But imho you went a bit too far when saying "fred makes shit up". He did not.

(10-02-2020, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I've said: People with an agenda heard it the way they wanted.

Yes, to me Trump's condemnations come across as lip service, and in that the addressed group take it as such, as "something he had to mutter for the PC and media people", but something he doesn't really mean. This is my take on this, I also feel he does that deliberately. I think this take is very much legitimate, while I don't claim to have the only legitimate take on this. But I often find it a bit simple to attribute this take to "my bias" or "my agenda" that clouds my judgment and makes me primitive and intellectually impaired. You know, the way you argue with everyone percieved as leftist or liberal.

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - fredtoast - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The ones who weren't neo Nazis and white supremacists but also didn't want the statues to be removed.

The event was 100% organized and publicized by white supremacist.  I didn't see any others there.  Got any pictures of them?

There must be since Trump knew about them, right?

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - PhilHos - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The event was 100% organized and publicized by white supremacist.  I didn't see any others there.  Got any pictures of them?

If you want to argue that there were no non-Neo Nazis in favor of keeping the statues up there that day, knock yourself out. The fact of the matter remains that Trump did not call any of the neo Nazis or white supremacists "fine people".

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - fredtoast - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 06:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you want to argue that there were no non-Neo Nazis in favor of keeping the statues up there that day, knock yourself out. The fact of the matter remains that Trump did not call any of the neo Nazis or white supremacists "fine people".

Thank you for giving me permission to make my argument.

Now please tell me who Trump was calling "good people"?

I am sure you would not state something as a fact if you don't have anything to back it up other than "Trump can't be wrong!!!", would you?  Because right now that is all I am seeing.  And I don't buy that BS.

That even was 100% organized and promoted by white supremacists.  And from all the evidence I have seen those were the only people there.

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - bfine32 - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The event was 100% organized and publicized by white supremacist.  I didn't see any others there.  Got any pictures of them?

Then why were "good folks" on the Left there?

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - BmorePat87 - 10-02-2020

Ever since Biden began focusing on "fine people on both sides", conservative talking heads have been ramping up to dishonestly portray the event as an innocent pro-statue protest that got infiltrated by some Neo Nazi's. It had been happening since 2017, but it has gained steam in the last year.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/09/donald-trump-and-his-allies-are-trying-to-rewrite-the-history-of-charlottesville/

Quote:Trump’s defenders have seized on that line to argue that it’s false to say Trump praised white supremacists. But that requires a willful ignorance of who organized the rally and who attended it. Unite the Right was not some spontaneous demonstration, nor was it a big-tent gathering meant to rope in a broad coalition. It was plainly advertised as a white supremacist rally, by and for neo-Nazis. It was supposed to be menacing. And it was the only rally in Charlottesville that day (other than the counterprotests). There was no second group. The Washington Post’s fact-checker noted that “The 207-page independent review commissioned by Charlottesville…makes no mention of peaceful pro-statue demonstrators.”

“I looked the night before,” Trump said at one point during his press conference. “If you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee.” The rally “the night before” was the famous tiki-torch parade, in which attendees shouted “Jews will not replace us”—not the kind of thing you can find yourself unintentionally partaking in. And Unite the Right’s support of the Lee statue was mostly just a pretext. As Vox’s Jane Coaston noted, “it is fascinating just how little the statue of Lee, or honoring Confederate veterans, seemed to matter to the organizers and attendees of Unite the Right.” Instead, promotional materials for the rally described it as an attempt to, for instance, “end Jewish influence in America.”

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-reporter-accuses-colleagues-of-sounding-like-a-white-supremacist-chat-room-2019-4

Leaked emails showed one Fox reporter calling out two others for defending attendees as free speech proponents, pointing out that the guy they were defending was on camera with a tiki torch during the "Jews will not replace us" chant. 

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - NATI BENGALS - 10-02-2020

(10-02-2020, 04:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I did not know that. Hence, why I asked my question. 

A lot of stuff trump says is a lie. If you dont know any better why would you not believe the president?

hence the current shit show

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - samhain - 10-02-2020

(10-01-2020, 09:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: WTF are you talking about?

The shootout that police had with the actual white supremacist last week.  As in an Aryan nation gang member with a weapons stockpile ambushed officers. Put one in a wheelchair.  Probably a good dude, though, right.  Smashing libz and all. Protestors bad, Nazis good, amirite?

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - GMDino - 10-05-2020

(10-01-2020, 02:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Hey, by the way, when your homeboys out in San Luis Obispo got into the shootout last week with that white supremacist guy, did you do all you could to stop it?  Did you tell them how distasteful it was to do violent things to far-right extremists?  I mean, there are people throwing stuff and spray painting at protests.  Who has time to worry when the right gets into shootouts with cops, amirite?  Just leave the poor 2A patriot alone and fight the real enemy, IE anyone on the left!

Wasn't it offensive for the media to characterize him as a Nazi?  I'm curious.

(10-01-2020, 09:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: WTF are you talking about?

(10-02-2020, 11:30 PM)samhain Wrote: The shootout that police had with the actual white supremacist last week.  As in an Aryan nation gang member with a weapons stockpile ambushed officers.  Put one in a wheelchair.  Probably a good dude, though, right.  Smashing libz and all.  Protestors bad, Nazis good, amirite?

this:

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1313115928910082049

Quote:White supremacist killed in shootout with San Luis Obispo County deputy

CALIFORNIA
by: Associated Press
Posted: Sep 24, 2020 / 08:27 PM PDT Updated: Sep 24, 2020 / 08:27 PM PDT

[Image: AP20269091998820.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=1]

Investigators gather near the shooting scene in which a man was killed by sheriff’s deputies after he shot and wounded a deputy in Templeton on Sept. 24, 2020. (Laura Dickinson / The Tribune via Associated Press)

A man killed by sheriff’s deputies after he shot and wounded a deputy in central California Thursday has been identified as a convicted felon and white supremacist gang member.

Officials say the man opened fire on deputies while hiding behind bushes after he ran from his vehicle in an unincorporated area just outside Templeton, about 5 miles south of Paso Robles.

San Luis Obispo County officials say the vehicle was spotted around 10:21 a.m. on a 101 Freeway frontage road by a deputy, who recognized it as belonging to a wanted felon. When the man pulled over, he fled on foot.

The suspect ran through vineyards to a cemetery, where he ambushed the deputies, firing multiple rounds from a handgun, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The injured deputy was hospitalized in stable condition after being shot in the leg.

The suspect tried to flee after deputies returned fire, but deputies stopped him as he tried to return to his vehicle, officials said.

Authorities say they shot and killed the suspect, who remained armed.

His name was not immediately released, pending the notification of his next of kin.

However, the Sheriff’s Office said he is a convicted felon with an outstanding felony warrant, an extensive history of weapons charges and is a white supremacist gang member.

But that was a month ago so I'm not sure that counts.  Ninja

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - fredtoast - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 01:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: But that was a month ago so I'm not sure that counts.  Ninja

Didn't you hear? Violence by white supremacists ended three weeks ago. Smirk

And aren't you shocked that SSF never heard a thing about it.

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Dill - 10-05-2020

(10-02-2020, 04:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There's no denying Trump says some stupid shit. A lot of the time. But there's also no denying that people twist his words sometimes, too. 

People do indeed sometimes twist Trump words, as happens to every president.

What is disturbing in the Trump case is not that "some" twist his words, but that--

1. Most of the time, twisting is unnecessary. His damning statements need no extra spin.

2. Trump is himself the twister in chief, regularly disinforming the public about everything from Obama's (sick) spying to Ukrainian meddling in the US election to his health status at the moment.

To make it worse the government officials working under them under him, who are supposed to be working for the American people, are enlisted into the process--or terminated.

Were Trump a reporter, could even the National Enquirer risk publishing one of his stories?

He doesn't have to worry about that though because his day job is deciding foreign and domestic policy for the US--and protecting the nation from a pandemic.

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-05-2020

(10-02-2020, 11:30 PM)samhain Wrote: The shootout that police had with the actual white supremacist last week.  As in an Aryan nation gang member with a weapons stockpile ambushed officers.  Put one in a wheelchair.  Probably a good dude, though, right.  Smashing libz and all.  Protestors bad, Nazis good, amirite?

If you're trying to say something then just grow a pair and say it.

(10-05-2020, 01:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: this:

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1313115928910082049

But that was a month ago so I'm not sure that counts.  Ninja

(10-05-2020, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Didn't you hear? Violence by white supremacists ended three weeks ago. Smirk

And aren't you shocked that SSF never heard a thing about it.

I was aware of the incident, I was questioning the content of his post and his wording.  But don't ever pass up an opportunity to pile on you two. Smirk

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - BmorePat87 - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 03:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you're trying to say something then just grow a pair and say it.

Yea, gonna come here and say you never dismissed actual white supremacists. I know the two of us spoke about the issue with the term being broadly applied to all alt-right groups while also recognizing the very real supremacist or nazi groups that do exist. 

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - fredtoast - 10-05-2020

(10-05-2020, 03:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you're trying to say something then just grow a pair and say it.

Actually he is the one who says what he means.

All you can do is ask questions and then act like you knew all along what you were talking about.

So next time instead of asking a question that makes you look like you have no clue what you are talking about why not just grow a pair and say what you mean?

The little "question game" that gets played so much around here is tiresome.  It makes everyone waste a lot of time even figuring out what people are talking about.

(10-05-2020, 03:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, gonna come here and say you never dismissed actual white supremacists. I know the two of us spoke about the issue with the term being broadly applied to all alt-right groups while also recognizing the very real supremacist or nazi groups that do exist. 

Yeah, unfortunately we're starting to see here what we see in the world at large, if you're not in lock step with the left leaning people they will happily slap a pejorative label on you.  It's rather important to be accurate with these types of labels, as misusing them quickly robs them of actual meaning.

(10-05-2020, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually he is the one who says what he means.

Sure he is, he wasn't implying anything.  Nothing at all. Whatever

Quote:All you can do is ask questions and then act like you knew all along what you were talking about.

So next time instead of asking a question that makes you look like you have no clue what you are talking about why not just grow a pair and say what you mean?

If I was going to take lessons on posting here you'd be literally the last person I'd look to for advice.  But thanks for offering it all the same.

Quote:The little "question game" that gets played so much around here is tiresome.  It makes everyone waste a lot of time even figuring out what people are talking about.

Fred complaining about people wasting time with irrelevancies, now I've seen everything.  I'm going to stop making this about you, as much as you tried to make it about me, and kindly ask you to allow other people to actually speak for themselves. 

RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - PhilHos - 10-05-2020

(10-02-2020, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you for giving me permission to make my argument.

Now please tell me who Trump was calling "good people"?

I am sure you would not state something as a fact if you don't have anything to back it up other than "Trump can't be wrong!!!", would you?  Because right now that is all I am seeing.  And I don't buy that BS.

That even was 100% organized and promoted by white supremacists.  And from all the evidence I have seen those were the only people there.

All I'll say is that I highly doubt you have access to the same intelligence organizations that Trump does.