Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? (/Thread-Burrow-Offensive-Rookie-of-the-Year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - SHRacerX - 10-27-2020

(10-26-2020, 10:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's actually one of my two main problems with QB Rating. It's the best stat we have for QBs, but I think it favors game managers a little too much.  (The other being I wish we had a weighted/scaled version so we could instantly find out how much above/below average they were while also being able to easily compare different years/eras against each other like you can with OPS+ and ERA+ in baseball.)

QB rating does favor efficiency and game management.  It wouldn't calculate quickly and be able to be immediately presented, but QB performance should account for accuracy, % of snaps under duress, and air yards traveled by the ball.  For years when he had Bell, Piggy would get crazy YPA because of a check down that went 20 yards.  

Way too many things to consider, but if you go by QB rating alone, you will likely always reward a game manager over a guy that if making all kinds of plays on a lesser team.  Like, I could imagine Archie Manning never would have had a strong QB rating, but was a heck of a QB on a poor team.  

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Big Boss - 10-27-2020

This dick-measuring contest between Bengals and Chargers fans with their respective QBs is already getting annoying as ****.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 09:01 AM)Big Boss Wrote: This dick-measuring contest between Bengals and Chargers fans with their respective QBs is already getting annoying as ****.

There’s not supposed to even be any Chargers fans in Jungle Noise...

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - bfine32 - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 09:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s not supposed to even be any Chargers fans in Jungle Noise...

But dick-measuring is authorized. 

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - jj22 - 10-29-2020

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/29/nfl-names-justin-herbert-octobers-top-offensive-rookie/

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nicomo Cosca - 11-01-2020

Burrow’s 106.7 rating in a winning effort vs a 5-1 team should even things out a bit.

Herbert had a 89.1 with a couple INT’s in a loss to a 2-4 team.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - QueenCity - 11-01-2020

Both are performing like future stars... may come down to Wins and losses.

Bengals have 4 winnable games left on the schedule need to win at least 3 of them

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - RiverRat13 - 11-01-2020

I think Burrow has more winnable games left on the schedule but Herbert has lesser defenses to go against. Three games left against Pittsburgh and Baltimore will do Burrow no favors statistically. In the end, both franchises have to be ecstatic with what they have. As was mentioned already in the thread, the pressure really is on Tua to justify being taken over Herbert.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nicomo Cosca - 11-01-2020

(11-01-2020, 09:55 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I think Burrow has more winnable games left on the schedule but Herbert has lesser defenses to go against. Three games left against Pittsburgh and Baltimore will do Burrow no favors statistically. In the end, both franchises have to be ecstatic with what they have. As was mentioned already in the thread, the pressure really is on Tua to justify being taken over Herbert.

Idk if they were just trying to ease Tua in or what, but his stat line is pretty unimpressive. Guess the W is all that matters though.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - bengaloo - 11-01-2020

Burrow all day. Herbert looks very good, but I dont think he would look as good playing here.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Raider6309 - 11-01-2020

Burrow will get it

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Bengalstripes9 - 11-02-2020

I think Burrow will have to come alive a bit late in the year against the Steelers/Ravens. If he shells up in those games because our team get's thoroughly outplayed/outcoached, it won't bode well--but maybe he still sneaks a narrow victory out as ROTY. I want to see him hold his own against those elite defenses, but it's probably too early in his career and this team's development process to expect him to do well in those games.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Essex Johnson - 11-02-2020

Has developed midway point to a two person race between Burrow and Herbert both has played well and made impressive plays, it's a coin flip at midpoint between them.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nicomo Cosca - 11-04-2020

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-04-2020

(11-04-2020, 02:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Herbert has played a lot better than I thought he would, will give him that.

Burrow should win it though, Burrow came to a team with A LOT more problems and has STILL played better than Herbert IMO.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Essex Johnson - 11-04-2020

No clear cut winner yet.. Herbert came off the bench and has played well for Chargers.. played well in prime time which probably helped him some.. Burrow has played very well and overall been very consistent. Both are on bad teams.. Chargers have their own issues .. If Burrow shines against Steelers and with the likes of Wash, Giants, Miami and Dallas.. Burrow could really take over the lead in the next 6 weeks..

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-04-2020

(11-04-2020, 08:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No clear cut winner yet.. Herbert came off the bench and has played well for Chargers.. played well in prime time which probably helped him some.. Burrow has played very well and  overall been very consistent. Both are on bad teams.. Chargers have their own issues .. If Burrow shines against Steelers and with the likes of Wash, Giants, Miami and Dallas.. Burrow could really take over the lead in the next 6 weeks..

No argument but Burrow also played well in primetime against the Browns. Wasn't that the Thursday night game?

Just slipped my damn mind lol

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Nicomo Cosca - 11-04-2020

(11-04-2020, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No argument but Burrow also played well in primetime against the Browns. Wasn't that the Thursday night game?

Just slipped my damn mind lol

Yep. Thursday night game. 316 yds 3 TD 0 INT.

(11-04-2020, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Thursday night game. 316 yds 3 TD 0 INT.

Thanks, thought so. This is just another reason why Burrow is so special, he plays his best when the bright lights come on.

Have not had that in our QB in a long time. Long, long, long time.

RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Big Boss - 11-05-2020

Most completions when targeting single coverage:

◾ Joe Burrow - 70
◾ Tom Brady - 68

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1324177378881556482