Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) (/Thread-Statement-from-Mike-Brown-Zac-is-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Big Boss - 01-04-2021

*Sigh*

Can we get new uniforms at least?

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - kalibengal - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 03:39 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: it’s not popular or cool per se, but rather a logical indictment of 30 years of losing. The man has been the owner and general manager of the team for 30 years. His winning percentage is barely 40%. His teams have never won a playoff game.  In those 30 years the team only has seven or eight winning seasons.  Hard to argue against fans who Point out that  level of Sustained failure.Bill Parcells said you are who your record says you are. In that case, Mike Brown is a loser.  His managerial strategies have failed to produce a winning, competitive franchise.  It’s hard to be intimidating with Mike as owner/GM, Duke and the kids forming the rest of the front office, and a coach with a Division record of 1-7 and overall record of 6-25-1.

Just crazy to think that MB has yet to win a playoff game !!!!! in 30 ***** yrs!! and he thinks he is doing a good job and needS no help from someone form outside?  THIS JUST TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW...HE DOESNT GIVE A SHIT REALLY.....JUST HAVE FAITH BECAUSE HES "BULLISH" ON ZT
WHAT A JOKE

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, the fans who supported the hire trusted that the FO are good enough at their jobs to make a quality hire. They are the ones who are supposed to be the experts.

....and to be even more fair, we shoulda known better. Whatever

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - reuben.ahmed - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand.

Are you saying it is impossible to be a fan of the Bengals and not a fan of Mike Brown?

For 30 years, yes. You are not a Bengals fan, the only constant is Mike Brown. You are a Mike Brown fan! Like everyone in here including me. What are the Bengals to you otherwise?

We have one of the worst owners in sporting history lol.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - JSR18 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 11:40 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I read into that as well, meaning he didn't want to get rid of ML.  I think those two were really really close and it was probably one of his hardest decisions.  And rightfully so... ML basically resurrected a dead Bengals team.  Prior to ML we were absolutely the laughing stock.

...and with Zac Taylor, we're right back to being a laughing stock around the league.

Perfect.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - BrownAssClown - 01-04-2021

Well by golly Mr. Brown, I'm feeling bullish too! Why in just another 3 or 4 seasons Zac could have us at 8-8! That is if we get sprinkled with a little fairy dust! New Dey! WhoDey!!!!
The good news is I can save the money that I would've spent on tickets next year and buy that Hartke bass head and cabs I've had my eye on! Thanks for making my decision easier Mr. Brown! Mike Brown's loss is Larry Hartke's gain!

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - BengalsFanRealist2855 - 01-04-2021

This is just sad. When we are having losing seasons and sad and depressed when it's looking bad for this team,I thought mike brown would be too,I thought mike brown would think he dont have much time left to see a winner. But no... he blames the fans for wanting to move on from marvin and just keeps a positive attitude about everything. He truly is one of the worst owners in sports. He doesn't have any urgency for winning.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Bengalholic - 01-04-2021

Not surprised Zac is back...very disappointed, but it was expected. 

Man, when you look at the history, not counting Zac or Shanahan, because they're both still active, there's been 18 coaches during the last 30 years that have had 6 or less wins in each of their 1st 2 seasons, and got brought back for a 3rd year. 

Only 5 had a winning season in year 3, but only one of those 5 ever had another winning season with that team...while 9 other coaches didn't make it through, or past, a 3rd season. 

Results of coaches that have started out as bad as Zac have been pretty definitive over the last 3 decades...it simply doesn't work.

Now, we're left hoping that Zac can defy the odds and buck that trend, while still trying to figure out how to be a head coach and working with an incompetent front office. Not trying to be negative, but at the same time, finding it very hard to be positive. 

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Tony - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue with Mike Brown's statement.  I think we are going to like what happens this offseason.

I know lots of folks are discouraged after yesterday's dismal showing, but we were simply outclassed from a player personnel standpoint at most key positions.... you can call it outcoached if you want, but ZT didn't have many tools left in his toolbelt to use.  This years Ravens team is looking unbelievable... it'll be fun to watch them vs. KC when that happens.

I think when we see the OL get the attention it needs, we'll all feel a little better about the direction we're headed, which undoubtedly is UP UP UP

Stop,  they arent even close to KC... The ravens are average.  The struggled mightily against th good teams and beat all the bad ones...

When is this ass clown going to stop making decisions for this football team?

Right now, I'm furniture breaking pissed off!

At his age the only decision he should make is whether he drinks his prune juice before noon or after. People his age have had the Drivers License and car keys taken away 5 years ago yet this clown is still making decisions about an NFL team.

WTF!!??!!??...

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Destro - 01-04-2021

Shocking.

Sarcasm

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - XenoMorph - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:38 PM)JSR18 Wrote: When is this ass clown going to stop making decisions for this football team?

Right now, I'm furniture breaking pissed off!

At his age the only decision he should make is whether he drinks his prune juice before noon or after. People his age have had the Drivers License and car keys taken away 5 years ago yet this clown is still making decisions about an NFL team.

WTF!!??!!??...

Come on dude its not the furnitures fault....

This is the steelers fault... They did it on purpose... They threw that game cause they knew this would happen... Whats 1 loss when you have the division compared to keeping a team helpless all next season....

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - t3r3e3 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: For 30 years, yes. You are not a Bengals fan, the only constant is Mike Brown. You are a Mike Brown fan! Like everyone in here including me. What are the Bengals to you otherwise?

We have one of the worst owners in sporting history lol.

I’d argue the converse. The team is from where I’m from, so I root for the team. I do not root for inept owners and front office clowns who limit my team’s chances of success. Marvin won here despite Mike, Katie, Troy, and the rest of the Brown family. We’re back to ineptitude because the fools thought the team’s success was primarily because of them, and not Marvin and his staff. Was Marvin a great coach? Likely not, but consistently winning 9-10 games with this clown show front office is like winning 12-13 in New England.

The Bengals front office artificially hamstrings the team’s chances of success via their miserly ways, threadbare front office full of nepotistic personnel, and antiquated business practices. But you can still root for the team, and not the owners. They’re not the Mike Brown Bengals, they’re the Cincinnati Bengals. That’s why fans support the team but loathe the ownership.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - t3r3e3 - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Not surprised Zac is back...very disappointed, but it was expected. 

Man, when you look at the history, not counting Zac or Shanahan, because they're both still active, there's been 18 coaches during the last 30 years that have had 6 or less wins in each of their 1st 2 seasons, and got brought back for a 3rd year. 

Only 5 had a winning season in year 3, but only one of those 5 ever had another winning season with that team...while 9 other coaches didn't make it through, or past, a 3rd season. 

Results of coaches that have started out as bad as Zac have been pretty definitive over the last 3 decades...it simply doesn't work.

Now, we're left hoping that Zac can defy the odds and buck that trend, while still trying to figure out how to be a head coach and working with an incompetent front office. Not trying to be negative, but at the same time, finding it very hard to be positive. 

Zac was back the minute they beat Pittsburgh. The Texans win was icing on the cake. Mike Brown is a stubborn old man, and will give the Zac dumpster fire 1-2 more years in the hopes he is proven right. Mike has fallen victim to the dead cat bounce in the past, and did so again. The injuries excuse is weak and tired, but so is the owner.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - fredtoast - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: For 30 years, yes. You are not a Bengals fan, the only constant is Mike Brown. You are a Mike Brown fan! Like everyone in here including me. What are the Bengals to you otherwise?

Uh, my hometown team that I rooted for before Mike ran them and that I will continue to root for when Mike Brown is gone.

How can you call Mike Brown a "constant" when I was rooting for the Bengals before he ran them?

This is one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen posted here, and that is saying a lot.

(01-04-2021, 04:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Come on dude its not the furnitures fault....

This is the steelers fault... They did it on purpose... They threw that game cause they knew this would happen... Whats 1 loss when you have the division compared to keeping a team helpless all next season....

I know, I'm better,

Going out to dinner instead of furniture shopping...

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 11:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: when he had burrow humming we won how many games? 

Under Zac Taylor, Joe Burrow won the same amount of games as Andy Dalton: Two! That’s bad coaching.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Bengal Dude - 01-04-2021

Well, I guess we should prepare for Taylor to be fired early next season and then them giving Simmons a shot at being the interim HC.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - SladeX - 01-05-2021

This is f***ing bull$#/÷.

RE: Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back) - Bengalholic - 01-05-2021

Just for kicks, this is from December, 1993...after Mike had given Dave Shula a 2 year extension after a 3-13 season:

'I think a coach can be a good coach even when a team doesn't post a good record. Sometimes, it isn't just the coach, it's how many players you have and how ready they are to play.'

'I think Dave will be able to produce a winning team with these players and some additional ones we'll get between now and next season.'

-Mike Brown

'We're going to make this team a winner and we're going to do it together. I think he has confidence in me, as I have confidence in his commitment to winning here in this town.'

'I think it sends a message to the players that we're going to be around here, our system will work and it will be just a matter of time until we get the results we know are going to happen.'

- Dave Shula

Sound vaguely familiar?  Sick