Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Statement from Mike Brown (Zac is back)
I think im going to throw up...

"Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago, and that is what we aimed to do in hiring a bright, energetic head coach in Zac Taylor. We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want. In Zac's two years, we have added many new starters and contributors through the draft, we have invested heavily in free agency, and we have acquired a talented young quarterback with a bright future.

"This season we faced challenges with injuries at key positions and missed opportunities. I am proud of our football team for fighting hard through adversity. That adversity and hard work will help us next season. We'll enter the offseason looking to shore up our weaknesses and amplify the strengths of our talented young core. We are not discouraged, but instead feel motivated and confident that next year will reap the benefits of the work that has been done to date. We must capitalize on the opportunities in front of us. Next year we will earn our stripes."

https://www.bengals.com/news/statement-from-bengals-president-mike-brown?fbclid=IwAR1XHXkuqf_QQN_cbxy5yQIdY0EsbpJ9ggBY1HAHMmMBSgkOCvub_civbxM
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'll keep posting here this upcoming season (Love you guys too much), but I'm not watching any games.

We already know how this is going to play out. Just delaying the inevitable and wasting everybody's time.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We all figured this was happening, but doesn't make it any less maddening when we officially see it happen. This franchise will never amount to much, when they can't even make the most basic common sense decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'll keep posting here this upcoming season (Love you guys too much), but I'm not watching any games.

We already know how this is going to play out.  Just delaying the inevitable and wasting everybody's time.

I'm in "Wait and see" mode. If/when the Bengals start doing well, I'll put in effort to watch them again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they fire Turner, and they invest in O line in FA as the rumor says, I think it'll be a do or die situation for Taylor in 2022. Burrow staying upright means there are no excuses anymore. The offense looked good at times when he could throw and you got to think Burrow going down, but also not wanting to disrupt continuity played a big part in this.
Reply/Quote
Is the front office stupid, cheap, lazy or a combination of all 3??
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised, but I'm DEEPLY disappointed.

Hopefully, we'll be able to rebuild with a competent coaching staff in 2022.
Reply/Quote
"We remain bullish on a head coach with 6 wins in 2 years. Could not possibly do better."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Worst part about this quote is that they essentially blame us.

“Our fans wanted this fresh start”

Basically slap us in the face for wanting better things for this franchise..
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think im going to throw up...

"Our fans wanted a fresh new direction two years ago, and that is what we aimed to do in hiring a bright, energetic head coach in Zac Taylor. We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want. In Zac's two years, we have added many new starters and contributors through the draft, we have invested heavily in free agency, and we have acquired a talented young quarterback with a bright future.

"This season we faced challenges with injuries at key positions and missed opportunities. I am proud of our football team for fighting hard through adversity. That adversity and hard work will help us next season. We'll enter the offseason looking to shore up our weaknesses and amplify the strengths of our talented young core. We are not discouraged, but instead feel motivated and confident that next year will reap the benefits of the work that has been done to date. We must capitalize on the opportunities in front of us. Next year we will earn our stripes."

https://www.bengals.com/news/statement-from-bengals-president-mike-brown?fbclid=IwAR1XHXkuqf_QQN_cbxy5yQIdY0EsbpJ9ggBY1HAHMmMBSgkOCvub_civbxM

are they going to make him use an OC and lose play calling duties that is the only way i can see him staying is if all he really does is do the pressers after the game  
Reply/Quote
No surprises there. Zac gets one more season to prove he can win.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: If they fire Turner, and they invest in O line in FA as the rumor says, I think it'll be a do or die situation for Taylor in 2022. Burrow staying upright means there are no excuses anymore. The offense looked good at times when he could throw and you got to think Burrow going down, but also not wanting to disrupt continuity played a big part in this.

need an OC a new DC  new DL coach

After what Zach has accomplished in 2 years im sure the line to work him him is about as long as his winning streak
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think im going to throw up...

Hard to argue with Mike Brown's statement.  I think we are going to like what happens this offseason.

I know lots of folks are discouraged after yesterday's dismal showing, but we were simply outclassed from a player personnel standpoint at most key positions.... you can call it outcoached if you want, but ZT didn't have many tools left in his toolbelt to use.  This years Ravens team is looking unbelievable... it'll be fun to watch them vs. KC when that happens.

I think when we see the OL get the attention it needs, we'll all feel a little better about the direction we're headed, which undoubtedly is UP UP UP
Reply/Quote
I love how he basically blames the fans as well...

Mike Brown just goes about things in the worst way possible. That statement is utterly ridiculous.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: need an OC a new DC  new DL coach

After what Zach has accomplished in 2 years im sure the line to work him him is about as long as his winning streak

I kind of mention the whole issue of finding someone better in the Lou thread. Position coaches are a little easier to find than coordinators, but I think DC will be a tough sell. OC I don't think changes as it is still really Taylor's show and when Burrow was humming it worked well later in the year. I think if there is commitment to finding better OL in FA then you could see a large improvement quickly there. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: need an OC a new DC  new DL coach

Problem with bringing in new coordinators is if they know if it's a flop a 3rd year they will be fired with Zac and have a blemish on their resume.

The FO is making a huge mistake with this one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:25 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue with Mike Brown's statement.  I think we are going to like what happens this offseason.

I know lots of folks are discouraged after yesterday's dismal showing, but we were simply outclassed from a player personnel standpoint at most key positions.... you can call it outcoached if you want, but ZT didn't have many tools left in his toolbelt to use.  This years Ravens team is looking unbelievable... it'll be fun to watch them vs. KC when that happens.

I think when we see the OL get the attention it needs, we'll all feel a little better about the direction we're headed, which undoubtedly is UP UP UP

it wasnt just yesterday it was about everything the last 2 years besides backups beating pitt.
Reply/Quote
Figured as much....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: I kind of mention the whole issue of finding someone better in the Lou thread. Position coaches are a little easier to find than coordinators, but I think DC will be a tough sell. OC I don't think changes as it is still really Taylor's show and when Burrow was humming it worked well later in the year. I think if there is commitment to finding better OL in FA then you could see a large improvement quickly there. 

when he had burrow humming we won how many games?  Zach will still be game planning and calling the plays that got burrow on IR to begin with.. 

We can blame the OL but if you know you OL is bad you dont make your rookie passer drop back 40+ times a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:21 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not surprised, but I'm DEEPLY disappointed.

Hopefully, we'll be able to rebuild with a competent coaching staff in 2022.

Me 2
Reply/Quote