Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:43 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Dalton makes his team worse just by showing up

Dude, I get people love to hate on Dalton, but the guy started off with 5 straight winning seasons (including his rookie year) and was in the MVP conversation one season.

He may not be as good as he once was, but there are certainly worse options around the league.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - AQIndianHill - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Dude, I get people love to hate on Dalton, but the guy started off with 5 straight winning seasons (including his rookie year) and was in the MVP conversation one season.

He may not be as good as he once was, but there are certainly worse options around the league.

Dude. The terrible bears went from 40:1 super bowl odds before dalton; to 50:1 when they signed him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/chicago-bears-super-bowl-odds-worse-signing-andy-dalton/amp

Lol!

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:54 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Dude.  The terrible bears went from 40:1 super bowl odds before dalton; to 50:1 when they signed him.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/chicago-bears-super-bowl-odds-worse-signing-andy-dalton/amp

Lol!

And they are still more likely to make the playoffs then this team...

so?

And how did this turn into another Dalton thread anyways? 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:54 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Dude.  The terrible bears went from 40:1 super bowl odds before dalton; to 50:1 when they signed him.  

Lol!

DUDE

WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS IS HOW IT IS LOL

It's a fact Dalton is an upgrade over Foles and Trubisky. People with brains know that.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - AQIndianHill - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: DUDE

It's a fact Dalton is an upgrade over Foles and Trubisky. People with brains know that.

Bookmakers are not the media, you moron. Lol

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Frank Booth - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:00 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Bookmakers are not the media, you moron. Lol

ah, very nice

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Joelist - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: DUDE

Hi Frank! I got a funny feeling this individual who only joined on the 26th is a new identity for someone recently banned...

(03-28-2021, 10:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ah, very nice

Wait. You’re the one who cited the media. So you’re admitting you’re clueless

(03-28-2021, 10:01 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Wait.  You’re the one who cited the media.  So you’re admitting you’re clueless

I want to know if you think Foles and Trubisky are better than Dalton?

I just wanna see where your football knowledge is at the moment

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:01 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Wait.  You’re the one who cited the media.  So you’re admitting you’re clueless

Troll....

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 05:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: How can you make that evaluation based on one game?

(03-28-2021, 06:28 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Because that looked like Dalton running for his life his last few years here when they weren't facing a Super Bowl team and they didn't address the O-line last year until the 6th round. The main difference is that Cincinnati didn't have a lot of long developing routes in their playbook because they usually knew that their line sucked from pre-season on.

I'm not one the guys that craps on Andy Reid in the post-season but I was kind of shocked that they had two weeks to adjust their playbook with two missing tackles and didn't adjust to shorter routes or quick release.

(03-28-2021, 09:33 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Last year Dalton was with the Cowboys.

In your zeal to attempt to prove me wrong, you conveniently leave out the key point in why I mentioned the o-line as being better than what Cincy has had . . . they averaged over 6 yards a carry in the Super Bowl.

How did Cincy do in any of the last few years in average yards per carry? Or are you solely focused on the passing game, thus your want of Chase or Pitts over Sewell? I'm the one that wanted to trade down twice in the first round last year to fix the o-line for Mixon and extend Dalton because I knew that a 1st overall QB was going to get pummeled behind this line. Burrow didn't win two games last year . . . he won one and Mixon won one. Running against Jacksonville is the complete opposite of running against a Super Bowl team. thus, why I want to still fix the o-line. Reiff isn't enough.

In '19, Dalton was tied for 20th out of 39 qualified QB's in Intended Air Yards.

BS.  As quoted above, when asked how you were able to make that evaluation, you went straight to pass protection with no mention  of the run game.  Now, you're trying to move the goalposts.  Even then, you're making a terrible argument.  The Bengals averaged 4.1 YPC in '20.  KC averaged 6.3 YPC in the SB, so 53.6% better.  Compare that to the Bengals being 114.9% better in pressures.  The Bengals are still better despite the fact that teams run more pass plays than run plays.

You wanted to pass on Burrow and reup Dalton?  Ok.  Thanks for confirming my suspicion.  Nobody is saying we shouldn't be trying to improve the OL, but there are a number of different ways to do that.  The draft isn't one round.  Not that any of this last paragraph has any bearing on you incorrectly "evaluating" that the KC SB OL is better than ours.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ignore him, otherwise you're gonna be beating a dead horse all night

Noted.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I want to know if you think Foles and Trubisky are better than Dalton?

Foles can be. But only coming off of the bench with no expectations on him going into the season. Otherwise he’s poop

(03-28-2021, 10:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I want to know if you think Foles and Trubisky are better than Dalton?

They all stink

But the bears are 20% worse, Based on Vegas, after signing dalton

Ouch

(03-28-2021, 10:23 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: They all stink

But the bears are 20% worse, Based on Vegas, after signing dalton

Ouch

didnt answer my question

Bears dropped because they lost some key pieces this offseason. Kyle Fuller, mainly.

Dont think that Dalton is 20% worse than Foles and Trubisky. Because if you honestly believe that, well... God bless

(03-28-2021, 10:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: didnt answer my question

Bears dropped because they lost some key pieces this offseason. Kyle Fuller, mainly.

Dont think that Dalton is 20% worse than Foles and Trubisky. Because if you honestly believe that, well... God bless

All 3 have identical 87 career passer ratings.

A turds a turd

(03-28-2021, 10:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: didnt answer my question

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/31081352/nfl-free-agency-chicago-bears-super-bowl-odds-fall-andy-dalton-signing%3Fplatform%3Damp

This had nothing to do with the bears losing other players. Keep making things up to fit your narrative

(03-28-2021, 10:29 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: All 3 have identical 87 career passer ratings.

A turds a turd

well 1 is a starter, and the other 2 are back ups

so there ya go. Perhaps you know more than the chicago bears

but hey, Im happy we have Burrow over Dalton

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:29 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: All 3 have identical 87 career passer ratings.

A turds a turd

Only a troll turd response....

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 09:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What Frank said...

It's either trolling at expert level or a non-fan hiding as a fan or some Brown relative.

I am curious of one thing. Why is everyone all in on Chase over the other two top WR's in this class?

Just a really curious question. 

People are against Sewell because he played against sub-par competition. Same competition Justin Herbert played against and he looked NFL ready.

People are against Sewell cause he opted out. So did Chase.

Chase had 300 yards his first season.

Then Joe Brady and Joe Burrow show up and he lights things up.

Then they both leave and he opts out. Think he might realize that his numbers were going to fall off dramatically without those two?

Look at who would coach him here. Zac Taylor. Does anyone think we'd see Joe Brady level offensive numbers here? I just think any offensive weapon will be under used or used incorrectly in this offense.

Firstly, a lot of top prospects opted out because they had more to lose than gain.  I don't hold it against any of them.

As far as the WR's go, Chase set SEC records as a sophomore and projections favor guys who were at an elite level at a younger age.  The Burrow connection is obvious, but we also incorporated elements from LSU's playbook into ours, meaning a smoother transition.  Waddle has injury concerns and has never produced at an elite level. Smith is a year older than Waddle and Chase and I also have concerns about him surviving with his slight frame in the AFCN.  I also look at what Justin Jefferson did this year vs Jeudy and Ruggs.

It would be about impossible for any NFL team to approach the offensive numbers LSU put up in '19.  Burrow put up almost 200 more yards and 5 more TD's than the NFL single season records in one fewer game.