Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow to the Hospital - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow to the Hospital (/Thread-Burrow-to-the-Hospital)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Go Cards - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 08:52 PM)pally Wrote: We actually don't know when he got the throat injury.  I saw a report that said it happened towards the end of the game.  Injured throats can absolutely be life-threatening.  There could be serious injuries to the trachea or esophagus that aren't immediately apparent.  
If he is lucky it is nothing more than a bruise but don't automatically assume that just because he walked off the field that he wasn't dealing with a potentially serious injury.
Throat injuries are ones you don't fool around with.  

The head first dive was silly and he must stop doing that or else learn a hard lesson that none of us want to see. 

But I thought it probably happened after his bonehead INT to start the overtime. Because he came in and impressively made an aggressive tackle  but I was immediately worried about him leading with his head and shoulder and thought he may have even hurt his shoulder on play. 

Showed a lot of heart making tackle after INT but really don't want to see him tackling in this aggressive manner.
Yet it very well may have saved a game winning TD. 

Even though I made no jokes, don't think anyone was joking about injury but was correlating it with some play on the field. 

Agree with others that it should be saved until after we know the severity of it. 

Get well soon Joe, we need you brother. 

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - reuben.ahmed - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks were making fun of Randy before he hobbled off the field. They should have practiced common decency. 

They shouldn't have practiced common decency. They should have stopped being drama queens! 

Although I was probably also there, making fun of him. I mean he did mention the other leg was the one he injured, didn't he? lol

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Nicomo Cosca - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 09:40 PM)pally Wrote: weird....a Browns linebacker is on his way to the hospital with a throat contusion. 2 in one year is unusual...2 in one day is crazy

And for the record...I am all for joking but simply find it inappropriate to joke when the player is literally in the emergency room. Jokes come after we know how he is not because we assume it is not serious

Literally all I was saying. I didn’t realize I’d get posts dug up from 2 year old GDT’s to be thrown in my face. A post that was not my finest moment, I’ll admit, but it also wasn’t a joke. It was a pissy little rant in the heat of the moment in a GDT. Over a muscle pull. But man, did Leonard’s Leap have that one in his back pocket ready and waiting…

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - TheLeonardLeap - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I must have missed Bullock being taken to the hospital. He faked a muscle pull. Kind of a big difference.

Anyway, your Fat Randy love continues to amuse me. Talk about a weird hill to die on.

Cool story, Nicomo, it has nothing to do with Randy Bullock and everything to do with you. Keep on trying to take that high ground while calling people "classless" "bipolar drama queens" for doing the exact same shit you do. Have a good night.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Nately120 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I should have practiced common decency and concerned myself with your emotional well being.

Oh it's decency, but alas...this thread shows that it is anything but common.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Au165 - 10-10-2021

In a weird turn of events the rookie LB from Cleveland was also taken to the hospital for the same injury. I’ve watched football for decades and never seen this happen and two on the same day. What a weird day across the league as a whole.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Tony - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:26 PM)Destro Wrote: With the Bengals and the injury history, if they had diagnosed me with athlete's foot, I'd go to the hospital.

Dude, you got me all choking on my drink over here , hahahahahah

Maybe it's time to turn a new page and let's stop attacking each other, but dissecting people's opinions instead lol

(10-10-2021, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cool story, Nicomo, it has nothing to do with Randy Bullock and everything to do with you. Keep on trying to take that high ground while calling people "classless" "bipolar drama queens" for doing the exact same shit you do. Have a good night.

I never joked about an injury though. But well done anyway. I’ll give you half a “gotcha” on that one. I definitely wasn’t concerned about Randy’s muscle pull at that moment.

(10-10-2021, 10:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe it's time to turn a new page and let's stop attacking each other, but dissecting people's opinions instead lol

Imagine if everyone had the same opinion and got along perfectly.  What a weird world that would be... The problem is people trying to force their opinions as fact ,when you can never know who's really right....

(10-10-2021, 10:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Imagine if everyone had the same opinion and got along perfectly.  What a weird world that would be... 

I'm pretty sure that's what most Americans picture the eternal bliss of the afterlife to be like.

(10-10-2021, 10:21 PM)Tony Wrote: But, what if it was serious and Randy lost a big toe or something?  He probably got looked at too. Did you wait until you knew he wasn't hurt to post that?

Big problem, those toe amputations for NFL kickers. Definitely NOT a joking matter!

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - Frank Booth - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never joked about an injury though. But well done anyway. I’ll give you half a “gotcha” on that one. I definitely wasn’t concerned about Randy’s muscle pull at that moment.

git dunked on

(10-10-2021, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never joked about an injury though. But well done anyway. I’ll give you half a “gotcha” on that one. I definitely wasn’t concerned about Randy’s muscle pull at that moment.

We all want Joe to be our QB next week... Their isn't 1 person here who doesn't want that... Why do people try to twist stuff into something it's not?

(10-10-2021, 10:43 PM)Tony Wrote: We all want Joe to be our QB next week... Their isn't 1 person here who doesn't want that... Why do people try to twist stuff into something it's not?

He could be the first NFL QB who talks through one of those electric voice things.  They could even broadcast it over the PA system.

RE: Burrow to the Hospital - bfine32 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Big problem, those toe amputations for NFL kickers. Definitely NOT a joking matter!

I'm sure we're all hoping they don't have to amputate Joe's throat 

(10-10-2021, 10:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's what most Americans picture the eternal bliss of the afterlife to be like.

I know one thing, it's never happening on Earth... You just gotta take someone's opinion for what it is, their opinion.. Everyone sees things differently.. The only hope is maybe we all learn to respect each other's opinions..

(10-10-2021, 10:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: git dunked on

Yep. I was totally insensitive that time our kicker faked a muscle pull and grabbed the wrong leg…

I’m ashamed. Btw the ignore function sucks here. I took you off ignore because I get notifications every time you quote me (which boy you do a lot), and I can see all your posts that others quote. Sure would be nice if we could make people totally invisible.

(10-10-2021, 10:46 PM)Tony Wrote: The only hope is maybe we all learn to respect each other's opinions..

So like, everyone gets a participation trophy just for having an idea?  Interesting.  I'd have so many of those things.

(10-10-2021, 10:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Imagine if everyone had the same opinion and got along perfectly.  What a weird world that would be... The problem is people trying to force their opinions as fact ,when you can never know who's really right....

I mean, none of us are right, lol. We can argue with all the statistics we want, but we can't predict the future. We can just see how other successful people/sports teams "win" and make guesses. In the end, I think we have very little control on the success of this team lol. All we can do is go to a game and yell, at the right time.