Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks (/Thread-Super-Bowl-LVI-Halftime-Show-Stinks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 02-09-2022

The beginning of the end for good music was the CD era. Instead of artists having to come up with 25-35 minutes of material every year, the labels were now asking for 65-70 minutes of music every two or three years which quickly led to every four or five years.

Whether you were a Kiss fan or not, in the vinyl era, you had a new album for your Freshman year, one for your Sophomore year, another for your Junior year and yet another for your Senior year. I didn't hang around the same kids in my Freshman year that I hung around with in my Senior year and hearing some of those songs on the radio from those years reminds of some of those friends that I only knew for a short time.

In the vinyl era, with albums coming out every year, the artists grew and you grew. Sometimes a band you had no interest in early in their career evolves into a path that intersects with yours. Sometimes a band you really connected with early in their career moves away from the direction you're heading. SOMETIMES a band that you connect with from the start, puts out kick ass album after kick ass album. I remember waiting for Metallica's Master Of Puppets and after putting that album on the turntable . . . it completely changed the rest of the 80's for me. The only non-Thrash Metal album that I bought from mid 86 through early '92 was Scorpions Savage Amusement in 1988.

In the CD era, If an already popular band put out an album in a kids high school Freshmen year, he'd be lucky if they put out their next album his Sophomore year in college. He's changed as a person, the band has changed and the entire music scene has changed. There's no connection with a band or artist like there was from the 80s on back and the CD era is what ended it.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Bengalpool - 02-09-2022

To each their own. Not everyone is going to be pleased. I for one am ecstatic. I've been hyped about this halftime show for the first time ever. I've been excited since they announced it, way before the Bengals got close to the post-season. To me, it couldn't get much better.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Bengalitis - 02-09-2022

I want a full symphony for the next half time show.... A FULL SYMPHONY!!!!!!

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 12:50 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Angel's Son is a great tune by Sevendust no doubt Truck. I loved a song and vid from them back in the day, I think was called Alive.

Not sure right now though will have to look it up, been awhile. Sevendust's drummer is a good screamer lol

Love their lead singer though, Willis I think his name is?

Lajon… Witherspoon, I think his name is? That's what's coming to me lol

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 11:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lajon… Witherspoon, I think his name is? That's what's coming to me lol

Witherspoon, that makes sense. Great singer.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 10:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I want a full symphony for the next half time show.... A FULL SYMPHONY!!!!!!

S&M

Symphony and Metallica sounds great to me.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Joelist - 02-09-2022

Let’s have a duet! Celine Dion and Insane Clown Posse!

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - XenoMorph - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: S&M

have you listened to S&M 2?

(02-09-2022, 02:02 AM)Tony Wrote: Same here man... Seems like we agree on a lot . Weird for this place lol. Funny story, I went to Mayhem fest in 2011, after Megadeth was done I dipped before Godsmack came on lol.. I wasn't sitting through them to see disturbed even....

Wow, that sounds like a badazz lineup to me. Love Dave Mustaine and Megadeth, one of my fave songs by them is Trust.

Also love David Draiman and Disturbed. Staind is another band I always loved as well.

I can see why you don't like Godsmack though, a lot of their songs just sound alike.

(02-09-2022, 03:58 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Speak for yourself. I'm a huge rap fan especially 90s and early 2000's. I'm from California so snoop, dre and tupac were my favorites and I was born in Detroit so I'm a huge Eminem fan. For once I will be excited for a halftime show, about time they got some good music in it. Hope they keep it that way.

My team in the SB with probably going to be the best halftime show. I'm super excited.

Always liked Tupac, great voice for a rapper. His own style. RIP

(02-09-2022, 04:02 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: It's your age lol.. but it's just the times you grew up in. I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s so snoop, dre, Mary J was some of my favorites growing up.

Now I'm 38 so I don't like much of today's rap so I'm considered old school as well in a way. Lol

I am 39 so we grew up in the same time. I used to like some rap but preferred Alt Metal and Classic Rock my whole life.

One thing is for sure, this lineup of rappers to me is better than pretty much everything they have been putting on the SB 
Halftime lately. Not a rap fan as I said but I absolutely hate mainstream popular music.

(02-09-2022, 02:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let’s have a duet! Celine Dion and Insane Clown Posse!

Haha, I went to an ICP concert when I was in High School. It was a blast!

Lots of swearing but they just made me laugh, I have quite a few ICP shirts lol

(02-09-2022, 02:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have you listened to S&M 2?

No, I haven't. Loved the first one, No Leaf Clover is epic. Rock On

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - guyofthetiger - 02-09-2022

Saw where the Who is returning to Cincinnati. This would have been dynomite to see the Who for a halftime show. They could have destroyed their instruments like usual. lol

Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - The D.O.Z. - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: S&M

Dimmu Borgir live in Oslo > S&M

At least in MY opinion

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - MileHighGrowler - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 06:23 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Dimmu Borgir live in Oslo > S&M

At least in MY opinion

Maybe they can duet with Barry Manilow 

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - XenoMorph - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 06:15 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Saw where the Who is returning to Cincinnati. This would have been dynomite to see the Who for a halftime show. They could have destroyed their instruments like usual. lol

Rammstein's Pyro Display would be cool... but doubt they will ever be an option lol...

The Who would be amazing as they are connected to the City forever although in a sad way.

But Metallica and Cartoon Metallica (Dethklok) would be a great combo somewhere.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Johnny Cupcakes - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 06:15 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Saw where the Who is returning to Cincinnati. This would have been dynomite to see the Who for a halftime show. They could have destroyed their instruments like usual. lol

The members of The Who are older than my grandparents.

Although they’re a legendary band that made some great music, they’re well beyond the target demographic here.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - BengalYankee - 02-09-2022

R. Kelly

Lalala

(02-09-2022, 06:23 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Dimmu Borgir live in Oslo > S&M

At least in MY opinion

Never heard of 'em.

Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - The D.O.Z. - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never heard of 'em.

Eh, its Norwegian “black” metal…which admittedly isn’t for some, but they go hard over there for their metal acts. Not sure on exactly how-many-piece orchestra they did the show with, but you can find it on YouTube and its pretty impressive.

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - Tony - 02-10-2022

(02-09-2022, 08:38 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Eh, its Norwegian “black” metal…which admittedly isn’t for some, but they go hard over there for their metal acts. Not sure on exactly how-many-piece orchestra they did the show with, but you can find it on YouTube and its pretty impressive.

U like goatwhore, Venom, Bathory and mayhem too? Metal ***** rules..

RE: Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks - BengalB - 02-10-2022

(02-05-2022, 11:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Bengals are finally in a Super Bowl and the halftime show looks bad. I hate rap and will not be watching it. We need a better group.

It may not be your preferred music type but tbh I am hyped for it. Eminem, Dre and Snoop?

It should be much better than it has been in a long time.