Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Players are turning on Zac finally - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Players are turning on Zac finally (/Thread-Players-are-turning-on-Zac-finally)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - PhilHos - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 01:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Oh and I think he is foolishly enamored with analytics like many fans seem to be as well.

Yet despite my gripes, I do believe he is a good HC and may become a great one one day.

But the book is still being written and only time will unveil the truth.

I'm right there with you. I think he becomes a great HC when he finally gets a good-to-great OC. ThumbsUp

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - PhilHos - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 10:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's responses like this that let people understand you're irrational when it comes to discussing the HC.

Irrational Person: "I hate Zac because he never admits he's wrong"

Rational response: "Here's a recent example of Zac taking the blame, which he does quite often"

Irrational person: "LOL, that's worse"

Even you can see how that stance is irrational. 

I think you might be giving him too much credit there. Smirk

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - kalibengal - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The worst part is they don't seem to learn from mistakes. Tampa 2 has been around for decades. It's not that hard to attack.

BINGO!  how come other teams can figure this out for their stars? Tyreek Hill consistently was getting touches in KC , Adams in GB etc...
Coaches are to blame for most of this issue. To hear Burrow say what he said, its almost comical and if im a coach on this team hearing that from the QB who took us to a SB last yr Id be embarrassed.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - higgy100 - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 10:42 AM)kalibengal Wrote: BINGO!  how come other teams can figure this out for their stars? Tyreek Hill consistently was getting touches in KC , Adams in GB etc...
Coaches are to blame for most of this issue. To hear Burrow say what he said, its almost comical and if im a coach on this team hearing that from the QB who took us to a SB last yr Id be embarrassed.

Bad comparison as Hill got plenty of additional touches because A) Mahomes breaks contain damn near every down he throws and buys time and B) he's also the fastest WR in the league. So many of his completions are splitting the pass rush, extending, avoiding sacks, etc. Rogers is a top 5 QB all time with the best arm in the NFL for years. JB can't,never has nor ever will be able to make the howitzer throws that Rogers has made.

Burrow isn't either of those guys so to think the same success is coming is crazy. Game plan from the 2nd quarter on was fine against the Ravens. Lots of underneath stuff, run game good, a couple screens, etc.You lost your #1 deep threat in Higgins, Joe B throws just a terrible pick near midfield after stopping the Ravens on downs and ZT goes clueless from the 2 yard line.

Yes, the slow starts are mind-numbing and HAVE to be worked out but Sunday's game was for the taking.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 11:13 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Bad comparison as Hill got plenty of additional touches because A) Mahomes breaks contain damn near every down he throws and buys time and B) he's also the fastest WR in the league. So many of his completions are splitting the pass rush, extending, avoiding sacks, etc. Rogers is a top 5 QB all time with the best arm in the NFL for years. JB can't,never has nor ever will be able to make the howitzer throws that Rogers has made.

Burrow isn't either of those guys so to think the same success is coming is crazy. Game plan from the 2nd quarter on was fine against the Ravens. Lots of underneath stuff, run game good, a couple screens, etc.You lost your #1 deep threat in Higgins, Joe B throws just a terrible pick near midfield after stopping the Ravens on downs and ZT goes clueless from the 2 yard line.

Yes, the slow starts are mind-numbing and HAVE to be worked out but Sunday's game was for the taking.

We'll have none of those rational takes and critiques in here mister.....what are you, a communist? Ninja

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Go Cards - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know Chase has shown some frustration with the snatching of mouthpieces and all, but this is what a coach losing control of his locker room really looks like…

Believe Chase's frustrations stem from the defenses taking his big plays away mostly. 

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - ochocincos - 10-11-2022

(10-10-2022, 10:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The worst part is they don't seem to learn from mistakes. Tampa 2 has been around for decades. It's not that hard to attack.

It's easy to think it's because they aren't being creative enough, but we seem them try to get "too cute" at times (like being 1st and goal at the 2 and unable to punch it in on 4 attempts).
They seem to often try to outsmart the defense too much.

So I think it's really that Taylor and Callahan just do not know how to properly attack a Cover 2.
They try to get creative at times, but that creativity doesn't really work.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Soonerpeace - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's easy to think it's because they aren't being creative enough, but we seem them try to get "too cute" at times (like being 1st and goal at the 2 and unable to punch it in on 4 attempts).

So I think it's really that Taylor and Callahan just do not know how to properly attack a Cover 2.

Burrow hates the remedy of methodical short passes and the run game that forces them out of it. Start there. The Cover 2 and Tampa 2 have been around forever. The Cover 2 is awful if the QB has time to throw. But teams are playing it because it’s the perfect defense against us. Because we can’t protect or run

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - THE PISTONS - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's easy to think it's because they aren't being creative enough, but we seem them try to get "too cute" at times (like being 1st and goal at the 2 and unable to punch it in on 4 attempts).

Yep. And we'll have something work...and they go away with it.

Like the run game was working. Mixon and Perine didn't get enough carries.

But, in games where Mixon is running into a brick wall...they'll keep feeding him carries.

It goes back to Taylor not being an intuitive play-caller. He doesn't have a feel for what to call when...and I doubt that comes at this point.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - rfaulk34 - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And we'll have something work...and they go away with it.

But, in games where Mixon is running into a brick wall...they'll keep feeding him carries.

It goes back to Taylor not being an intuitive play-caller. He doesn't have a feel for what to call when...and I doubt that comes at this point.

That's always been my gripe and something that continues to become more and more pronounced. 

(10-11-2022, 12:32 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Burrow hates the remedy of methodical short passes and the run game that forces them out of it. Start there. The Cover 2 and Tampa 2 have been around forever. The Cover 2 is awful if the QB has time to throw. But teams are playing it because it’s the perfect defense against us. Because we can’t protect or run

Well sorry Joe, but you gotta adjust to what the defense is giving you.
It may be more fun to do 20+ yard passes, but sometimes ya gotta dink and dunk, at least until the opponent stops covering deep.

(10-11-2022, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And we'll have something work...and they go away with it.

I agree.
This is Taylor's 4th season, and the playcalling is still basically the same.

The difference last year was the teams not thinking Burrow could sling it deep that well, and also not really knowing Chase would beat them so much deep.
Now they've adjusted and the Bengals haven't yet.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Tony - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: We'll have none of those rational takes and critiques in here mister.....what are you, a communist? Ninja

Their favorite word is chicken little lol... God forbid we don't completely homer lol

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - rfaulk34 - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 01:08 PM)Tony Wrote: Their favorite word is chicken little lol... God forbid we don't completely homer lol

"completely homer" or "chicken little". Ever heard of all that ground in the middle, where the truth is usually found? 

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Tony - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 01:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "completely homer" or "chicken little". Ever heard of all that ground in the middle, where the truth is usually found? 

Ya, I can agree with that

(10-11-2022, 12:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well sorry Joe, but you gotta adjust to what the defense is giving you.
It may be more fun to do 20+ yard passes, but sometimes ya gotta dink and dunk, at least until the opponent stops covering deep.

We gotta get the run game going more than anything to make the safeties come up. That, and actually block when they only bring 4. They looked better Sunday at both. 

(10-11-2022, 12:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's always been my gripe and something that continues to become more and more pronounced. 

Yessir. There's a lot to like about the job Taylor has done to get this team back to winning.....but this aspect needs a lot of work. Being fair, there are those times he calls a good play, and the execution is shit.  There are also times a complete surprise catches everyone and it's a good call, a ballsy call (see Ja'Marr Chase sweep on 4th and 1 against Vegas in the playoffs) and then they go back to the well and too often (see Ja'Marr Chase sweep on 4th and 1 against Miami, lol). Then there's the Philly special calls....where you're just...."what?". 

I'll tell you this though, and my brother and I talk about this every Saturday and Sunday, OCs seem to be way overthinking things a lot these days. It's not just us, and it's not even just the pros.

(10-11-2022, 12:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's always been my gripe and something that continues to become more and more pronounced. 

....and another thing, I think their strategy for calling plays is way too complicated/cumbersome. 

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - RunKijanaRun - 10-11-2022

I have been screaming this since last year, even during the playoffs and got a reception similar to Salman Rushdie at a dinner party in Iran.

He’s got to designate an OC with play calling duties.

That we struggle like we do offensively is inexcusable. This needs to be fixed now.

RE: Players are turning on Zac finally - Go Cards - 10-11-2022

(10-11-2022, 02:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: We gotta get the run game going more than anything to make the safeties come up. That, and actually block when they only bring 4. They looked better Sunday at both. 

Pipe down, I said this all off season only two hear analytics does not support a good run game helping the passing game out 
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

No, bringing the safeties up to help stop the run absolutely helps.