Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Legal tampering period - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Legal tampering period (/Thread-Legal-tampering-period)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Legal tampering period - phil413 - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 05:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bates deal is 4yr/$64M. He is getting $23M year 1 and $36M by year 2.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/03/falcons-to-sign-s-jessie-bates

Could project to a 3rd or 4th comp pick, Bell could be a 4th or 5th depending on the numbers.  I want ring chasers, but if they go the comp pick route please remember that opens the door for trading picks for vets. So no reason to panic if the safety or RT options start to dwindle.

RE: Legal tampering period - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-13-2023

No way I pay Bates $16 mil a year. He's good, but not THAT good.

I hope that statement does not turn out to be wrong. Hill is gonna get his chance.

Losing Bell was a shocker to me.

RE: Legal tampering period - Luvnit2 - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 05:47 PM)phil413 Wrote: Could project to a 3rd or 4th comp pick, Bell could be a 4th or 5th depending on the numbers.  I want ring chasers, but if they go the comp pick route please remember that opens the door for trading picks for vets. So no reason to panic if the safety or RT options start to dwindle.

It depends on other teams, but teams making big moves like SF with Hargrave will offset Comp. pick with Garrapalo (spelling)

Well, looks like Hurst, Apple, & Perine are the next guys up. Plus some help at safety.

RE: Legal tampering period - QueenCity - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 05:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: $16 mill APY isn't crazy if you think he's one of the top-end FS in the league.
There are other safeties out there, but one can argue the safety position will now be a downgrade after losing both Bates AND Bell.

(03-13-2023, 05:46 PM)Synric Wrote: I still believe they should have paid him the 14m per year a couple years ago with when he was 1 year left on his rookie deal to spread out the hit.

(03-13-2023, 05:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Easy yes! That's what other elite Safties get paid. Dukes dumb for not matching that deal!

More power to you three.... but I rather have Tee Higgins than Bates. Our $$$ is tied up in our offense.

I think we can find a serviceable safety to replace his production + hope our recent draft picks continue to hit.

RE: Legal tampering period - cinci4life - 03-13-2023

49ers replaced Garoppolo with Sam Darnold.

RE: Legal tampering period - ochocincos - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 06:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: More power to you three.... but I rather have Tee Higgins than Bates.   Our $$$ is tied up in our offense.

I think we can find a serviceable safety to replace his production + hope our recent draft picks continue to hit.

I don't really have hopes for Wilson or Anderson.
Wilson's had his chances here and hasn't been able to earn playing time.
I have a hard time depending on a 5th rounder (Anderson) unless/until I've seen him play a good amount.

With that said, I do think Michael Thomas might be ok?
There are some younger guys who have had some proven production like Taylor Rapp, Juan Thornhill, and Julian Love.
Bengals might be able to nab one of them.
I dunno if any of the available guys or even a draft pick would give as much confidence as Bates or Bell though, but that's what we'll have to deal with.

RE: Legal tampering period - J24 - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 06:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: More power to you three.... but I rather have Tee Higgins than Bates.   Our $$$ is tied up in our offense.

They are not going to resign Higgins. I can't believe people are falling for Dukes crap on this. Tee is going to get a 100 million dollar contract for 50 + in guarantees. 

(03-13-2023, 06:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't really have hopes for Wilson or Anderson.
I have a hard time depending on a 5th rounder (Anderson) unless/until I've seen him play a good amount.

There are some younger guys who have had some proven production like Taylor Rapp, Juan Thornhill, and Julian Love.
I dunno if any of the available guys or even a draft pick would give as much confidence as Bates or Bell though, but that's what we'll have to deal with.

I think they are going to sign a safety to start... just give it time There's a few out there that will be good. 

Highly doubt they will go with Anderson or Wilson to start. 

(03-13-2023, 06:29 PM)J24 Wrote: They are not going to resign Higgins. I can't believe people are falling for Dukes crap on this. Tee is going to get a 100 million dollar contract for 50 + in guarantees. 

Think you are going to be mistaken. Just my 2 cents. 

We can visit this later on but I really do think they resign Higgins. 

RE: Legal tampering period - Synric - 03-13-2023

Damn Fake Adam Schefter twitter account hit my news with a Tee trade. It actually sent me a notification lol.

(03-13-2023, 06:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't really have hopes for Wilson or Anderson.

I am gonna disagree on Anderson. I mean, I would not want to depend on him, but we traded up to get him and he is VERY athletic. He ran 4.36 last year. He is gonna be raw. But I think there is some good material there. 

RE: Legal tampering period - Au165 - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 06:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Damn Fake Adam Schefter twitter account hit my news with a Tee trade. It actually sent me a notification lol.

Damn you were even following the fake adam schefter!

Well, pumped for Pratt & bummed about Bell. Bates was expected. Needle does not move there. Though both guys going to the NFC South makes it sting less.

We still have a lot of cap space and only 2 holes in our starting lineup. TE and safety. Not saying there could not be upgrades (punter, CB, LG, RT), but we have proven starter level guys on the roster everywhere save TE & S. And a round 1 pick from last year at S In Hill. Lou must feel pretty good about him.

And we are trending towards sime comp picks in 2024, but that is little consolation now.

I know the day is still young but would have loved to see the Bengals make a move.

Lots of refreshing!

Dolphins are winning the off-season pending they can keep Tua healthy.

RE: Legal tampering period - pulses - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 07:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I know the day is still young but would have loved to see the Bengals make a move.

Lots of refreshing!

I hope we sign a safety today and possibly another CB.

RE: Legal tampering period - 007BengalsFan - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 07:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We still have a lot of cap space and only 2 holes in our starting lineup. TE and safety. Not saying there could not be upgrades (punter, CB, LG, RT), but we have proven starter level guys on the roster everywhere save TE & S...

Who is your starting RT?   Collins is injured, had his surgery in January and wont be back for awhile.  That leaves Adeniji as your starter?

and at LT you are going with the guy who has been top 5 the last two years in sacks allowed who has finished just 1 of his 4 season without being injured?

RE: Legal tampering period - WeezyBengal - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 06:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Think you are going to be mistaken. Just my 2 cents. 

We can visit this later on but I really do think they resign Higgins. 

Theyd be really dumb to resign Higgins especially if they resign chase. 

RE: Legal tampering period - pulses - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 08:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Who is your starting RT?   Collins is injured, had his surgery in January and wont be back for awhile.  That leaves Adeniji as your starter?

and at LT you are going with the guy who has been top 5 the last two years in sacks allowed who has finished just 1 of his 4 season without being injured?

Jawaan Taylor got 20m a year (the chiefs clearly overpaid) and McGlinchey got 17.5 ( and he's not that good) so the Bengals have been smart and not just throwing money around and overpaying for guys.