Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Legal tampering period
(03-13-2023, 05:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bears sign G Nate Davis and LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Edmunds deal is 4yr/$72M with $50M guaranteed.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Pratt back and Vonn Bell gone... I think every Bengals fan expected the exact opposite.

I thought they'd both be back, though I was far more confident about Bell. 
Reply/Quote
My joy about Pratt being back did not last long.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Edmunds deal is 4yr/$72M with $50M guaranteed.

Man compared to what we got Pratt for this is an awful deal. He is young and has a name, but his play isn't THAT much better than Pratt. They could have kept a better player in Roquan for similar money.
Reply/Quote
Bates officially to ATL
Reply/Quote
This is the FA I remember from years past.
Initial day(s) just involving internal Bengal FAs.
Outside guys not happening until the dust settles a bit and the non-studs start getting more affordable.

Mainly I want to find out what's happening with Bates, Hurst, and even Apple and Perine.
Probably won't hear anything on the latter two until later in the week, I'm guessing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bates to Falcons.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:33 PM)phil413 Wrote: Bates officially to ATL

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:
Rapaport said it live as a tweet was coming to him, Shefter says it's 4yr/64M.  Could be a 3rd rd comp pick or at least a 4th.
Reply/Quote
Bates & Bell gone. It's time for Dax Hill to get on the field and contribute to defensive success.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:33 PM)phil413 Wrote: Bates officially to ATL

This is the nightmare for some people.

Bengals unable to get deals done with their FAs and now seeing both of their starting safeties departing.

Hopefully Hill learned a lot his rookie year and they can find a guy to play next to him.
I can't imagine that player will be a draft pick since that's too much inexperience in the middle, but maybe I'm wrong.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bates deal is 4yr/$64M. He is getting $23M year 1 and $36M by year 2.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/03/falcons-to-sign-s-jessie-bates
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bates & Bell gone. It's time for Dax Hill to get on the field and contribute to defensive success.

We have lost 2 and gained none. We will benefit with compensatory pick(s) in 2024.

Hill is Bell replacement. Bates replacement is not on the roster yet in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is the nightmare for some people.

Bengals unable to get deals done with their FAs and now seeing both of their starting safeties departing.

Hopefully Hill learned a lot his rookie year and they can find a guy to play next to him.
I can't imagine that player will be a draft pick since that's too much inexperience in the middle, but maybe I'm wrong.

Would you of paid that contract for Bates? I wouldn't of.... it sucks but Falcons must have a ton of cap room to blow it on a safety. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have lost 2 and gained none. We will benefit with compensatory pick(s) in 2024.

Hill is Bell replacement. Bates replacement is not on the roster yet in my opinion.

I agree. I think they sign a mid/high tier safety to replace Bates. Someone whos contract is between what Bell and Bates got. Someone better than Bell but not as good as Bates.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Would you of paid that contract for Bates? I wouldn't of.... it sucks but Falcons must have a ton of cap room to blow it on a safety. 

$16 mill APY isn't crazy if you think he's one of the top-end FS in the league.
There are other safeties out there, but one can argue the safety position will now be a downgrade after losing both Bates AND Bell.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So pissed, we signed a 2down LB and lost the best Safety duo in the league. Patrick Mahomes is over the moon.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Would you of paid that contract for Bates? I wouldn't of.... it sucks but Falcons must have a ton of cap room to blow it on a safety. 

I still believe they should have paid him the 14m per year a couple years ago with when he was 1 year left on his rookie deal to spread out the hit.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Peterson to the Steelers.

Reply/Quote

Easy yes! That's what other elite Safties get paid. Dukes dumb for not matching that deal!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote