Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Legal tampering period
(03-22-2023, 05:51 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Jets trade WR Moore and a 3rd to Cleveland for pick number #42.

Jets now have 13, 42, & 43. Getting picks for a Rodgers deal, no doubt.

But I can dream of 42 or 43 for Jonah, right?

That's a solid dream. I believe the Steelers and Jets both made plays to sign Brown. Now that he's on the Bengals they might go to a second tier of options including Jonah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 09:13 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's a solid dream. I believe the Steelers and Jets both made plays to sign Brown. Now that he's on the Bengals they might go to a second tier of options including Jonah.

Yes, Jonah could be the fall back for both teams, but get the best trade possible should be the way to go.

I think we will wait until teams become more desperate.
Reply/Quote
Holes: TE1, RB2, TE2, CB4, OG4, QB2.

Upgrades: DE5 (Gunter), DT/NT depth (Tufele, Carter, Tupou), CB5 (George), WR depth (Irwin, Morgan, Taylor), punter, C2 (T. Hill), TE3 (Asiasi).

That is 13 spots if we do 1 at each.

There are certainly internal options at TE3/T2 (Sample, Wilcox, Carter) and CB4/5 (Apple/Flowers) and QB2 (Allen).

And we may not upgrade some spots (C2).

Draft seems best bet for TE1, RB2, and TE2.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else besides me think that the whole Aaron Rodgers to the Jets thing is really just another dumpster fire waiting to happen?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else besides me think that the whole Aaron Rodgers to the Jets thing is really just another dumpster fire waiting to happen?

I would love for it to turn into a dumpster fire and provide some pre-draft chaos, but I imagine the deal will be done in a week or two.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/dallas-cowboys-cooper-rush-quarterback-free-agency-cincinnati-bengals-las-vegas-raiders-sign

Apparently the Bengals were looking into signing Cooper Rush to be the new backup.

Gives me hope that they're looking into a better option than Brandon Allen. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:49 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/dallas-cowboys-cooper-rush-quarterback-free-agency-cincinnati-bengals-las-vegas-raiders-sign

Apparently the Bengals were looking into signing Cooper Rush to be the new backup.

This is interesting.  Not sure if they're just open to any type of backup, but either way Allen isn't signed yet.  Trevor Siemion is a pretty descent game manager that should come cheap.  Wentz is the biggest name, and didn't sign as a bridge QB, maybe he becomes affordable. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 05:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else besides me think that the whole Aaron Rodgers to the Jets thing is really just another dumpster fire waiting to happen?

Where would the Jets pivot? Would they make an offer to Jackson?  Also, if the Ravens were only taking two 1sts wouldn't it make sense to trade down to one of the last picks in the 1st (keeping the incoming picks) and then sign him? Worst case they come back to the Packers or another team.  I don't think they go this deep on Rodgers without a contingency plan....a lot of guaranteed money for the Jackson gamble. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 01:49 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/dallas-cowboys-cooper-rush-quarterback-free-agency-cincinnati-bengals-las-vegas-raiders-sign

This is encouraging. QB2 needs upgraded. 
Reply/Quote
I would much rather have Rush than Allen. I dont blame Rush for re-signing with the Cowboys. He has a much better chance of being the starter in Dallas. If Dak struggles again, Rush could get the nod. He would never have that chance in Cincinnati.

and no to Wentz. Dude chokes everywhere he goes.
Reply/Quote

Yes, I like that they looked into signing Rush. That would be a major upgrade over Allen. Good sign anyways.
Reply/Quote
We are hosting visits for DE Tarell Basham & DT Kentavius Street.

Vet min-ish depth guys with some exprerience.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We are hosting visits for DE Tarell Basham & DT Kentavius Street.

I know Calais Campbell will be 37 when the season starts but he is still much better and playing at a higher level than either of those 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I know Calais Campbell will be 37 when the season starts but he is still much better and playing at a higher level than either of those 2.

Yeah. Most definitely. I had the same thought with Marcedes Lewis at TE. Or a vet DE or CB. But Campbell is not likely to sign for less than $2 mil a year (likely under $1.5 mil) that those two will. 

We are virtually allergic to paying reserves over $2 mil. When it does happen, it is usually a rookie scale contract (Hill last year, Carman this) or a last minute use of cap space (Scharping last year). 

When the dust settles after the draft & the Jonah/Mixon/Collins situations resolve & Burrow's extension is done, perhaps we circle back and add a vet later. But I think we prefer younger, faster, and cheaper. 
Reply/Quote
FWIW, Insider on Cincy Jungle say nothing imminent, but ongoing open communications with guys at QB, RB, DL, & CB. Someof whom are our own guys (I would guess Apple, Allen, & Flowers).

No more mention of TE. Bad news for Carter, Wilcox, & Sample or perhaps just in the back burner for now.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 10:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We are hosting visits for DE Tarell Basham & DT Kentavius Street.

Cool, Tarell ain't Boogie but neither him nor Street would hurt as depth.

I actually like Jeff Gunter from what I saw of him last year.

(03-27-2023, 11:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I know Calais Campbell will be 37 when the season starts but he is still much better and playing at a higher level than either of those 2.

True, crazy how Calais is still playing decent. I remember wanting us to draft him like 15+ years ago lol

(03-28-2023, 04:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yeah. Most definitely. I had the same thought with Marcedes Lewis at TE. Or a vet DE or CB. But Campbell is not likely to sign for less than $2 mil a year (likely under $1.5 mil) that those two will. 

We are virtually allergic to paying reserves over $2 mil. When it does happen, it is usually a rookie scale contract (Hill last year, Carman this) or a last minute use of cap space (Scharping last year). 

When the dust settles after the draft & the Jonah/Mixon/Collins situations resolve & Burrow's extension is done, perhaps we circle back and add a vet later. But I think we prefer younger, faster, and cheaper. 

Honestly isn't a bad preference. Still remember the Marv days when we would get former top LB's and they did nothing here.

Dansby, Harrison, AJ Hawk etc.

(03-28-2023, 04:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, Insider on Cincy Jungle say nothing imminent, but ongoing open communications with guys at QB, RB, DL, & CB. Someof whom are our own guys (I would guess Apple, Allen, & Flowers).

No more mention of TE. Bad news for Carter, Wilcox, & Sample or perhaps just in the back burner for now.

Thanks for the updates Ike. Cool
Reply/Quote
Street has signed with the Eagles.
Reply/Quote