Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Legal tampering period
(03-18-2023, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of wish we waited a little longer on signing Scott, he is an ascending Safety, but Byard is already there...

If priced right, bengals could still make a move. At age 29, bengals probably wouldn’t offer more than 1 year. The brown signing signals they are not scared to get better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: If priced right, bengals could still make a move.  At age 29, bengals probably wouldn’t offer more than 1 year.  The brown signing signals they are not scared to get better.

True and Byard is that in the box Safety that can also cover, he kind of does it all and is physical like we need in our Division.

Scott can also be this, but I always like the proven commodity..
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kind of wish we waited a little longer on signing Scott, he is an ascending Safety, but Byard is already there...

And if they end up not getting Byard or Scott and start the season with safeties with no experience? The Bengals could always add another experienced safety -- Scott was not that expensive. But if they waited on Scott -- and other teams were interested in him, including the Patriots and the Rams wanted him back -- then they could have potentially ended up without any of the safeties they wanted. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 02:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: And if they end up not getting Byard or Scott and start the season with safeties with no experience? The Bengals could always add another experienced safety -- Scott was not that expensive. But if they waited on Scott -- and other teams were interested in him, including the Patriots and the Rams wanted him back -- then they could have potentially ended up without any of the safeties they wanted. 

Yeah, they played it right I think. I just like Byard. Hindsight, yah know.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, they played it right I think. I just like Byard. Hindsight, yah know.

I mean, I like Michael Thomas & everything, but if Byard is within our budget, you gotta call him, right? 

I do not think signing Scott alters that. 

We have around $20 mil in space atm. Which baloons to $32 if Jonah goes. Mixon and Collins are candidates to create more. 

Assuming 2 QB, 4 RB, 6 WR, 3 TE, 4 OT, 4 OG, 2 C, 5 DE, 5 DT/NT, 5 LB, 6 CB, 4 S. We have the following open spots: 

1. QB2 (Allen?) 
2. RB2  
3. TE1  
4. TE2 
5. OG3 
6. OG4 
7. CB4 (Apple, Flowers)

We are over on some spots (5 safeties, 7 OTs). Some depth guys may get upgraded. And there are some ex-Bengal FAs out there who may come home (Allen, Apple, Flowers, D. Sample, Wilcox, Carter,  etc.). We also have 7 draft picks. 

There is poster on CincyJungle who claims to have sources in the building who says we are having ongoing discussions with: 

1. 2 TE (Carrer & Moreau?) 
2. 2 CBs (one is Apple, Flowers?) 
3. 4 DL 
4. 2 OL (new since Jonah trade request) 

Rapp left without a contract.
Reply/Quote
Just to fill in that last post:

QB 1 of 2: Burrow; QB2? (Allen?)
RB 3 of 4: Mixon; RB2, T. Williams, Evans
WR 6 of 6: Chase, Higgins, Boyd; Irwin, Morgan, Taylor
TE 1 of 3: TE1; TE2, Asiasi
OT 7 of 4: Brown, J. Williams; Carman, Collins, Adeniji, Ford, Smith
OG 2 of 4: Cappa, Volson; OG3, OG4
C 2 of 2: Karras; T. Hill
-------------
DE 5 of 5 Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, C. Sample, Gunter
NT/DT 5 of 5: Reader, BJ Hill; Tupou, Carter, Tufele
LB 5 of 5: L. Wilson, Pratt; ADG, Bailey, Bachie
CB 5 of 6: Awuzie, CTB, Hilton; CB4 (Apple/Flowers), George, J. Davis
S 5 of 4: D. Hill, Scott; Thomas, Anderson, B. Wilson
Reply/Quote
Laremy Tunsil stays in Houston on a 3 year extension worth 75m. Huge contract but they are about to draft a QB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 12:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Laremy Tunsil stays in Houston on a 3 year extension worth 75m. Huge contract but they are about to draft a QB.

total of $60M in guarantees with $50M fully guaranteed.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 01:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: total of $60M in guarantees with $50M fully guaranteed.

If you really believe in yourself, this is the way to do it, provided you don't run into injuries. Instead of length, do short-term deals, and when the deal is about to expire, get a new deal and go back to the top of AAV. Cashing in.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Panthers are finalizing a deal with Adam Thielen.
Reply/Quote
CGJ to the Lions. I knew it was a pipe dream especially after the Scott signing but I was still hoping.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 10:34 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: CGJ to the Lions. I knew it was a pipe dream especially after the Scott signing but I was still hoping.

1 year, 8 million.  What a steal.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 10:36 PM)samhain Wrote: 1 year, 8 million.  What a steal.

Yea not sure how the Bengals were not in on this one.... 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 10:36 PM)samhain Wrote: 1 year, 8 million.  What a steal.

$6.5M fully guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2023, 10:41 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yea not sure how the Bengals were not in on this one.... 

They might have been, before brown. If we could have flipped Jonah, could have made the difference. Hard to tell.
Reply/Quote
The league does not think as highly about CGJ as fans do at this point.
Reply/Quote
Well, with Jonah's fate unknown (which kind of ties up Collins, too), we can't blow half our cap (almost) on one guy. Mixon will stay with Perine gone.

I would love to get on on Dalton Schultz at this price, but we probably won't with Jonah/Collins/Mixon unsettled.
Reply/Quote
The Insider on Cincy Jungle says that, post Scharping signing, the Bengals are currently engaged with FAs at 3 positions: TE, CB, and DL.
Reply/Quote
I find no RBs surprising.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 02:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Insider on Cincy Jungle says that, post Scharping signing, the Bengals are currently engaged with FAs at 3 positions: TE, CB, and DL.

Not at all surprising. We need CB depth as Apple and Flowers are still unsigned, TE is a huge hole, and DL you can never have too many bodies. When they say DL, do they mean Edge, DT, or both?
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote