Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Legal tampering period
Gesicki to NE on 1 yr $9M deal. Bummer. Was hoping he'd sign with the good guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:54 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Gesicki to NE on 1 yr $9M deal. Bummer. Was hoping he'd sign with the good guys.

Likewise but as I just posted in the thread about him, my hope was based on fantasy-GM'ing. Duke and Zac possibly had no interest in him or maybe the salary offer was less. Either way, I'll trust their decision to not sign him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:54 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Gesicki to NE on 1 yr $9M deal. Bummer. Was hoping he'd sign with the good guys.

I think the Bengals can get a good TE early in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 08:30 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: BILLINGS!!!!!

Hilarious Good times.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Seahawks signing Julian Love.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 02:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Seahawks signing Julian Love.

TLL shown me how small he is compared to the RB's in our Division. Really like Love but I think he would get ran over in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
Bengals still sitting at $20 mill cap space, and they could still cut/restructure Mixon and possibly trade away Jonah Williams.
I'm expecting (or at least hoping for) more than just one new added safety for the remainder of FA.
Gimme some kinda TE, CB, RB, and/or backup QB to really finish off FA and give a lot of flexibility going into the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
S Jordan Love signs with Seahawks. 2 years, $12 mil. That should be in our ballpark. Hopefully we can sign Rapp for something similar.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: S Jordan Love signs with Seahawks. 2 years, $12 mil. That should be in our ballpark. Hopefully we can sign Rapp for something similar.

Or Gardner-Johnson. He is still out there and the longer he is out there without us signing Rapp or Scott he is still a possibility.
Reply/Quote
If they feel like they will trade Williams that would free up the funds to make a run for Gardner-Johnson

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals still sitting at $20 mill cap space, and they could still cut/restructure Mixon and possibly trade away Jonah Williams.
I'm expecting (or at least hoping for) more than just one new added safety for the remainder of FA.
Gimme some kinda TE, CB, RB, and/or backup QB to really finish off FA and give a lot of flexibility going into the draft.

Brandon Wilson is either a player the Bengals can play safety or an obvious cut. He has no dead cap and gets us 2 million more in cap space. It all adds up and Bengals hate dead cap space.

I could see Bengals trading Williams, but my guess no worse than a 4th, but want at least a 3rd. He is 26 and could work out a long term deal with the next team prior to the trade.

Scary part is if Williams is traded, we get a draft pick and the cap hit for 2023 goes down at LT to 10.3 for Brown million versus 12.6. for Williams.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Titans asking Byard to take a pay cut…he could be on the market soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Titans asking Byard to take a pay cut…he could be on the market soon.

Its almost worth it straight up trade Jonah Williams for Byard and swap their contracts which would be nearly identical money wise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 07:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Its almost worth it straight up trade Jonah Williams for Byard and swap their contracts which would be nearly identical money wise.

I like your style.
Reply/Quote
Safety signed. 3 years $12 million for Nick Scott. He looks to be our starter opposite Hill for the next few years.
Reply/Quote
Nick Scott agreeing to 3 year, $12M deal with the good guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:07 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Nick Scott agreeing to 3 year, $12M deal with the good guys.

I like this. Great run defender, and he was somewhat raw coming out of the draft, since IIRC he only played safety for one year in college after playing only offense before that. I trust Lou to get the most out of his strengths and raise his ceiling.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 04:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: If they feel like they will trade Williams that would free up the funds to make a run for Gardner-Johnson

Gotta give you props. The Nick Scott signing you called came through! 
Reply/Quote
Report: The #Titans will release All-Pro Safety Kevin Byard if he doesn't accept a paycut, according to @mlombardiNFL
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 12:30 PM)tBengal Wrote: Report: The #Titans will release All-Pro Safety Kevin Byard if he doesn't accept a paycut, according to @mlombardiNFL

Kind of wish we waited a little longer on signing Scott, he is an ascending Safety, but Byard is already there...
Reply/Quote