Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Orlando brown… welcome - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Orlando brown… welcome (/Thread-Orlando-brown%E2%80%A6-welcome)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Someone forgot to tell duke and the front office we were in rebuild mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't aware the window was closed. Mellow

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - MadMaxMontoya - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:10 AM)pulses Wrote: pff.com

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jawaan-taylor/41665 right there it is 58.7

They must have him as terrible run blocker then, They have his pff grade of pass blocking at 75.9

While Taylor gave up 5 sacks this year and Orlando Briwn Jr was credited with giving up 4 sacks a major difference was Taylor only gave up 21 QB pressures all year while Orlando Brown Jr gave up over 50 and was close to dead last in the NFL for all tackles.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Talk about filling a huge hole.

Jonah stinks.  

I just hope that it all comes together this year for the OL and they can stay healthy.  If we can run the ball consistently and stay in positive down and distance situations, our defense will be better with that alone.

It is OK to to express your pleasure for signing Brown. Is there a real need to trash a player who played well in 2021 and was injured in 2022?

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:32 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: They must have him as terrible run blocker then, They have his pff grade of pass blocking at 75.9

While Taylor gave up 5 sacks this year and Orlando Briwn Jr was credited with giving up 4 sacks a major difference was Taylor only gave up 21 QB pressures all year while Orlando Brown Jr gave up over 50 and was close to dead last in the NFL for all tackles.

RT scores versus LT scores.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - pulses - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:32 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: They must have him as terrible run blocker then, They have his pff grade of pass blocking at 75.9

his run blocking was like a 39

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2023

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfEs4Lllwlolyu_cenGbA...XhW5fKqg&s]

Caution: Rebuilding Ahead

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - NATI BENGALS - 03-16-2023

Ummmm. WTF

WOW

Total shock.

Didn't see this coming at all.

He was on NFL Live earlier today I guess.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Talk about filling a huge hole.

Jonah stinks.

I just hope that it all comes together this year for the OL and they can stay healthy. If we can run the ball consistently and stay in positive down and distance situations, our defense will be better with that alone.

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f726395a-3286-4dbd-9541-6000f846b9d5

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Synric - 03-16-2023

It will be interesting to see how it turns out considering Jawaan Taylor only has one good year as a pass blocker (none as a run blocker) and KC wants to flip his to the left where he has played a couple games in the last decade.

Id take Brown having a rebound year over Taylor stacking a second ok year.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Nepa - 03-16-2023

Got up at 1:45 am just to check if any signings and found this huge one! Great news!

(03-16-2023, 02:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: RT scores versus LT scores.

Doesn’t change the fact that he was close to dead last in QB pressures last year amongst all tackles….and I know one is coming from a right tackle and the other is a left tackle. My simple point is Orlando Brown Jr is not a great left tackle and should be playing right tackle. Most NFL teams agree and that’s why teams were not willing to pay him left tackle money or wanted him to be their left tackle. The qb pressure stats which are the most important stats for a left tackle and film does not lie. Hopefully it works out but I have doubts that it will.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - kevin - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:42 AM)Synric Wrote: It will be interesting to see how it turns out considering Jawaan Taylor only has one good year as a pass blocker (none as a run blocker) and KC wants to flip his to the left where he has played a couple games in the last decade.

Id take Brown having a rebound year over Taylor stacking a second ok year.

I think we agree we like this addition.  Those complaining and throwing out numbers, I'll throw out Super Bowl winning Left Tackle.  I will also throw out his dad was a monster for the Baltimore Ravens. I'll take those against whatever numbers people are throwing out to put down this signing.  Simple enough, is Orlando Brown an improvement over what Bengals have had ?  The Bengals seem to think so or they wouldn't have brought him in as soon as Free Agency opened.  Considering Bengals played Chiefs 4 times in 2 years, this is not a pig in a poke, Bengals have seen him plenty and know what they are getting.

Welcome Orlando Brown, and may he bulldoze Bengals to the Super Bowl and keep Burrow nice and healthy for years to come. 

GO BENGALS..... Tiger 

We signed the best available OL https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2023-the-original-ranking to a deal 4y/$64m very similar to Bates 4y/$64m.

Sheesh. Feels like I'm stealing.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Mike M (the other one) - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal.

Wow!!
BOOMER

wanted us to draft him, hated it when the Ravens drafted him!

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - kevin - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 02:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We signed the best available OL https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2023-the-original-ranking to a deal 4y/$64m very similar to Bates 4y/$64m.

Sheesh. Feels like I'm stealing.

Right, and the best DB in NFL can't block and protect the QB.  That is football 101, protect the QB, or in Longest Yard movie, protect the Superstar.  With the money Bengals will be paying Burrow soon, must protect the Superstar.  That is football 101 even at grade school level on up. I think Bengals now know they have their best QB in franchise history, and the key to keep winning is to keep Burrow healthy and playing. Burrow takes the Bengals to a whole higher level than they have ever played, and I've seen Bengals since 1968.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Joelist - 03-16-2023

Just a couple of things.

First, pressures are not that important a line stat. They are subjective in nature and some offensive designs (like the Chiefs) naturally rack more up. So does Mahomes play style. The Chiefs average around 240 pressures a year going back several seasons. By comparison, for example the Bengals average around 170.

Where is this pressures nonsense coming from? Butthurt Chiefs fans on Twitter upset because it seems the Chiefs could not close the deal - it broke down over something. So they went after Taylor while the Bengals WERE able to close the deal.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Mike M (the other one) - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why does everyone want to cut LC?  Have you guys read his contract?????

Obviously not. 
I'm smelling R1 Darnell Wright 
Great way to offset that big LT Salary, as we will likely let Jonah and possibly LC go the following years.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Nepa - 03-16-2023

By far the biggest concern of Bengals fans, and the failure the last two post-seasons, has been the OL. The Bengals signed four quality OL in these last two years. Now just need an experienced safety and the draft completely opens up and can also stock quality players for the future.

(03-16-2023, 03:08 AM)Joelist Wrote: Just a couple of things.

First, pressures are not that important a line stat. They are subjective in nature and some offensive designs (like the Chiefs) naturally rack more up. So does Mahomes play style. The Chiefs average around 240 pressures a year going back several seasons. By comparison, for example the Bengals average around 170.

Where is this pressures nonsense coming from? Butthurt Chiefs fans on Twitter upset because it seems the Chiefs could not close the deal - it broke down over something. So they went after Taylor while the Bengals WERE able to close the deal.

First off I’m a bengals fan, don’t think it’s a a bad signing if they play him at right tackle but sure as hell am scared about him being our starting left tackle….whatever makes you feel better……pressures don’t matter bahahahaha…. you obviously hadn’t paid attention to why he became available….KC didn’t want to bring him back as their left tackle so they were only interested in paying him to be their right tackle for much less money. They paid Taylor a ton more because they wanted him to be their left tackle and told Orlando Brown Jr they weren’t bringing him back. It was widely reported the first couple of days around the league that teams did not see him as a starting left tackle and he wasn’t getting much interest. The only interest he was really getting was from the bengals and the bears and the bears were the only ones who were willing to pay as much as the bengals but they too only saw him as a right tackle. He thinks he is a left tackle and we told him if he comes here he can be a left tackle so there you have it he is a bengal now. I hope it works out but if they plan to play him at left tackle which by all accounts that’s why he is coming here I have a lot of doubts when most of the league doesn’t view him as a starting left tackle and the defending super bowl champs could have easily brought him back but decided to pay someone else a lot more money to come take his place.