Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: So what now when it comes to the TE room? (/Thread-So-what-now-when-it-comes-to-the-TE-room)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - TKUHL - 03-23-2023

Really like the Kincaid kid right now. Would take him over Mayer, but would be happy with either. Not as big on Washington, Musgrave or LaPorta. I don’t see Mayer or Kincaid being there for us in the first. If one is I would grab them. Only issue is the drop off in OT’s in the second if we don’t pick one in the first. I know it’s a deep TE class but if you have the chance to grab the best TE in this class at 28 do it. OT in the second, CB/DT third, RB Forth. Hell they may shock us and take Washington in the first since he can block like an Olinemen and get the best of both worlds.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - PDub80 - 03-23-2023

Sam Laporta in the 2nd or 3rd would be interesting to me.

If they took the OT from TN, OSU, OU, or GA in the 1st and a TE in the 2nd I would be thrilled. I could see TE in the first if the right guy is there.

To those not loving the TEs.... Look, the right guy is a massive mismatch given who will be covering them with Boyd, Chase, & Higgens on the field. The Bengals NEED an over the middle threat badly to force safeties inside and out if just ignoring that part of the field.

A complete TE like LaPort, for example, also helps the line and is huge on delayed runs. Someone has to make the LBs pause from coming up to the line and a stretch the field TE would do just that.

BTW, that LB from Iwoa is a MONSTER, too. Jack Campbell.... my goodness!

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Frank Booth - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 07:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sam Laporta in the 2nd or 3rd would be interesting to me.

If they took the OT from TN, OSU, OU, or GA in the 1st and a TE in the 2nd I would be thrilled. I could see TE in the first if the right guy is there.

To those not loving the TEs.... Look, the right guy is a massive mismatch given who will be covering them with Boyd, Chase, & Higgens on the field. The Bengals NEED an over the middle threat badly to force safeties inside and out if just ignoring that part of the field.

A complete TE like LaPort, for example, also helps the line and is huge on delayed runs. Someone has to make the LBs pause from coming up to the line and a stretch the field TE would do just that.

they also need a running game to not finish in the bottom 10

in terms of yards per carry, of course

(03-23-2023, 07:37 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Sam Laporta in the 2nd or 3rd would be interesting to me.

The right TE will be huge for us if we can’t keep Tee. Heck KC has been doing it.

(03-23-2023, 07:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they also need a running game to not finish in the bottom 10

Really like the Miller kid in the 3rd/4th

I’ve been a huge pound the table to fix the Oline guy. Every year at the end of the season I think most of us wouldn’t mind spending every pick on Oline if that’s what it takes. If the right guy is there at 28 great. If not, might as well address another position. We still need TE, CB, S, DT, RB, DE and a punter at some point. The only 2 players I would go for other than OT in the first is Kincaid/Mayer. Unless a freak top 10 player drops that’s a no brainer for our system. Maybe even a tough G that can play RT would be fine.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - pulses - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 08:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Really like the Miller kid in the 3rd/4th
Miller only had 1 good year of production and wasn't a threat in the passing game either. Need somebody who can do both like Spears or Charbonnet or even Jahmyr Gibbs.

Forgot to include Roschon Johnson.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Soonerpeace - 03-23-2023

These are a few mocks in the last few days. Almost all TE’s

Kiper
28. Cincinnati Bengals
Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
This makes seven pass-catchers (four receivers, three tight ends) in a nine-pick span. There absolutely could be a run on them in the 20s. The tight end group as a whole is spectacular at the top, but Washington might have the highest ceiling. He wasn't used a ton in the pass game for the Bulldogs, as he had just 45 catches and three scores over three seasons. At 6-foot-7, 264 pounds, he ran a 4.64-second 40-yard dash at the combine, impressing NFL scouts, who think he could be much better at the next level. With Hayden Hurst gone in free agency, this is a clear need area for Cincinnati.

CBS Pete Prisco
Round 1 - Pick 28
Dalton Kincaid TE
UTAH • SR • 6'4" / 246 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cincinnati PROSPECT RNK
24th POSITION RNK
2nd
With Hayden Hurst gone, they have to get a replacement. Dalton Kincaid is an outstanding receiving tight end, which Joe Burrow needs in this offense.

NFL.com Charles Davis
Cincinnati Bengals
Michael Mayer
Notre Dame · TE · Junior
Mayer does everything well and is extremely dependable. Bengals QB Joe Burrow values and utilizes the TE position.

NFL.com Daniel Jeremiah
Cincinnati Bengals
Darnell Wright
Tennessee · OT · Senior
Wright would plug and play at right tackle. Recent LT signee Orlando Brown Jr. is only 26 years old. Brown and Wright could hold down the bookend spots to protect Joe Burrow for quite a long time. Also, this pick would allow the Bengals to deal Jonah Williams for draft capital now that he has requested a trade. 

NBC Sports
29. Bengals: Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
Kincaid is an impressive receiver at the tight end position, having led his team in receptions (70), receiving yards (890) and aerial scores (8). The Associated Press selected him as an All-American due in part to him leading all FBS tight ends in receiving yards per game (77.3). 

Walter Football
Cincinnati Bengals: Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
Cincinnati was interested in Trey McBride in last year's draft, so perhaps they'll use an early pick on a tight end to replace Hayden Hurst.
Dalton Kincaid is an athletic receiver who runs good routes

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - samhain - 03-23-2023

(03-23-2023, 01:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Part of problem we have not had a  solid good young TE under Taylor and it has shown down the middle in most years. The next is great and if we spent a 2nd on Sample, we can spend a late round 1st on a TE

Is there really a problem, though?  The team went to the Super Bowl and came within a hair of doing it again.  The offense is elite when the quarterback has reasonable protection.  

There are only so many balls to go around, and Ja'marr/Tee/Tyler will account for the majority.  Would it be nice to have an elite TE?  Yes.  Is it a pressing need? Not this year.  They'll never ask much of a tight end so long as they have 3 star receivers taking up the majority of the passing offense.  Taylor's other SB team, the Rams didn't have a star TE, either. They don't now just as they didn't when they won the SB.

I just don't see a need to invest a ton of capital in the position.  Get a guy that can block and maybe go for 400 yards and a few tds.  It's a formula that isn't broken, so no need to fix.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - bfine32 - 03-23-2023

6'7" 270 lbs

[Image: usa_today_20148286.0.jpg]
[Image: 18980711.jpeg]
[Image: f8bc4638-c20f-4364-9b01-5ee407a81138-AP2...&auto=webp]
[Image: FW5WONUYDJDP7EI4KYOYEYH53E.jpg]

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Bengalstripes9 - 03-24-2023

No Sample fans in the thread?

(I crack myself up atleast)

I would go ahead and draft a tight end in round 2 or 3--maybe 1st round if he's the BPA.
Yet, tight ends usually take longer to develop in the pros so it would be good to get a vet in here.

There's not much available in the 24-28 age range for Free Agents.
Looks like Wilcox and Sample and Irv Smith.

They probably sign one or two of those and then draft someone.
Definitely not a stellar tight end group, but we probably want to emphasize blocking here more than anything--and guys that are sure-handed as well.
Familiarity with our system bodes well for Wilcox and Sample.

So what now when it comes to the TE room? - ah5 - 03-24-2023

Not sure why so many people want a TE in the first. There are much better holes that could be filled in the first few rounds. That being said if bpa is a TE so be it.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - TKUHL - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 08:37 PM)pulses Wrote: Miller only had 1 good year of production and wasn't a threat in the passing game either. Need somebody who can do both like Spears or Charbonnet or even Jahmyr Gibbs.

Forgot to include Roschon Johnson.

Burrow only had one good year too. Just playin, apples to oranges. What about a later round sleeper TE that has me intrigued is Zach Kuntz. This dude is 6’8” (wtf) 255lbs. Runs a 4.5 He only played 5 games last year due to an undisclosed injury side lining him the rest of the season. But looking at his states the prior year…. 73 catches for 692 yards. Averaged 9.5 yards per catch for 5 TD’s. This guy could be a late round steal.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - pulses - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 01:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Burrow only had one good year too. Just playin, apples to oranges. What about a later round sleeper TE that has me intrigued is Zach Kuntz. This dude is 6’8” (wtf) 255lbs. Runs a 4.5 He only played 5 games last year due to an undisclosed injury side lining him the rest of the season. But looking at his states the prior year…. 73 catches for 692 yards. Averaged 9.5 yards per catch for 5 TD’s. This guy could be a late round steal.

He opened some eyes at the combine I think he'll probably go in the 4th or 5th. I would have no problem taking him. I definitely think they're gonna double dip at TE and possibly even RB depending on how the draft goes...They met with Tavyion Thomas and he's a thumper 6'2 238 who can be had real late.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Garrus - 03-24-2023

Really hoping Wright falls to us at 28, then we can take the best remaining TE in round 2 (LaPorta perhaps). That would be a perfect start to the draft for me.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Housh - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 01:21 AM)ah5 Wrote: Not sure why so many people want a TE in the first. There are much better holes that could be filled in the first few rounds. That being said if bpa is a TE so be it.

ima be a smart ass here because i feel it’s warranted…

There are literally pages and pages going in deity explaining why people want a TE in round 1. I see no reason why anyone would seriously ask why people want TE so bad. It’s blatantly clear RB and TE are our weakest positions. Imo we can’t go wrong with RB, OT or TE at #28. I do feel as if one of those is the pick no matter what. We’ll do BPA as long as it’s one of these 3 positions.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - ochocincos - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 07:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they also need a running game to not finish in the bottom 10

Right. It's about being efficient when you do run.
Chiefs were 25th in rushing attempts, 20th in rushing yards, but 8th in YPC.
Bengals on the flip side were 29th in YPC.

Taylor/Pollack need to find ways to get this running game going such that teams actually worry about it somewhat.

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - WeezyBengal - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 11:31 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: MASSIVE failure is a strong take. What position do you think they should use the 1st round pick on?

Best player available. Always. 

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Go Cards - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 04:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We might need help at CB too. Awuzie coming off an injury. CTB. I don't think we re-signed Apple or Flowers yet. Hilton is here.

Expected Apple to be re-signed but wonder if his social media stuff could sway Zac's decision. 

RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - Go Cards - 03-24-2023

(03-23-2023, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 6'7" 270 lbs

[Image: usa_today_20148286.0.jpg]
[Image: 18980711.jpeg]
[Image: f8bc4638-c20f-4364-9b01-5ee407a81138-AP2...&auto=webp]
[Image: FW5WONUYDJDP7EI4KYOYEYH53E.jpg]

Don't have to sell me on the kid