Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } (/Thread-Postgame-Reactions-Thread-Week-1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Rattler - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:21 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean that's a different can of worms we'd be opening. We shouldn't be paying the largest contract to a QB who can't make plays on his own. That's what almost every successful QB has to do. So if that's your excuse then we're screwed.

How many top 5 QBs have scored only 3 points in a game? 

How many played behind Turnstile Williams at tackle?  Worst RT in the NFL.

Bottom line, we don't give Joe a pocket we are definitely screwed...not seen any QB make plays sitting on their backside.

Garrett in the backfield ALL.DAY.LONG.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Tony - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Unless the Bengals somehow beat the Ravens next week... there is absolutely no reason to relax.  If there was a way to give negative rep... you deserve it for that post.

We could be 0-5 and some these guys will tell you to relax, it will be OK.. lol

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Nately120 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Watching other teams playing today, the bengals really had nothing going for them today. THis is on the players and coaches. If Burrow wasnt practicing, then he shouldn't have started... putting Browning in the last 3 minutes or whatever it was at the end of the 4th qtr, was the cherry on the top. Should have started Browning, then bring in the 255 million pro to show him how it's done.  The only QB who showed Burrow how to QB was Watson, today.

Watson was pretty bad today, but he had the benefit of a coach who has a career gameplan that goes beyond "Go out there an be a good QB" so other aspects of that team bailed his sex-offender ass out of trouble.

ZT's record without Burrow makes me skeptical that this team would have gotten a W with Browning Nagel or whatever his name is in there.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - RunKijanaRun - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:18 PM)Tony Wrote: I forgot to say, the punter is complete dogshit

He’s ***** awful. I was furious about him the second they drafted him.

(09-10-2023, 07:28 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He’s ***** awful. I was furious about him the second they drafted him.

I was even more pissed when they kept him after being dogshit in the pre season.. Wtf is wrong with these coaches?

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bfine32 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:31 PM)Tony Wrote: I was even more pissed when they kept him after being dogshit in the pre season.. Wtf is wrong with these coaches?

Gimme Matt Ariza

{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - bjf123 - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure we can. We did it last year

We did last year against a very depleted AFCN. It won’t be that easy this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Burrow got sacked 2 times in 31 attempts

Rub 'n Tug got sacked 3 times in 29 attempts. 

Burrow had zero time the whole game as usual. I ge that it is just one game, but this was just such an absolute epic level of suck all the way around minus the D that I will be amazed if we score more than 6 next week.

And I’m watching the Rams Seattle game and all I can say is good luck week 3 Bengals.

This wasn’t a bad game. This was the most unprepared I e ever seen them with Burrow and Taylor and that is saying a lot.

Burrow and the Bengals were 100 times better after his emergency appendectomy. This was a level of shit straight out of the 90’s.

(09-10-2023, 07:23 PM)M.W. Wrote: I doubt the Steelers beat Cleveland.  Who knows though.

If they run the ball effectively they'll have a decent chance, they couldn't possibly offer up a worse offensive performance. 

(09-10-2023, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gimme Matt Ariza

I've been begging for that  since his charges were dropped. 

You know who has it really bad? Bears fans. They had to watch their team lose for 29 straight years to Favre and Rodgers and the first chance they get to face a non-automatic HOF QB they kick that season off with what looks like it will be a one sided loss at home to the Packers.

And I bet packerbacker will post at least one thread this week talking about how we all need to feel sorry for him and that the Bengals are going to go on a 21 game win streak.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - psychdoctor - 09-10-2023

I am not worried. That is all.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - jfkbengals - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's not about winning the division it's about getting a 1 or 2 seed and having home playoff games/byes. 

You can only get those seeds as a division winner, so...

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - TheFan - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:26 PM)Rattler Wrote: How many played behind Turnstile Williams at tackle?  Worst RT in the NFL.

Bottom line, we don't give Joe a pocket we are definitely screwed...not seen any QB make plays sitting on their backside.

Garrett in the backfield ALL.DAY.LONG.

I mean, you're exaggerating so there's not really a way to have a rational response. 

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Mickeypoo - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: That was last year and they were at least competitive. This was different. This loss is the type that will be felt. There’s no moral victory like many fans pulled from the rough start last year. 

Burrow even with the turnovers was at least still in the mvp race. Coaching was competent enough to rally if only to eventually lose. There wasn’t the mass gasp from the NFL world and fandom at what they were witnessing. 

The team we saw today isn’t beating Arizona let alone Baltimore.

What we witnessed today was a defining moment that seems much different then last season. Much. Hell many around here swore Burrow wouldn’t look like he did last opening day. He looked far worse.

Spot on! And I’m watching the Rams. Stafford is gonna beat us again.

I swear I wasn’t even watching an nfl team. Just no words for the unprepared shit the Bengals put out there.

Stafford carving up Seattle. Running for first down. Fires up.

Bengals hands down worst team out of 32 and it’s not even close. 31 would kick our ass today. So disgusted.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - TKUHL - 09-10-2023

Today we looked like a Marvin Lewis playoff team.

(09-10-2023, 07:46 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Today we looked like a Marvin Lewis playoff team.

Or more accurately, a ZT-coached team without Burrow.  Maybe ZT is great, I guess he can't be bad with the past 2 years on his resume, but let's not act like we have to go back to Marvin to come up with an example of a crappy game.

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - Goalpost - 09-10-2023

Got to wonder after that pitifulness if Joe is really healthy enough.

(09-10-2023, 07:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean, you're exaggerating so there's not really a way to have a rational response. 

Where did I exaggerate? 

Who's a worse starter than Jonah at tackle?

Which pocket passer completes passes sitting on their tailbone?

Garrett didn't wreak havoc all day long? 

Did I miss anything?

RE: { Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 } - M.W. - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:49 PM)Rattler Wrote: Where did I exaggerate? 

Who's a worse starter than Jonah at tackle?

Which pocket passer completes passes sitting on their tailbone?

Garrett didn't wreak havoc all day long? 

Did I miss anything?

Lots of the pressure Garrett got came from him lining up over center.  In reality, nobody stopped him without help.  Garrett is an absolute beast.