Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 1 }
Have at it.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I don't know what to rant about. Everything looked bad.

The defense held up for a while.

Burrow didn't look healthy.

The Bengals dinked and dunked like Pickett was their qb.
Reply/Quote
The Weather was killing balls out there everyone seen it on both sides. Burrow and Tee were also not on the same page which killed drives.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know what to rant about. Everything looked bad.

Yeah, the offense just never got in sync. Looked out of sorts most of the game.
Reply/Quote
Everyone looked bad. Last year we lost in week 1 but we were competitive, just shooting ourselves in the foot. We could easily go 0-2 again this season. Hopefully we can turn it around, but it's frustrating not seeing the starters playing in the preseason when it looked like this was their first preseason game. Oh well, onto Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
Literally nothing went right … well, maybe the D in the first half.
Reply/Quote
Slow starts every year. Gotta question coaching too.

When Burrow plays elite, Zac looks like a genius. When things go bad, we look like a college team could beat us.
Reply/Quote
Easily top five of worst performances I've ever seen by a Bengals team, and I've been watching for almost  50 years.  I am not hopeful going forward. The line didn't seem to be significantly improved, the running game is missing( as expected), the defense gave up over 200 yds on the ground, special teams left much to be desired, the team seemed uninspired, Joe B. seemed scared of the rain, Zac is still calling crappy plays... Abject disaster!  I don't know how all of that gets fixed.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Horrible
Reply/Quote
This team could have played 3 more hours to score maybe 3 more points. Like a broken record all day.
Reply/Quote
This game was 100% on Burrow. He looked indecisive, he looked like he didn't know the playcall, his accuracy was horrible and he was incapable of finding the open man and just threw up jump balls all day.

Our offensive scheme looked horrible where it seemed like the offense was built around exclusively relying on the WRs to go up and grab balls in tight single coverage.

There are ways to beat aggressive man coverage, but we did not seem to try to beat it all day.

Hopefully, Burrow got his jitters out and is more decisive, accurate and in sync with his offense come Baltimore next weekend.

Because, if not, this will be a long, painful and embarrassing season.

They turned it around last year. We'll see if they can do it again this year.

I would have taken the last season's opening performance over this shit...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know what to rant about. Everything looked bad.

You done a pretty good job, summing it all up. it’s pretty simple.Although,I may have Frank Pollack on the hot seat.The second half of that game was especially hard to watch.
Reply/Quote
The line still looked meh.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:27 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Easily top five of worst performances I've ever seen by a Bengals team, and I've been watching for almost  50 years.  I am not hopeful going forward. The line didn't seem to be significantly improved, the running game is missing( as expected), the defense gave up over 200 yds on the ground, special teams left much to be desired, the team seemed uninspired, Zac is still calling crappy plays... Abject disaster!  I don't know how all of that gets fixed.

Ironically, 3 of these crap performances were against the browns.  2014, 2022 and 2023
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:26 PM)Whacked Wrote: Literally nothing went right … well, maybe the D in the first half.

Thought they played well. Anyone will eventually crack a little when you're running out there on short fields after 3 and outs. 

D will be really good. 

Burrow...yikes. And sorry, when you're making 275 million dollars You're going to be held to a higher standard. That was awful. 
Reply/Quote
Burrow and the new punter were having a competition to see who could suck more.

Also a pretty bad day for Tee. Browns DB’s were eating his lunch.

So sick of being a doormat for that ***** team. They completely own Burrow and Taylor. No two ways around it.

Reply/Quote
So the Browns are our kryptonite. Sucks, but if we rebound like last season, I can live with it. At least it is not the Stealers.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I think that was a little too bad to figure out what to complain about. I thought on the series where Mixon actually broke off some runs that we should've gone on 4th and really probably ran it twice because we had a 3rd and 2 or 3. Other than that we were just plain bad. Defense held up for what we were giving them. Also maybe just compared to all the other week 1s we've had I thought the line actually played okay. Also please no one ever scream for a TE in Rd 1 again all we do is use them for a check down. But I suppose that wouldn't be bad if we weren't doing on a 3rd forever. This team lives and dies with Burrow Taylor ain't pulling any magic out of hat with any play calls if he's not reading it and delivering it we are screwed.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:30 PM)Destro Wrote: So the Browns are our kryptonite. Sucks, but if we rebound like last season, I can live with it. At least it is not the Stealers.

Yeah, it's frustrating...have dropped 9 of last 11 to them. 
Reply/Quote
Look when you have the right coaches in place those areas seem to do well regardless of the situation. They didn’t win a preseason game…our backups couldn’t beat other teams backups. The reason is simple…this is a team that relies on its stars to takeover games and make up for all of the coaching deficiencies, and there’s a lot. This team will never ever win a Super Bowl so long as this family owns and manages the franchise. It takes the right players and the right coaches and if history has shown us anything this family is incapable of making this happen.
Reply/Quote