Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Wrist Injury - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Wrist Injury (/Thread-Burrow-Wrist-Injury)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - jj22 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the shoe fits, Karen . . .

I missed the punch line. 

Are we talking obesity? Karens? Is Burrow a Karen? Wouldn't he be a Brad? or am I an obese old Karen who transitioned to Brad? Or a Brad that transitioned to Karen? A Kad? A Baren?

I'm struggling to keep up with the spin that at the end of the day still leaves Burrow injury prone. Or to make it sound a little better. Prone to injuries... 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - bfine32 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: I missed the punch line. 

Are we talking obesity? Karens? Is Burrow a Karen? Wouldn't he be a Brad? or am I an obese old Karen who transitioned to Brad? Or a Brad that transitioned to Karen? A Kad? A Baren?

I'm struggling to keep up with the spin that at the end of the day still leaves Burrow injury prone. Or to make it sound a little better. Prone to injuries... 

I mentioned it before; Joe's not injury prone, he just gets "dinged up" a lot. If we didn't like him then he'd be injury prone. 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: A 26 year old that has taken a beating for 4 straight years and can't stay healthy mind you.

Moving the goal post would be lectures about Obesity.

Separate, individual, unrelated injuries affecting different body parts from playing a contact sport.

The hand fracture wasn’t related to the ACL tear which wasn’t related to the calf strain which wasn’t related to the wrist injury that happened over the course of 8 seasons and thousands of repetitions.

You want him to stay healthy? Upgrade the blocking.

(11-17-2023, 02:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s everyone complaining they are no longer in their teens or 20s.

Christ, on Instagram there is a reel someone complained they hurt themselves yawning while checking their blind spot, drinking water too hard, slept wrong, etc.

I don't know. I felt good at 35. I still feel relatively good. But I get it. Your body changes. Now imagine them taking the beating Burrow has taken if aging naturally has done them in.... 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - casear2727 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall the ones who pointed to Burrow being injured as excuses for bad play all year. Why bring up his health constantly or claim how things would be different with a "healthy" Burrow since this is par the course for players and there is no such thing as healthy players? You have to answer that not me. Or at least address all the posters who bring up his health while ignoring every player being hurt.

I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded. 

That's the interesting take. Not me claiming he's injury prone as everyone points to his injuries...

When did I say this, "I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded."  ???

Quote me or apologize for being a liar.  Not knowing ball is bad enough but if you are going to lie and make up things I said, I will bring up all your stupid takes and eviscerate you.   Get your story straight.

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:22 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Ding ding ding!

There is no respectable message board in the world that has a problem with other fans posting on their boards. 

This one doesn't either, it's just that there are sections for other fans to interact on, and this particular forum is reserved for Bengals fans only. Lock up on your way out. Tongue

(11-17-2023, 03:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mentioned it before; Joe's not injury prone, he just gets "dinged up" a lot. If we didn't like him then he'd be injury prone. 

Maybe I'll try dinged prone from here on out as to not ruffle any feathers... 

(11-17-2023, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: They wouldn't have a problem if you said positive things! 

Well he never does, so.....

In fact, the chicken shit only shows up after a loss. Nowhere to be found during the 4 game win streak. Is what it is homie....he isn't a fan 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - bfine32 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 03:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe I'll try dinged prone from here on out as to not ruffle any feathers... 

As long as you blame it on Zac; you'll be fine calling it whatever you want. 

(11-17-2023, 03:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: When did I say this, "I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded."  ???

Quote me or apologize for being a liar.  Not knowing ball is bad enough but if you are going to lie and make up things I said, I will bring up all your stupid takes and eviscerate you.   Get your story straight.

Oh release your pearls casear. You clutching them so hard they cutting off oxygen. So typical of those who can dish it but can't take it. When did I quote you? I didn't use any quotes.   

You said I agreed with LSU without showing where I said I did..... Did I clutch any pearls? Claim you quoted me? Demand an apology for lying! I go back and forth with you because I thought maybe you can handle it. Now I'm concerned you may not emotionally be able to so note taken.

(11-17-2023, 02:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall the ones who pointed to Burrow being injured as excuses for bad play all year. Why bring up his health constantly or claim how things would be different with a "healthy" Burrow since this is par the course for players and there is no such thing as healthy players? You have to answer that not me. Or at least address all the posters who bring up his health while ignoring every player being hurt.

I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded. 

That's the interesting take. Not me claiming he's injury prone as everyone points to his injuries...

There is a difference between having unrelated body parts injured from playing a contact sport. And having repeated injuries involving the same body part making future injuries more likely.

Like a dislocated shoulder making you more likely to dislocate the shoulder in the future and suffer additional shoulder pathology. Or suffering a concussion making you more likely to suffer future concussions.

A hand fracture during college doesn’t make you more likely to tear your ACL in the NFL or vice versa.

(11-17-2023, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: I missed the punch line. 

You’re the Karen claiming the picture was disrespectful.

(11-17-2023, 03:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There is a difference between having unrelated body parts injured from playing a contact sport. And having repeated injuries involving the same body part making future injuries more likely.

Like a dislocated shoulder making you more likely to dislocate the shoulder in the future and suffer additional shoulder pathology. Or suffering a concussion making you more likely to suffer future concussions.

A hand fracture during college doesn’t make you more likely to tear your ACL in the NFL or vice versa.

I agree with all that.

I still think it all adds up in the end and you feel much older than you are after years of all the different injuries/surgeries/etc. 

(11-17-2023, 01:55 PM)BigBad Wrote: Play through a calf injury where you can't push off and throwing mechanics will suffer.
Do this for too long and your throwing shoulder/elbow/wrist will strain.

I'd bet this is what has happened.

You could be right. It's certainly possible. I may be misremembering, but didn't he get hit in the elbow against SF?

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - Tomkat - 11-17-2023

Any updates on Burrow's wrist injury, since that's what this thread is supposed to be about?

(11-17-2023, 03:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You’re the Karen claiming the picture was disrespectful.

Oh ok. Well I never intended to fat shame anyone so I wanted to make that clear to anyone lurking. I wasn't calling Burrow obese with diabetes. I didn't think that was were anyone would take my comment, but clearly you did.

Can I speak with your supervisor?! 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - pally - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the shoe fits, Karen . . .

come on can't you find a different name to use as an insult?  Karen is such a nice name and every Karen I know is such a nice person.  Some are even Bengals fans

(11-17-2023, 01:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or you know…270 lb Clowney landed on his hand.

I get that too, but he was wearing a pad on his elbow against Houston and Baltimore. That hit could also have been what made a nuisance an injury. 

(11-17-2023, 03:23 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Any updates on Burrow's wrist injury, since that's what this thread is supposed to be about?

An Atkins diet and blood pressure medicine sounds like the fix. 

RE: Burrow Wrist Injury - casear2727 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 03:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh release your pearls casear. You clutching them so hard they cutting off oxygen. So typical of those who can dish it but can't take it. When did I quote you? I didn't use any quotes.   

You said I agreed with LSU without showing where I said I did..... Did I clutch any pearls? Claim you quoted me? Demand an apology for lying! I go back and forth with you because I thought maybe you can handle it. Now I'm concerned you may not emotionally be able to so note taken.

"I think it's groundbreaking that you are stating the excuses for Burrow to start the season were unfounded."   I never said any of this and your own words are, "you are stating the excuses".

Serious question, how dumb are you?  Not knowing football doesnt make you dumb, but claiming that I stated something and then claiming you didnt quote me is ignorant.

We can go back and forth without you lying about my statements.