Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment (/Thread-Legitimate-Arguments-Against-the-2nd-Amendment)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-24-2016

(02-24-2016, 11:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Look, I'm reasonable.  I know I'm more liberal than conservative but to me it is issue by issue. 

Guess who has 2 thumbs and is also reasonable?

This guy.

Being a guy that leans more to an anarchist side of things, I am far from being liberal or conservative.  I do believe in individual freedoms, but I also support people that would rather NOT be associated with some people's choices.

I see this country as being big enough to allow for many different views.  The way it is going though, is people that have my views are looking for alternatives.  I would hate to have to leave the US, but if I have to, I will.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Vlad - 02-24-2016

A gun safety course in school sounds like a good idea, but for some reason a gun course taught in a black inner city school just doesn't sit right.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - fredtoast - 02-24-2016

(02-24-2016, 08:04 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Big country.  Yet the people here have such small brains.

OK.  How big is Ohio?  How big is California?

If you lived in California and I lived in Ohio, could we not have our own ways of doing things?  Without trying to force our views onto each other?

If I have to leave the US to get the type of life I am looking for.  Then that would mean, my taxes would no longer be collected.  The US has to goes to war?  One less able bodied man to call upon.  The US as a country had the potential to be so much more than what it has been turned into.  My children will no longer be citizens of the US either, so that would remove their potential from this country as well.

I think with as big as this country is, we can have places where you can get what you want, and I can get what I want.  Are we going to have to compromise?  Yep, that is what being an adult means.  Will I get everything I am looking for?  No.  However, I will be damned if I live in a country that allows for a Same Sex couple to sue a business because that business didn't want to support their lifestyle.  Especially when there are many other options available.

I don't want to live in a country where people don't know that they have to work hard to get what they want out of life.  Instead of feeling entitled to it.  I hear so many people praise Sanders for promising them free college, free healthcare, free, free, free.  Yet they don't think it is their choices that got them where they are and that Sanders' promises are empty because even with the free college, the people will still be in the same boat they are in, only with higher taxes.

actually you are free to do whatever you want as long as it is on your own privatre property.  You can have an all-white club (They still exist).  You can say that no black people can live on your compound.  You can do anything you want.

But if you want to function as part of our society then you have to follow the rules.  And that means no discrimination based on race or religion.  If you don't like that then you aree free to leave the country.

So stop acting like you are a victim when you are 100% free to do whatever you want.  Stop playing your victim card when NO ONE is keeping you from doing exactly what you want to do.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-24-2016

(02-24-2016, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: actually you are free to do whatever you want as long as it is on your own privatre property.  You can have an all-white club (They still exist).  You can say that no black people can live on your compound.  You can do anything you want.

But if you want to function as part of our society then you have to follow the rules.  And that means no discrimination based on race or religion.  If you don't like that then you aree free to leave the country.

So stop acting like you are a victim when you are 100% free to do whatever you want.  Stop playing your victim card when NO ONE is keeping you from doing exactly what you want to do.

You say this a lot.  I don't see too many people playing the victim card around here.

You do, when you say blacks and women are oppressed.

I am not if I say, well so are whites and men.

That isn't playing the victim card, that is just pointing out how stupid it is to think that the other side has nothing to complain about.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - michaelsean - 02-25-2016

(02-24-2016, 07:23 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Hungary is anti-immigration from people that bring 0 value to their country.

You have to apply and go through the process of getting accepted.  The ones that I know over there have said that the process can be lengthy.  They have also said that if you are looking to build a big family then you can get expedited.  Unfortunately for me, I don't want more than 2 children.

Now the part that you and the others won't like, and will attributed it to white privilege.  Is they aren't open to taking blacks or middle eastern people.  They would rather black Americans to stay in America and keep it or immigrate to an African country, at least so I am told.

The Baltic States are like that as well.

So don't confuse Anti-Immigration with No Immigration. They are more selective in their process than what some other Western Countries are.

Anti literally means against.  

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-25-2016

(02-25-2016, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Anti literally means against.  

Right. However, it doesn't mean they don't have an immigration process.

They aren't a closed boarder nation.

You can be anti immigration as a nation, meaning no easy access, without not letting in a single person.

So again don't confuse the two.

I am anti-immigration.  I don't want Manny the Gardener, however I would be happy with Manuel the Physicist.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Vlad - 02-26-2016

(02-25-2016, 11:28 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I am anti-immigration.  I don't want Manny the Gardener, however I would be happy with Manuel the Physicist.

You'd be happy with Manny the boxer too because he hates gays. Ninja

Might as well throw that in there, I can see that coming from one of our resident lefties anyway LOL!

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-26-2016

(02-26-2016, 01:39 AM)Vlad Wrote: You'd be happy with Manny the boxer too because he hates gays. Ninja

Might as well throw that in there, I can see that coming from one of our resident lefties anyway LOL!

Well, him being an Ambassador and a statesman, does give him better creds over other people.  He is also a guy that is at the top of his sport as well.

Of course, the only reason I would like him is his anti-gay stance... Ninja

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - BmorePat87 - 02-26-2016

What about this Manny?

[Image: Manny-Machado-Orioles-Yankees-cannon.gif]

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-26-2016

(02-26-2016, 08:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What about this Manny?

Nah... He plays for the Orioles.  Now if he were on the Reds then... Duh.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-27-2016

(02-25-2016, 11:28 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Right. However, it doesn't mean they don't have an immigration process.

They aren't a closed boarder nation.

You can be anti immigration as a nation, meaning no easy access, without not letting in a single person.

So again don't confuse the two.

I am anti-immigration.  I don't want Manny the Gardener, however I would be happy with Manuel the Physicist.

You're a high school drop out with a GED who has worked as an Army clerk and a civilian security guard. Why would Hungary want you?

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-27-2016

(02-26-2016, 08:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What about this Manny?

Only if he didn't live in the same neighborhood. 

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 04:15 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're a high school drop out with a GED who has worked as an Army clerk and a civilian security guard. Why would Hungary want you?

Good question.  Maybe the 16 years in the military/security field.

Some of my work was with Biometrics (BATS), I also have some Cyber Security experience (though not a lot and no certificates).  I am also pretty quick with languages.  Not fluent if I don't use them, but I am pretty quick at picking them up if I am prolonged in my exposure to them. 

I would say I have a great teacher, but that wouldn't be modest. Ninja

So really, to answer your question, I don't know if that is enough to be allowed in.  I do have some other things that they might find valuable, however you mustn't be offended if I tell you that those things are none of your business. 

(02-27-2016, 04:47 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Good question.  Maybe the 16 years in the military/security field.

Some of my work was with Biometrics (BATS), I also have some Cyber Security experience (though not a lot and no certificates).  I am also pretty quick with languages.  Not fluent if I don't use them, but I am pretty quick at picking them up if I am prolonged in my exposure to them. 

I would say I have a great teacher, but that wouldn't be modest. Ninja

So really, to answer your question, I don't know if that is enough to be allowed in.  I do have some other things that they might find valuable, however you mustn't be offended if I tell you that those things are none of your business. 

So a high school drop out with a GED who has worked as an Army clerk and a security guard.  Do you think Hungary has a high demand for former US Army clerks who couldn't manage to make it beyond E-5 in eight years?  Or security guards?  Or someone with an X-linked recessive genetic mutation?

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Sovereign Nation - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 05:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So a high school drop out with a GED who has worked as an Army clerk and a security guard.  Do you think Hungary has a high demand for former US Army clerks who couldn't manage to make it beyond E-5 in eight years?  Or security guards?  Or someone with an X-linked recessive genetic mutation?

You are all caught up in me. 

It is cute, but I am married.

(02-27-2016, 05:50 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You are all caught up in me. 

It is cute, but I am married.

Yes, you of all people would think that means I want to **** you.  

Hilarious

(02-27-2016, 06:14 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes, you of all people would think that means I want to **** you.  

Hilarious

Yet you can't resist talking about me.

I am flattered, really, but I am not interested.

(02-27-2016, 06:20 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yet you can't resist talking about me.

I am flattered, really, but I am not interested.

So you've been reduced to fictional homoerotic fantasies to distract us away from your lack of success in school and the military?  I guess the reason you don't want Manny the Gardener is because you're afraid he will steal your job.  You failed at school.  You failed at the military.  Why do you think you're better than a gardener?

(02-27-2016, 06:38 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you've been reduced to fictional homoerotic fantasies to distract us away from your lack of success in school and the military?  I guess the reason you don't want Manny the Gardener is because you're afraid he will steal your job.  You failed at school.  You failed at the military.  Why do you think you're better than a gardener?

Only you could be so negative about a person who despite dropping out and getting GED, served in the Military and is a combat vet, and has a job.

Why are you so interested in me Jim?  Why do you think I failed at anything?  You fail much in you life, and can't help but to project you own inadequacies onto me? 

Sorry to disappoint you.  I am far from a failure.

RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - Rotobeast - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 04:47 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Some of my work was with Biometrics (BATS)

Just curious.... were you one of the cats that traded water to people who submitted to facial/retinal scans, after having their infrastructure knocked out ? Or was that strictly PsyOp ?