Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
People are stupid.

Safety is always paramount.

I crawl into peoples asses for muzzle-sweeping with brand new guns at big box stores.
Wowza. The USMC drilled weapon safety into my brain. That video made my butt pucker.
But if we banned guns because of stupidity we would have to ban freedom of speech and driving and certain countries and some lives.
Stupidity? All I saw was a bunch of freedom in that video! But seriously, yuck it up now because when the King of Tonga comes waltzing into your house and starts to push you around you're gonna be all like "Save me, idiots with guns!"
(02-18-2016, 10:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Stupidity?  All I saw was a bunch of freedom in that video!  But seriously, yuck it up now because when the King of Tonga comes waltzing into your house and starts to push you around you're gonna be all like "Save me, idiots with guns!"

Nope.....

I'll defeat him.............. with my nudity.
Ninja
Yep, those are definitely people that need some serious training.

Guns are not toys. They aren't cool to play with. They have a purpose and to ignore that purpose is what gets people in trouble.

Another thing that I see that pisses me off is when guys thinks it is funny giving a weapon to a girl that they know can't handle the kick to. I am always telling those guys that guns aren't toys and that if they think it funny to do something like that then they shouldn't be using them.
To bad it is impossible to pass a law requiring all gun owners to pass a gun safety test because that would be.  .  .  THE FIRST STEP TOWARD TAKING ALL OUR GUNS AWAY!!!!
In a neighboring community, they just dug two 'high powered rifle' rounds out of a lady's house. The second round almost hit a contractor working there.

The sheriff's department did some sheriffing and found three off-duty police officers target shooting in a gravel pit. I don't know the distance, but it wasn't anywhere very close, which makes me wonder WTH they were firing (the sheriff's department hasn't released that as they haven't pressed charges yet). The officers swear they were shooting into the backtop (quarry walls), but that doesn't make any sense.

And I've mentioned before, in my neighborhood something similar happened. The police used a spot behind the house I live in for target practice. A cop emptied a clip in the air and some of the rounds came down into my neighbor's house about a mile away.
(02-19-2016, 02:41 PM)Benton Wrote: In a neighboring community, they just dug two 'high powered rifle' rounds out of a lady's house. The second round almost hit a contractor working there.

The sheriff's department did some sheriffing and found three off-duty police officers target shooting in a gravel pit. I don't know the distance, but it wasn't anywhere very close, which makes me wonder WTH they were firing (the sheriff's department hasn't released that as they haven't pressed charges yet). The officers swear they were shooting into the backtop (quarry walls), but that doesn't make any sense.

And I've mentioned before, in my neighborhood something similar happened. The police used a spot behind the house I live in for target practice. A cop emptied a clip in the air and some of the rounds came down into my neighbor's house about a mile away.

I used to live on a plot of lande surrounded on two sides by cow pastures.  A friend of mine used to come up there to shoot.  But we both agreed it was not a good idea to bust out his high powered rifles.  He had a semi auto that shot something like a .30 06.  Even though we were shooting downhill into a berm that shielded the cow pastures a shell like that could do a lot of damage if it ricocheted off a rock on the ground.
The guy holding the gun out in front of him? What was the plan?
Where was the bikini top girl shooting? Looked like a damned park.
And the first guy who got his hat shot off. Was that a richochet?
The 2nd guy who got his hat shot off will be dead soon. That kind of
stupid will get it sooner or later.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-19-2016, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To bad it is impossible to pass a law requiring all gun owners to pass a gun safety test

I'm a firearm guy and I'm all for this.
ThumbsUp
(02-19-2016, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I used to live on a plot of lande surrounded on two sides by cow pastures.  A friend of mine used to come up there to shoot.  But we both agreed it was not a good idea to bust out his high powered rifles.  He had a semi auto that shot something like a .30 06.  Even though we were shooting downhill into a berm that shielded the cow pastures a shell like that could do a lot of damage if it ricocheted off a rock on the ground.

Browning BAR, maybe ?
[Image: RIFLEBAR02.jpg]
(02-19-2016, 03:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The guy holding the gun out in front of him?  What was the plan?
Where was the bikini top girl shooting?  Looked like a damned park.  
And the first guy who got his hat shot off.  Was that a richochet?  
The 2nd guy who got his hat shot off will be dead soon.  That kind of
stupid will get it sooner or later.

No, it is the concussion from the muzzle blast. 
(02-19-2016, 10:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm a firearm guy and I'm all for this.
ThumbsUp

For me it is about who is going to pay for it.

You see, I am all for training and safety.  However, I am not for paying any fees to do something that I have the right to do.

Do we have some idiots out there?  Yep, they will probably kill themselves one day. 

I don't feel sorry for them.  If they don't know not to drink and shoot guns, then that shows their stupidity.  If someone who isn't drinking sees a drunk person handle a gun and doesn't intervene, then that is on them.

While I will chew out anyone that is near me that isn't following proper protocols on gun safety, I don't think making a law to make people pass a test, will work.  The fallacy that is being made about the people in this video is that "None of them are trained".  Some of them could be trained and are just that dumb.

I think if you wanted to make it mandatory to be trained.  Then there should be a class taught in public school.  Also any training that can be verified to be used in place of the state run training.
(02-20-2016, 03:42 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: ...I don't think making a law to make people pass a test, will work. The fallacy that is being made about the people in this video is that "None of them are trained". Some of them could be trained and are just that dumb.

I think if you wanted to make it mandatory to be trained.  Then there should be a class taught in public school.  Also any training that can be verified to be used in place of the state run training.

You could basically make this exact same argument about voting.
(02-20-2016, 06:09 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You could basically make this exact same argument about voting.

True. 
(02-20-2016, 03:42 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: For me it is about who is going to pay for it.

You see, I am all for training and safety.  However, I am not for paying any fees to do something that I have the right to do.

Do we have some idiots out there?  Yep, they will probably kill themselves one day. 

I don't feel sorry for them.  If they don't know not to drink and shoot guns, then that shows their stupidity.  If someone who isn't drinking sees a drunk person handle a gun and doesn't intervene, then that is on them.

While I will chew out anyone that is near me that isn't following proper protocols on gun safety, I don't think making a law to make people pass a test, will work.  The fallacy that is being made about the people in this video is that "None of them are trained".  Some of them could be trained and are just that dumb.

Understandable.
We had a hunter safety course at my high school. 
(02-20-2016, 06:09 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: You could basically make this exact same argument about voting.

It's sad when you think about how many uninformed voters have had training of sorts by taking a class on government in high school. I know every student in my high school took it.

(02-19-2016, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To bad it is impossible to pass a law requiring all gun owners to pass a gun safety test because that would be.  .  .  THE FIRST STEP TOWARD TAKING ALL OUR GUNS AWAY!!!!

We could easily do this by making it a graduation requirement for high school.
(02-20-2016, 03:42 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: For me it is about who is going to pay for it.

I have preached this on these boards for quite a while now. Glad to see someone else sees a common sense solution.