Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - MasonDT70 - 04-29-2023

Hoping for Roschon Johnson and whylie tomorrow.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:18 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The problem is, our defense was truly never the problem in all but one loss. 

In 4/5 losses we scored 20 or less points, while the defense gave up 23 or less points in those 4 games. 

Our offense has just as much room to improve as our defense, yet only truly improved in one position. We also have added no depth on the offense. 

I’m sure these guys will be good, but our seasons have ended because the Offense couldn’t get it done when it mattered, not because of our defense.

We got no pressure on Mahomes. We lost 2 safeties. The Bengals aren’t making decisions that impact a long run at the top.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: So did ZT explain how the weakest RB room in the NFL is going to get teams out of 2 high? Because that was a MAJOR need area as it took all the explosion out of the offense.

Who is left at RB with speed that can catch the ball out of the backfield? Keaton Mitchell would be a great grab for us if he is still out there?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You don’t get stocking up on DB’s in the modern NFL? Did you enjoy watching guys like LaShaun Sims and Darius Phillips play a significant amount of snaps?

There’s a whole lot of valuable real estate from your extreme position to what the Bengals did. They took, what - 4 DBS last year? 2 out of 3 picks this year on DBS? We made peace with it last year because we knew we were losing Bates.

They’re already well clear of Sims and Phillips territory. Not even in the same continent.

If you’re gonna stack depth, stack it at OL. Do you not recall the situation comedy we’ve had on the OL the last few years. Should have taken a TE. We’re one injury away from a really injury prone player to having Drew Sample as the starting TE. That’s bad roster management. Could use more LB depth. Take one DB if you feel it’s a must.

I don’t like letting KC leapfrog us, then sit idly by when the damn steelers did what everyone suspected they might, and steal the best legitimate TE on the board.

I don’t like what they did today. The franchise isn’t doomed, but they had a chance to do some really good things tonight and they didn’t.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - BobJones4980 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:18 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Staying in my salty ***** way, I agree with Synric and we got cute and screwed ourselves not selecting DW...

But like Bfine says, news came out lately about some Georgia players we just don't know about and there is a reason DW fell this far.

Hope bad things for the stealers as always.

Battle could be a stud for us though, so not bitching and be a salty ***** anymore.  Mellow

I mean we're talking about a 6'7 266 pound TE that has a questionable injury history and a current knee injury. A man that size that has foot and knee issues already is not a good combination. 

"NFL insider Aaron Wilson highlights a knee injury that NFL teams are reportedly weary of regarding Washington's football future."

But if we wanna go with the theory that we got cute and the Steelers stole him based off nothing but a feeling then I guess we go with that.

Also anyway they plan on giving more looks at CB to Dax and using the other guys at S? Not sure what the plan is with that.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - 007BengalsFan - 04-29-2023

(04-28-2023, 11:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Struggling to see the vision here. RT in complete flux, no starting caliber TE, and rapidly declining RB not addressed, however going after a positions that have several starters in front of the ones they are drafting???? Just don’t get it

Drafting a safety in the 3rd just shows the messed up not getting Vonn Bell re-signed and the guys they were able to land in free agency they were not completely happy with.  If Bell had been re-signed the Bengals dont make that pick.  They messed up with Bell and had to address that issue in the draft.

(04-29-2023, 12:24 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Hoping for Roschon Johnson and whylie tomorrow.

Also like Luepke at RB and Durham/Kuntz but damn would Keaton Mitchell be a great grab...

I want a Sproles type to make teams pay for playing 2 high against Burrow and our WR's.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:22 AM)Burma Wrote: Hey! I paid my way through my male exotic dancer and phrenologist program selling wine coolers by St Joseph's.  Now take your hat off and sit back.  I am on the clock.

I wouldn't normally, but the wife is in the other room asleep and I did imbibe a whole 24 oz of Genesee Cream Ale tonight. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:17 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They will move him

And who is playing RT?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Frank Booth - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:21 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We went from, he’s out next Vonn Bell to he’s not good really quick. It’s how people cope

this whole site is non stop cope lol

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Essex Johnson - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:19 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Mixon is walking around tonight with a huge smile on his face no doubt.

And a gun in his hand

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - RunKijanaRun - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:24 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We got no pressure on Mahomes. We lost 2 safeties. The Bengals aren’t making decisions that impact a long run at the top.

And yet they still beat them the 4th consecutive time with a fairly officiated game. You don’t beat Mahomes by blitzing constantly.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:25 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I mean we're talking about a 6'7 266 pound TE that has a questionable injury history and a current knee injury. A man that size that has foot and knee issues already is not a good combination. 

"NFL insider Aaron Wilson highlights a knee injury that NFL teams are reportedly weary of regarding Washington's football future."

But if we wanna go with the theory that we got cute and the Steelers stole him based off nothing but a feeling then I guess we go with that.

Also anyway they plan on giving more looks at CB to Dax and using the other guys at S? Not sure what the plan is with that.

The Bengals are playing chess not checkers. Hill will eventually replace Hilton.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Frank Booth - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:21 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ll bet you a $25 Chilis Gift Card

make it $50 to Houlihans

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:25 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I mean we're talking about a 6'7 266 pound TE that has a questionable injury history and a current knee injury. A man that size that has foot and knee issues already is not a good combination. 

Its happened before with Drew Sample and Irv Smith.

Yea maybe Dax Hill will take over slot corner in a couple years when Hilton's contract is up.

Hmmm, I will go with the prior, makes more sense that DW has some knee problems and hope that is so now that he is with the stealers.

Nothing against DW, but he is a stealer now, all is fair and you are hated by us boyz big time just by the team that picked you.

When you sign that first contract, you be devil fodder. Mellow

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - SladeX - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:25 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There’s a whole lot of valuable real estate from your extreme position to what the Bengals did. They took, what - 4 DBS last year? 2 out of 3 picks this year on DBS? We made peace with it last year because we knew we were losing Bates.

They’re already well clear of Sims and Phillips territory. Not even in the same continent.

If you’re gonna stack depth, stack it at OL. Do you not recall the situation comedy we’ve had on the OL the last few years. Should have taken a TE. We’re one injury away from a really injury prone player to having Drew Sample as the starting TE. That’s bad roster management. Could use more LB depth. Take one DB if you feel it’s a must.

I don’t like letting KC leapfrog us, then sit idly by when the damn steelers did what everyone suspected they might, and steal the best legitimate TE on the board.

I don’t like what they did today. The franchise isn’t doomed, but they had a chance to do some really good things tonight and they didn’t.

I’m glad we didn’t draft yet ANOTHER injured player.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-29-2023

Battle tested poorly at the combine. In some areas.

Mostly due to broad/high jump scores that were low, very poor explosion. Poor agility (cone/shuttle). Height/weight good. Speed was great (8-9 range) in 40, 20, and 10. For a FS/CF type, I can live with that.

40 time (4.55), 20 (2.62), 10 (1.55).

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:27 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals are playing chess not checkers. Hill will eventually replace Hilton.

The Bengals are playing 3d Tic Tac Toe for the Atari 2600.

[Image: 3-D_Tic-Tac-Toe-2600.png]

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Housh - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I like Battle as a prospect but the path to him seeing the field on defense is murky with Dax Hill and Nick Scott already in the lineup for up to 3 years which is most of Battle's rookie contract they could possible be drafting a 4 year special teams player at 92.

My initial guess is one of those safeties will have TE man coverage duty.

I see no zone package where taking a linebacker off for Battle would be smart.