Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Will we see players kneel? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Will we see players kneel? (/Thread-Will-we-see-players-kneel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Will you be a Bengals fan if the players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:14 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: You get racist out that? wow

Absolutely, double standard.   You judged and insulted a whole group of people you don't know.  That's about as racist as it gets.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Nately120 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:15 PM)McC Wrote: Wanna stop being victimized by police?  Stop committing crimes and being arrested.  It ain't really all that complicated.

Well it isn't a crime to kneel during the anthem do I guess this is a step in the right direction. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - bfine32 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Who is saying get rid of cops entirely? No one. Stop building a false strawman for your bad argument. 
What kind of person would try to build a strawman?
(09-24-2017, 04:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So you still don't have an answer. Got it. You are okay with senseless murder because they wear a badge

Good to know. 

Will we see players kneel? - MasonDT70 - 09-24-2017

As an avid reader of this forum, is there a particular reason this is still in Jungle noise and not in PnR? While I may foray into PnR to read I come to jungle noise to read about the Bengals. This seems to have gotten away from that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RE: Will we see players kneel? - pally - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Because no Bengals kneeled. I said then I would be done if they did.

so in other words,  you only object to Bengals players protesting during the anthem.  It is ok for the rest of the NFL.

(09-24-2017, 04:50 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: As an avid reader of this forum, is there a particular reason this is still in Jungle noise and not in PnR? While I may foray into PnR to read I come to jungle noise to read about the Bengals. This seems to have gotten away from that.

Football and politics are one now.  If the president can't let it be how can we?

RE: Will we see players kneel? - McC - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well it isn't a crime to kneel during the anthem do I guess this is a step in the right direction. 
Did I say it was a crime?  What point are you trying to make?

(09-24-2017, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: Did I say it was a crime?  What point are you trying to make?

Just that we should ignore it and stop getting sandy vajayjays.  Or go ape. Its a free county. Sorta. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - MasonDT70 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Football and politics are one now.  If the president can't let it be how can we?
Because we're better than that.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - BonnieBengal - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:52 PM)pally Wrote: so in other words,  you only object to Bengals players protesting during the anthem.  It is ok for the rest of the NFL.

No it's because as long as no Bengals kneeled o could still root for a team that wasn't disrespectful of our country.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Shake n Blake - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 04:50 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: As an avid reader of this forum, is there a particular reason this is still in Jungle noise and not in PnR? While I may foray into PnR to read I come to jungle noise to read about the Bengals. This seems to have gotten away from that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A Sarcasm using Tapatalk

(A) We decided to let this one run on today, partly due to the widespread NFL protests. It will be the only time a political thread makes it in JN. Don't expect this to be a new theme.

(B) The mods aren't paid for this crap. We have jobs and responsibilities. I'm busy right now, but will be going over this thread, cleaning it up and possibly moving it when I get home...depending on how bad it is.

© If you have any questions, please PM a mod in the future. Thanks! 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - bfine32 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 11:08 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't give a damn about any of the kneeling before the game...but I sure as hell would like to see the Bengals kneeling at the end. 

Hey you got your wish. Too bad about overtime though, 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - MasonDT70 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 11:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: (A) We decided to let this one run on today, partly due to the widespread NFL protests. It will be the only time a political thread makes it in JN. Don't expect this to be a new theme.

(B) The mods aren't paid for this crap. We have jobs and responsibilities. I'm busy right now, but will be going over this thread, cleaning it up and possibly moving it when I get home...depending on how bad it is.

© If you have any questions, please PM a mod in the future. Thanks! 
Ok thanks for the info.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-25-2017

So I've been at work all day, and unfortunately saw them lose in OT on my "lunch" break (it's really dinner for me.)  I admit I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my two pennies...

I'm super happy that I live in a country that everyone has the freedom to protest (non-violently of course) whether that is kneeling for the anthem or otherwise with no retaliation from the government.  I'm also super happy that you all can debate it endlessly without similar retaliation.  Ain't freedom grand!  I think so, people gave their lives for it.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - WeezyBengal - 09-25-2017

(09-24-2017, 11:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Like I said if they kneel I'm out. My uncle died for this country and his coffin was wrapped in that flag and that's what it's about for me.

With all due respect, your uncle died for this country protecting the rights and freedoms that these players are exhibiting. THATS what makes America great. People have the freedom to do this and to stand up for what they believe in. 

I am for the players kneeling. People are confused by the message being sent. The message isnt about disrespecting the flag, military, or the US, its about standing up for a racial injustice. The players themselves have come out and said its not about disrespecting the flag, its about getting their point across and standing up for this injustive. Therefore, I dont take it as disrespect. 

That being said, I think the players made a mistake in the method that have chosen to get their message out there. The message is being lost with the the method in which they chose to communicate the message. No one is even talking about why this was being done in the first place (racial injustice) and everyone is talking about how its disrespectful to our flag. The original message has been completely lost. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Luvnit2 - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 10:26 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: With all due respect, your uncle died for this country protecting the rights and freedoms that these players are exhibiting. THATS what makes America great. People have the freedom to do this and to stand up for what they believe in. 

I am for the players kneeling. People are confused by the message being sent. The message isnt about disrespecting the flag, military, or the US, its about standing up for a racial injustice. The players themselves have come out and said its not about disrespecting the flag, its about getting their point across and standing up for this injustive. Therefore, I dont take it as disrespect. 

That being said, I think the players made a mistake in the method that have chosen to get their message out there. The message is being lost with the the method in which they chose to communicate the message. No one is even talking about why this was being done in the first place (racial injustice) and everyone is talking about how its disrespectful to our flag. The original message has been completely lost. 

I agree, everyone has a right to protest. The huge mistake was using our flag and anthem as the vehicle. The NFL botched this when Kaep started it by saying police are pigs and then took a knee in protest. He started the debate squarely against all police and then used the flag and anthem as his platform tool.

Just as an NFL player has a right to be do a divisive and peaceful protest, our President has a right to voice his opinion on their decision and suggest consequences for their actions.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - BmorePat87 - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, everyone has a right to protest. The huge mistake was using our flag and anthem as the vehicle. The NFL botched this when Kaep started it by saying police are pigs and then took a knee in protest. He started the debate squarely against all police and then used the flag and anthem as his platform tool.

Just as an NFL player has a right to be do a divisive and peaceful protest, our President has a right to voice his opinion on their decision and suggest consequences for their actions.

I can't disagree with much that you said, just add on. The government sought to use the NFL as a marketing ploy of sorts, funding these huge patriotic displays, so they interjected themselves into all of this. With regards to Trump, the line between citizen and executive is incredibly blurred in the role of the President, so much so that it's hard to argue anything he says in office is not a direct position of the executive branch. For that reason, why he as a citizen enjoys the freedom to express his opinion, he also opens himself up to criticism and potentially legal issues for stating things like he hopes employers fire people for protesting peacefully. 

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 10:26 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am for the players kneeling. People are confused by the message being sent. The message isnt about disrespecting the flag, military, or the US, its about standing up for a racial injustice. The players themselves have come out and said its not about disrespecting the flag, its about getting their point across and standing up for this injustive. Therefore, I dont take it as disrespect.

Except it is disrespect, or else why would they stand for the UK national anthem?  The UK has at least as bloody and racist past as the United States, so why stand for their anthem? 

Quote:That being said, I think the players made a mistake in the method that have chosen to get their message out there. The message is being lost with the the method in which they chose to communicate the message. No one is even talking about why this was being done in the first place (racial injustice) and everyone is talking about how its disrespectful to our flag. The original message has been completely lost. 

The message is being lost because it was never really the message to begin with.  Kaepernick started this protest and he irrevocably tainted it with his pig cops socks, his Castro shirt/rhetoric and his racist, radical, girlfriend's tweets.  Colin made this form of protest about being anti-America, it is now forever tainted in that regard and anyone with a pair of eyes and ears is aware of that.  Participation in this form of protest carries that baggage now, do so knowing this.

RE: Will we see players kneel? - Luvnit2 - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 11:11 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except it is disrespect, or else why would they stand for the UK national anthem?  The UK has at least as bloody and racist past as the United States, so why stand for their anthem? 

The message is being lost because it was never really the message to begin with.  Kaepernick started this protest and he irrevocably tainted it with his pig cops socks, his Castro shirt/rhetoric and his racist, radical, girlfriend's tweets.  Colin made this form of protest about being anti-America, it is now forever tainted in that regard and anyone with a pair of eyes and ears is aware of that.  Participation in this form of protest carries that baggage now, do so knowing this.

Well stated

RE: Will we see players kneel? - GMDino - 09-25-2017

(09-25-2017, 11:11 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except it is disrespect, or else why would they stand for the UK national anthem?  The UK has at least as bloody and racist past as the United States, so why stand for their anthem? 

My guess is that the difference is they are not from the UK so they are not making a statement about there.

(09-25-2017, 11:11 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The message is being lost because it was never really the message to begin with.  Kaepernick started this protest and he irrevocably tainted it with his pig cops socks, his Castro shirt/rhetoric and his racist, radical, girlfriend's tweets.  Colin made this form of protest about being anti-America, it is now forever tainted in that regard and anyone with a pair of eyes and ears is aware of that.  Participation in this form of protest carries that baggage now, do so knowing this.

This past Sunday was a result of the POTUS' comments. Period.

The attempt to tie it directly to them somehow all supporting Kaepernick and his socks is wrong and a diversion.