Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries (/Thread-Trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-%E2%80%98s-hole%E2%80%99-countries)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 06:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is that based solely on how nice they are for a vacation?

Edit: A quick search seems to be saying that these two fall under the "poor" reasoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldova#Economy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina#Economy

I have actually been to Moldova. It’s not a great place. Had some nice wine there though.

I have not been to Bosnia but a friend has and he said it was ok just meh.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 07:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except that is not what he said at all.

He never mentioned the Raise Act.  He mentioned getting more people from Norway.  That is 100% based on counytry of origin.

The policy he is advocating with Meadows and Cotton is in fact the raise act. I doubt Durbin is going into detail about this considering it was a stunt to run out and make a jerk of himself.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - GMDino - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have actually been to Moldova.   It’s not a great place. Had some nice wine there though.  

I have not been to Bosnia but a friend has and he said it was ok just meh.

So "not great" and "just meh" = ****hole?

(01-24-2018, 07:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't think Trump said it because they're black, I think he's just ignorant on Africa and gets a lot of his talking points from Stephen Miller. Miller is absolutely racist and the fact that he is the one leading the conversation on immigration policy is alarming. So when the President derides an entire continent as being a "shithole", I worry what this slime ball whispers to him that is derailing all bipartisan efforts. Someone who has spent his life since high school publicly railing against Latinos, Muslims, diversity, and feminism while hanging out with the now leader of the White Supremacist movement has no place in our government.

Also, just read his article trashing Durham. That town kicks ass.

I used to think we couldn’t have someone who spent years hanging out with terrorists and cop killers were Not fit for public office. Yet that didn’t stop obama from being president.

Being pro merit based immigration doesn’t make you a white supremecists. You are, as usual, jumping the shark.

(01-24-2018, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: So "not great" and "just meh" = ****hole?

You asked for a white country s-hole. Tossed in a former Soviet country since you love to trash those people.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - bfine32 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You asked for a white country s-hole.  Tossed in a former Soviet country since you love to trash those people.

You provided him with exact answers to the questions asked in his attempt to prove racism. It proved your point and discredited his.

So what did you expect:

A. An earnest admittance that you proved your point

B. Obscuration

C. A moving Goal Post

D. Both B and C

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - GMDino - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You asked for a white country s-hole.  Tossed in a former Soviet country since you love to trash those people.

That you did!  But where you failed was to say what is a ****hole country.

First it was a place you wouldn't take your family on vacation...but you went to one of these and had a friend that went to the other.

And you described these two as "not great" and "just meh".  Not as ****hole countries.

So my question remains unchanged:  What is a ****hole country?  Then we can determine if these two fit the bill.

(01-24-2018, 09:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You provided him with exact answers to the questions asked in his attempt to prove racism. It proved your point and discredited his.

So what did you expect:

A. An earnest admittance that you proved your point

B. Obscuration

C. A moving Goal Post

D. Both B and C

Looks like it’s D

(01-24-2018, 09:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Looks like it’s D

Looks like you can't answer the question.

Thanks anyway!  Have a great night!

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-25-2018

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/23/ugandan-president-backs-trump-shithole-comments-he-speaks-to-africans-frankly/

Ofc this president must be racist then right?

Ugandan President Yoweri K. Museveni .....

Quote:“I love Trump because he speaks to Africans frankly,” Museveni said during a meeting of the East African Legislative Assembly (EALA). “I don’t know if he was misquoted or whatever. He talks about Africans’ weaknesses frankly.”

In a later tweet, Museveni reiterated his message, arguing that “Africans need to solve their problems.”

“Donald Trump speaks to Africa frankly. Africans need to solve their problems,” he wrote. “You can’t survive if you are weak. It is the Africans’ fault that they are weak.”

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - StLucieBengal - 01-25-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Looks like you can't answer the question.

Thanks anyway!  Have a great night!

You mean the post that zero sense. Everything asked has already been answered

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Dill - 01-25-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I used to think we couldn’t have someone who spent years hanging out with terrorists and cop killers were Not fit for public office.   Yet that didn’t stop obama from being president.  

Being pro merit based immigration doesn’t make you a white supremecists.  You are, as usual, jumping the shark.

OBama didn't "hang out" with terrorists and cop killers.   And he proved to be a dignified president who did the office and the US credit.

Trump doesn't know anything about government and embarrasses the nation daily. Yet that doesn't stop some Americans from supporting him.

Racism makes a person a racist, and racists make race a criterion for merit.

(01-25-2018, 02:02 AM)Dill Wrote: OBama didn't "hang out" with terrorists and cop killers.   And he proved to be a dignified president who did the office and the US credit.

Trump doesn't know anything about government and embarrasses the nation daily. Yet that doesn't stop some Americans from supporting him.

Oh you must have missed where he started his political career in the home of Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers. Cop killing terrorists who blew up the NYC police headquarters.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - GMDino - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 02:02 AM)Dill Wrote: OBama didn't "hang out" with terrorists and cop killers.   And he proved to be a dignified president who did the office and the US credit.

C'mon Dill!

Good Christians KNOW you should avoid bad people!  Just like Jesus did.   Mellow

All seriousness aside it doesn't matter what good Obama did.  To some people, with a particular slant, he will always be the guy who didn't have enough experience and dared to be smart and not have any personal scandals.

He knew criminals!  He never should have been president!  Unlike Trump!  He's as clean as the new fallen snow...  Smirk

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - BmorePat87 - 01-25-2018

(01-24-2018, 09:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I used to think we couldn’t have someone who spent years hanging out with terrorists and cop killers were Not fit for public office.   Yet that didn’t stop obama from being president.  

Being pro merit based immigration doesn’t make you a white supremecists.  You are, as usual, jumping the shark.

When accusing someone of jumping the shark, don't jump the shark in the very same post. 

(01-25-2018, 10:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When accusing someone of jumping the shark, don't jump the shark in the very same post. 

Or as normal people would call it... educating Dill on Obama’s ties to terrorists and cop killers

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - Belsnickel - 01-25-2018

Found an interesting article on points-based immigration systems: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/19/points-based-immigration-racism

(01-25-2018, 02:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Found an interesting article on points-based immigration systems: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/19/points-based-immigration-racism

Yeah i have read those complaints before. People from india seem to do ok. And that country is a s-hole.

The point is not to let the uneducated and unskilled in this country. The same uneducated/unskilled Russian isn’t getting in here either.

And family based immigration is fine. But it needs to be limited to the nuclear family. Elderly parents should also be under consideration for a travel visa. No cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 01-25-2018

So I've skimmed through the thread and could respond to individual posts, but I've come late to the party. So I'll just post my opinion in general on the subject.

First of all, I don't really have a problem with shithole countries being called shithole countries. They are what they are. However where the hell else do some of you expect people to come here from? Norway? Really? Norway is ranked toward the top in quality of life. Why the **** would they want to come here unless it was something job specific?

In general people immigrate to improve their quality of life. It is not a decision made lightly either. It is not easy giving up every thing you've ever known.

RE: Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘s***hole’ countries - fredtoast - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 10:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh you must have missed where he started his political career in the home of Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers.   Cop killing terrorists who blew up the NYC police headquarters.

He did not start his career in there home. This is a complete lie.

He did not even know them until 1995 when they were respectable citizens.  He had absolutely nothing to do with any of their violent radical agenda. 

Why would any of this make him unfit to be President?