Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019

Not really a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - HarleyDog - 01-01-2019

Hope we don’t choose him but we shall see.

RE: Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - psychdoctor - 01-01-2019

Bengals need a new DC. Maybe Joseph would be a good fit for that opening.

RE: Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bfine32 - 01-01-2019

Does this fulfill the Rooney Rule?

RE: Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - The Real Deal - 01-01-2019

No. No. No. No!

RE: Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - Socal Bengals fan - 01-01-2019

Noooooo!!!!

RE: Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bengalfan74 - 01-01-2019

He's not very high on the list for me. I'd rather see him at DC

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BengalB - 01-02-2019

(01-01-2019, 05:56 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd take Mcdaniels just cause I know he isn't afraid to get in somebody's ass. Something these guys have needed for awhile.

He's the only one I'm remotely excited about...

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - BengalB - 01-02-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:18 PM)jason Wrote: He wrecked Denver. Upon arrival he immediately pissed off Jay Cutler (seems easy to do, but still). He did a little Spygate 2.0 as well.... Then just last year, he took the Colts job only to back out of it.

At this point, I don't care. If he can come here, and win then cool. He's just far from my first choice.

(01-01-2019, 04:09 PM)McC Wrote: Good point.  Since they're going after the kind of guys they are, and given all the competition out there for those guys, maybe it means they could be willing to do that.

I live in Colorado, just south of Denver.

I can confirm, he did wreck the Broncos. Great fan base out here, really awesome game/stadium experience. They deserve better.

(01-01-2019, 04:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good to see who they are interviewing. But there are 7 other teams looking for a new HC as well. And 3 or 4 of those teams look more attractive for a HC candidate imo.

If the Bengals are going to hire one of the top favs, they will have to concede some of their operating ways, and promise changes. They had to concede some with Marvin 17 years ago, now they will have to do more even.

This is why after an "exhaustive search" Hue will get the HC gig...

It would be great to get any of the guys mentioned in the OP but, come on, y'all have to know it's not going to happen because of two words: Mike Brown.

I think Marvin had gained some control over the years and then Mikey took it back over the last 2-3 years...

No way he gives up any control to someone he doesn't really know...

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Shake n Blake - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 12:33 AM)BengalB Wrote: I live in Colorado, just south of Denver.

I can confirm, he did wreck the Broncos. Great fan base out here, really awesome game/stadium experience. They deserve better.

First back-to-back losing seasons for Denver since '71-72. Say what you will about Elway, but the only time that happened to him was with Vance as HC.

I don't see how anyone could look at Hue and cringe, yet look at Vance like he's much better.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Shake n Blake - 01-02-2019

(01-01-2019, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does this fulfill the Rooney Rule?

He an external minority candidate, so he fills the Rooney rule. 

Seeing how we've been linked to a bunch of offensive minded candidates, it would seem that's why we're interviewing him.

I hope.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Essex Johnson - 01-02-2019

Elway put denver on this course with no QB, in the two seasons under Vance , the QBs had 37 TD and 37 InTs in 32 games, OMG

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nicomo Cosca - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 12:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: First back-to-back losing seasons for Denver since '71-72. Say what you will about Elway, but the only time that happened to him was with Vance as HC.

I don't see how anyone could look at Hue and cringe, yet look at Vance like he's much better.

Joseph is nowhere near the top of my list, but I’ve never heard a bad word about him personally. Hue otoh seems like a real POS.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - I_C_DeadPeople - 01-02-2019

f you are going to do a full and open search you uncover many stones. No harm in looking but the fan base would reject Vance, not as much as Hue but there is no reason , even a Mikey reason, to hire a failed HC.

(01-02-2019, 01:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Elway put denver on this course with no QB, in the two seasons under Vance , the QBs had 37 TD and 37 InTs in 32 games, OMG

People say this, yet don't excuse Hue in Cleveland...when he had no QB. Or anything at all.

And anyways, guys like Simien played better under different coaches.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - bfine32 - 01-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 01:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joseph is nowhere near the top of my list, but I’ve never heard a bad word about him personally. Hue otoh seems like a real POS.

I didn't like Hue when many were hoping he'd be our HC.

There's a reason Chad punched him in the head at the halftime of the '05 playoff game. IF we bring in Hue as HC I very well become one of Capt. Luck's Soldiers. 

Anybody else and I staying true to the stripes. 

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-02-2019

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-02-2019

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-02-2019

Joseph getting a two-day interview is a bit disconcerting.