Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron

Reply/Quote
Interesting. Looks like the Cardinals want to interview him too.

He's 35 years old.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Okay.  Can he bring Whit back with him?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Interesting. Looks like the Cardinals want to interview him too.

He's 35 years old.

Lap predicted it earlier today. Definitely an interesting and talented young coach.
Reply/Quote
He’s young and limited in experience but he has been part of an innovative organization so it’s interesting. In another thread I said we’d have to take a bit of a gamble and he’d fit that.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:44 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Can he bring Whit back with him?  

Whittworth got hurt yesterday. I hope his knee is OK and he left because game was in hand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Whittworth got hurt yesterday. I hope his knee is OK and he left because game was in hand.

Didn't know that.  Hope it's not serious.  At least he's got a couple weeks to heal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: He’s young and limited in experience but he has been part of an innovative organization so it’s interesting. In another thread I said we’d have to take a bit of a gamble and he’d fit that.

Was the Bearcats OC and QB coach in 2016 as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Was the Bearcats OC and QB coach in 2016 as well.

UC Bearcats?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Was the Bearcats OC and QB coach in 2016 as well.

Interestingly he also was interim OC for the Dolphins after they fired Lazor, Bengals current OC. Such a small world.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

McVay said Taylor will disagree with things he says but in a respectful way. I really like that. We need diversity of opinion here.
Reply/Quote
Atta boy Mikey...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Damn. Somebody drug Mike into the 21st century? Will wonders never cease?

Reply/Quote
I think Zac Taylor and Eric Bieniemy or two names that would excite some of the fan base. I would also bring Vance Joseph in as DC and Keep Marvin Lewis in the Front office as GM assistant.

I don't want Hue Jackson near this team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Has done a great job with Goff who i thought was overrated when drafted.

I like it, a lot. Been under McVay who turned that team around, young.... :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Zac Taylor and Eric Bieniemy or two names that would excite some of the fan base.  I would also bring Vance Joseph in as DC and Keep Marvin Lewis in the Front office as GM assistant.  

I don't want Hue Jackson near this team.

Really anyone external from a winning team.

Maybe they come in and structure our practices differently. Maybe they revamp our S&C program. Lots of good things could come out of it.

Of course, the results may take a while to improve. But, IF we sign a few free agents...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lap predicted it earlier today. Definitely an interesting and talented young coach.

What exactly did he predict ... that Taylor would get the gig? Or that he would get interviewed?

We need someone that will give us a complete fresh start and Taylor would certainly check that box.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:59 PM)ZWP Wrote: What exactly did he predict ... that Taylor would get the gig? Or that he would get interviewed?

Just that the Bengals would interview him, I think.
Reply/Quote
One thing people have to remember about McVay is he had a plan. He brought two coordinators with him that had head coaching experience. Taylor could be a great coach but he will need some veteran coaches around him to help. I’d love a Simmons and Joesph combo as possible veteran guys to stabilize a young coach, assuming he’d want to be OC too like McVay.
Reply/Quote
Also, @TomPelissero reports that Simmons and Lazor will both be interviewed tomorrow.
Reply/Quote