Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(12-31-2018, 07:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Love Zac Taylor idea. Here is a quote from McVay in case no one has posted it.

McVay is effusive in his praise of Taylor. “He’s instrumental in our third-down game-planning. And he doesn’t just agree with everything, he challenges you but in a way that’s very welcoming. Sometimes in the NFL disagreements can be uncomfortable in a staff meeting, but not here. There’s a refreshing security that Zac has in himself. He has great emotional intelligence and awareness for how to communicate in a way that makes peoples’ guards go down. That’s a great trait for a coach to have.” https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches

Gosh, McVay is so articulate and a stand up guy.  He is basically selling Taylor and losing Taylor could be a challenge for him.  Lot of respect for McVay.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I imagine there going to interview a ton of people for the job really hope that Kitchens and Richard are on the list as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Unprovens or no, they will be highly sought after. That's just how the NFL works. Copycat league and all. 

I'll give you that McDaniels is a bigger name. Not sure if he will be more sought after...particularly after what happened with the Colts.

McDanielshas been requested by the Packers...Taylor by the Cardinals. I’d say the level of team competing against for there services says a lot. Again I like those guys but those guys interviewing are exactly who in the other thread I said we could land. Again just being on a good team doesn’t make you a good coach that has been proven by a long list of assistants from SB teams. Hell McDaniels washed out in Denver, but I’ll give him the benefit of Tebow being his QB lol.

As to the Colts thing there is apparently a story there that’s supposed to come out. The Patriots apparently did bump his pay to make him paid almost like a HC was also thrown around.
Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree that any of these names beats the heck out of "Hue Jackson".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:58 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I imagine there going to interview a ton of people for the job really hope that Kitchens and Richard are on the list as well.

While I'm all for getting one of the young offensive minded guys, I'm also a huge Kris Richard fan and think he was born to be a HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think we can all agree that any of these names beats the heck out of "Hue Jackson".

Hell yeah!

[Image: I4VU8Kx.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: McDanielshas been requested by the Packers...Taylor by the Cardinals. I’d say the level of team competing against for there services says a lot. Again I like those guys but those guys interviewing are exactly who in the other thread I said we could land. Again just being on a good team doesn’t make you a good coach that has been proven by a long list of assistants from SB teams. Hell McDaniels washed out in Denver, but I’ll give him the benefit of Tebow being his QB lol.

As to the Colts thing there is apparently a story there that’s supposed to come out. The Patriots apparently did bump his pay to make him paid almost like a HC was also thrown around.

Meh. Packers and Cardinals both sucked this year, so I'm not sure what you mean by level of team. Cardinals and Packers have both been to Super Bowls and multiple NFC championships in the last 10 years, so I think they're both good franchises overall.

I never said the Rams guys were surely good coaches. Just that they'd be highly sought after. As in, they'll have choices. If the Bengals were such a crappy organization with no chance at a popular candidate, why would anyone with an option consider us? That's all I'm saying.

Btw, don't forget that McDaniels had Tebow because he chose Tebow. Traded up for him in fact. I don't mind him sticking around for more pay, but you're only as good as your word. If he gave his word to the Colts, he should've stuck with them regardless of how much the Pats offered. That was an embarrassing mess for Indy, and not their fault.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Packers and Cardinals both sucked this year, so I'm not sure what you mean by level of team. Cardinals and Packers have both been to Super Bowls and multiple NFC championships in the last 10 years, so I think they're both good franchises overall.

I never said the Rams guys were surely good coaches. Just that they'd be highly sought after. As in, they'll have choices. If the Bengals were such a crappy organization with no chance at a popular candidate, why would anyone with an option consider us? That's all I'm saying.

Btw, don't forget that McDaniels had Tebow because he chose Tebow. Traded up for him in fact. 

Packers are a much better organization. Cardinals have been in a bit of a tail spin with questions around their GM who was reprimanded for off field incidents.

There options right now are Cardinals for one and no one for the other. Again, I said this level candidate was in play. Guys who are young unproven and a bit of no names. I said guys like binemy and McDaniels were out of our grasp as they’d have 5 or 6 offers. Someone will take our job, but again there is a huge jump between Rams position guys and McDaniels.

Yea I’d love to hear the whole Tebow story some day in terms of who really drove that decision.
Reply/Quote
Just interviews. Think the Bengals need to sell themselves, as well. The team has a rep, and someone coming here has to know it, think they can change it ( or deal with it ). If they are truly hot candidates, they may have better offers, regardless of cash.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Packers are a much better organization. Cardinals have been in a bit of a tail spin with questions around their GM who was reprimanded for off field incidents.

There options right now are Cardinals for one and no one for the other. Again, I said this level candidate was in play. Guys who are young unproven and a bit of no names. I said guys like binemy and McDaniels were out of our grasp as they’d have 5 or 6 offers. Someone will take our job, but again there is a huge jump between Rams position guys and McDaniels.

Yea I’d love to hear the whole Tebow story some day in terms of who really drove that decision.

Elway was very bi-polar when it came to Tebow, but here's a quote after McDaniels was canned and they were searching for a HC:

"We had personnel meetings this morning with everybody -- with the whole staff -- and got through that and obviously we talked a lot about Tim. I have asked everybody if they had a chance to do the deal over that the Broncos did last year to get Tim (whether they would do it again) and they all said, 'Yes.' I think that he has been everything that everybody expected him to be as far as a person, a man, a leader, and what everybody heard about him -- his intangibles ... I don't think a coach is going to (not want to coach Tebow), to be dead honest with you. Everyone is aware of what Tim Tebow is about and so I think that there is still a question -- obviously you have guys way over here that say there is no way, you have guys over here that think (otherwise) -- there are really not a lot of guys in the middle, but I think that anybody that comes in here and is going to be around Tim Tebow is going to understand that this guy is something special as a man and a person, willing to work with him to give him that opportunity to be the player that he wants. So, I don't believe that anyone is going to come over and say, 'I don't want Tim Tebow.' If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Packers are a much better organization. Cardinals have been in a bit of a tail spin with questions around their GM who was reprimanded for off field incidents.

That's all fluid and highly debatable. Sure the Packers have the banners, but over the last 10 years, I'm not seeing much gap between the Cards and Pack. You could also say that the Packers have an unenviable situation as far as high expectations and a wounded Aaron Rodgers...who didn't get along with the last HC (also a problem).

I get what you are saying, but you seem to be glossing over what I'm saying, which is that these guys will have options..regardless of how you personally view them as candidates. 

Tebow was McDaniel's guy from everything I've read. He pushed Cutler out and wheeled and dealed for Tebow.

This is one: http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12461/mcdaniels-legacy-is-tebow
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Zac Taylor and Eric Bieniemy or two names that would excite some of the fan base.  I would also bring Vance Joseph in as DC and Keep Marvin Lewis in the Front office as GM assistant.  

I don't want Hue Jackson near this team.

Oh i would totally be fired up to have Marvin as our new DC if it wasn't Marvin. He will make a good DC hire somewhere.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's all fluid and highly debatable. Sure the Packers have the banners, but over the last 10 years, I'm not seeing much gap between the Cards and Pack. You could also say that the Packers have an unenviable situation as far as high expectations and a wounded Aaron Rodgers...who didn't get along with the last HC (also a problem).

I get what you are saying, but you seem to be glossing over what I'm saying, which is that these guys will have options..regardless of how you personally view them as candidates. 

Tebow was McDaniel's guy from everything I've read. He pushed Cutler out and wheeled and dealed for Tebow.

This is one: http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12461/mcdaniels-legacy-is-tebow

Tebow was McDaniels' guy, but Elway said that the organization supported the pick, and a year later, they even said they would do it again. Of course, it's hard to say how sincere he was about that, especially given the way he flip-flopped on his opinions. Jerry
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tebow was McDaniels' guy, but Elway said that the organization supported the pick, and a year later, they even said that would do it again.

Elways QB track record is god awful. It’s almost like he knows nothing about playing QB...

Tebow
Osweiller
Lynch
Simeon
Keenum

Just think how much crap we give Marvin for not being able to get LB’s lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Elways QB track record is god awful. It’s almost like he knows nothing about playing QB...

Tebow
Osweiller
Lynch
Simeon
Keenum

Yeah, he's definitely had issues with QB's not named Manning.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: While I'm all for getting one of the young offensive minded guys, I'm also a huge Kris Richard fan and think he was born to be a HC.

Same here Holic.

(12-31-2018, 08:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hell yeah!

[Image: I4VU8Kx.gif]

Thats what i'm talkin about!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tebow was McDaniels' guy, but Elway said that the organization supported the pick, and a year later, they even said that would do it again. Of course, it's hard to say how sincere he was about that, especially given the way he filp-flopped on his opinions. Jerry

Hard telling. Not only because he's a flip flopper, but because I doubt he'd publicly come out and say "yeah, that was all McDaniel's choice".

(12-31-2018, 08:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Elways QB track record is god awful. It’s almost like he knows nothing about playing QB...

Tebow
Osweiller
Lynch
Simeon

Keemun

I think Tebow was before Elway? Either way, Elway has definitely been a failure outside of riding Peyton for a few years.
Reply/Quote
Wiki has Zac Taylor as the coach of the Cincinnati Bengals. They must have inside info
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised. I thought they'd go straight to Hue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Love Zac Taylor idea. Here is a quote from McVay in case no one has posted it.

McVay is effusive in his praise of Taylor. “He’s instrumental in our third-down game-planning. And he doesn’t just agree with everything, he challenges you but in a way that’s very welcoming. Sometimes in the NFL disagreements can be uncomfortable in a staff meeting, but not here. There’s a refreshing security that Zac has in himself. He has great emotional intelligence and awareness for how to communicate in a way that makes peoples’ guards go down. That’s a great trait for a coach to have.” https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches

Thanks for posting this Bengaloo, i think i like Taylor the best as of right now after that glowing quote from McVay.
Reply/Quote