Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(12-31-2018, 09:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What makes him a scumbag?  I'm not disagreeing with you.  I just don't know what makes him a scumbag.  

After that stunt he pulled in Indy, I wouldn't call him a scumbag, but I wouldn't call him trustworthy or the guy I want as the HC of my favorite team.  

Still, McDaniels > Hue.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Patriots coordinators all tend to struggle outside of the Patriots structure and system.

I think McDaniels is planning to stick around and take over for Belicheck.
Reply/Quote
If they were smart, they wouldn't let Taylor leave the building. Tell him he can bring whatever offensive staff he wants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They won't brother, Sunset set me straight on this one earlier with his common sense.

Hue is Marv's buddy and Hue left to coach the Stains, this doesn't sound like the guy Mikey wants around.

Think it is much sunnier than some of us predicted honestly. Zac Taylor i think would be a great hire.

Lol, brother I don't aim to "set people straight".  I just simply share my thoughts on situations, same as everyone else.  

Sometimes on here, we get caught up in a glut of information and opinions, and it makes it tough to figure out what "I" actually think about any given situation.  That is when I like to step away, and form my own opinion on a matter.  Some times my opinion proves to be right, some times I'm full of crap..  That's how life goes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the best selling point for the Cincinnati Bengals to Garner the attention of a young and upcoming coach would be for Mike Brown to retire.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
So what does the coaching staff do now? Do they all go on vacation or do they sit around and wait to see what happens next?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:06 PM)McC Wrote: So what does the coaching staff do now?  Do they all go on vacation or do they sit around and wait to see what happens next?

The smart ones are talking to their agents looking for opportunities elsewhere. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:06 PM)McC Wrote: So what does the coaching staff do now?  Do they all go on vacation or do they sit around and wait to see what happens next?

I think each coach has their own contract that may be maintained or maybe canceled.  This is what worries me a bit.  A new Young coach like Zac Taylor would want to bring in a lot of his own people to succeed.  

Remember when Marvin Lewis took over the Cincinnati Bengals he inherited some coaches that were not up to par for example Paul Alexander.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hope springs eternal. But question number one in the young, outside candidate interview is, "How would you feel about Paul Alexander as Offensive Line and Assistant Head Coach?"
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think each coach has their own contract that may be maintained or maybe canceled.  This is what worries me a bit.  A new Young coach like Zac Taylor would want to bring in a lot of his own people to succeed.  

Remember when Marvin Lewis took over the Cincinnati Bengals he inherited some coaches that were not up to par for example Paul Alexander.

I hope (doing a lot of hoping) Mike is finally willing to let go of the reigns a bit and allow some leeway with new HC picking his staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think each coach has their own contract that may be maintained or maybe canceled.  This is what worries me a bit.  A new Young coach like Zac Taylor would want to bring in a lot of his own people to succeed.  

Considering the number of coaches hired just last year, if he cleans house, Mike will be paying almost two coaching staffs.  I wouldn't think any of the new guys would be on one year deals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:25 PM)McC Wrote: Considering the number of coaches hired just last year, if he cleans house, Mike will be paying almost two coaching staffs.  I wouldn't think any of the new guys would be on one year deals.

Ugh that means he'll probably keep them all.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: If they were smart, they wouldn't let Taylor leave the building. Tell him he can bring whatever offensive staff he wants.

We need an extensive process, i hope we bring in 5 to 6 candidates and dont lock in early on one name
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope (doing a lot of hoping) Mike is finally willing to let go of the reigns a bit and allow some leeway with new HC picking his staff.

He started doing that more in lewis end tenure
Reply/Quote
Taylor is interesting because the I think the Rams offensive scheme would fit Mixon Andy AJ Boyd Glenn Price...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
no one from the Patriots please they all fall hard when leaving Bellicheks nipple.......go young, go offensive and lets give it a go...

whats the worst that will happen, no playoff wins??
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Only downfall is can you picture Ross trying to learn a sophisticated new offense , holy shit it’s gonna take him another 5 years to be on the field. That guy is totally lost now.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:31 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Ugh that means he'll probably keep them all.  

Let’s hope not. SB Nation is touting that Simmons has a great shot. https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/31/18163042/nfl-rumors-bengals-darrin-simmons-head-coach

Not putting weight into it just because it’s not what I want nor think we need. Plus (I will need some help here) I don’t know how much the coaching staff makes, but nows the time to get things back on track. If you have to pay them for a short time to do nothing, then so be it. Bring in a new crew and let’s deal with it.

Yet, it’s not my money and we know Mike Brown. But the Dog knows what’s the right thing to do. Yep, wag the tail and knock em all off the table.

Then poop on the floor. LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Taylor is interesting because the I think the Rams offensive scheme would fit Mixon Andy AJ Boyd Glenn Price...

I’m kinda swaying his way.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Taylor is interesting because the I think the Rams offensive scheme would fit Mixon Andy AJ Boyd Glenn Price...

Plus, the Rams have a ton of free agents. We could theoretically bring some of their guys over.
Reply/Quote