Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
Not sure about Taylor he was unimpressive at UC of course everyone on Tubberville's staff was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:29 AM)mon4078 Wrote: Not sure about Taylor he was unimpressive at UC of course everyone on Tubberville's staff was.

There's a risk to the Rams guys as they aren't even coordinators so it's a massive jump forward. Plus, the Rams have a loaded offense, plus who knows how responsible they are for it.

Gase was seen as an offensive genius and hired by the Dolphins and you see he can't replicate that magic with their offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  the Rams have a loaded offense

The Bengals also have a loaded offense;  Mixon, Green, Boyd, and potentially Ross.  Don't you think that bringing in a brain trust from one of the best offenses in football would help make those guys lethal?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope we have our Head Coach signed by next week.
Reply/Quote
And now we wait to see if these guys even accept the interviews.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I just want someone from the outside. Could we get worse? Possibly, but we know how far we are likely to go with a Marvin disciple. Gotta try something fresh.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Why are they interviewing coaches for HC that have never been coordinators?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 03:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why are they interviewing coaches for HC that have never been coordinators?

Thinking outside the box. I'd rather have that then them bring in hue or some other retread.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: Thinking outside the box. I'd rather have that then them bring in hue or some other retread.

Agreed. Everyone needs their first chance at some point.

Reply/Quote
Really worried Brown with go with a comfort pick. I think Hue Lazor and Simmons are his top choices right now, hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
I can already read the PR release: After an extensive and exhaustive search we've settled on the least attractive possible candidate .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 03:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals also have a loaded offense;  Mixon, Green, Boyd, and potentially Ross.  Don't you think that bringing in a brain trust from one of the best offenses in football would help make those guys lethal?

Minus a decent offensive line and healthy TEs the offense is still potentially in good shape  .
That's not to say they're world beaters, but we could be in far worse shape  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's a risk to the Rams guys as they aren't even coordinators so it's a massive jump forward. Plus, the Rams have a loaded offense, plus who knows how responsible they are for it.

Gase was seen as an offensive genius and hired by the Dolphins and you see he can't replicate that magic with their offense.

Well, it's not really his fault Tannehill can't stay healthy....
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 05:06 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Really worried Brown with go with a comfort pick. I think Hue Lazor and Simmons are his top choices right now, hope I'm wrong.

Harbaugh was a special teams coach when hired for the Ravens HC spot..........keep an eye on Simmons, he checks all the boxes that the Brown family values
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What makes him a scumbag?  I'm not disagreeing with you.  I just don't know what makes him a scumbag.  

Well, there is the scum. And the bag holding it in. So at least the scum is contained. J/K

Glad the team is doing a professional search. Hope we get a great HC. We deserve one.

Imo Lewis was a good HC. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:25 PM)McC Wrote: Considering the number of coaches hired just last year, if he cleans house, Mike will be paying almost two coaching staffs.  I wouldn't think any of the new guys would be on one year deals.

I wonder if the contracts for the assistants have some sort of clause that provides an out for either side, in the event of head coaching change?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: After that stunt he pulled in Indy, I wouldn't call him a scumbag, but I wouldn't call him trustworthy or the guy I want as the HC of my favorite team.  

Still, McDaniels > Hue.

Didn't Bill Belichick do the same thing to the Jets? Sign with them and then take it back.

If so, he turned out OK  Cool
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:06 PM)McC Wrote: So what does the coaching staff do now?  Do they all go on vacation or do they sit around and wait to see what happens next?

May depend on their contracts. If Bengals have them under contract, only way they can leave for another NFL team is for a head coaching job.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder if the contracts for the assistants have some sort of clause that provides an out for either side, in the event of head coaching change?

Good question.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Im all for a coach that is aggressive. Isnt afraid to go for 2 or go for a 4th down around the 50. And most of all, is a disciplinarian that prepares his team well. I cant take constant false starts and boneheaded PF penalties anymore. Who out there fits these criteria? I have no idea..,.thats for the wizards of 1 Paul Brown Stadium to figure out. I wont hold my breath
Reply/Quote