Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(12-31-2018, 07:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 1st question will be 'What exactly is a passing game coordinator?'

Someone who coordinates the passing game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:14 PM)phil413 Wrote: Wonder if they're looking at Shane Waldron as an actual HC candidate or an OC if Taylor is the choice.

I think HC...but IF we hire Taylor he could bring him as an OC.
Reply/Quote
Not sure I like McDaniels...as his stint in Denver was bad. But, change is change.
Reply/Quote
Our HC job has some known negatives, but the one thing a coach will get here that is precious is time. He will likely work out his contract. No one and done here. That has to be a huge positive for any coach. If he doesn't work out then, everyone in the NFL will give him the Mike Brown excuse.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I can't let go of the Colts situation with McDaniels. Dude is flighty as hell and that scares me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes they are keeping him.

Smart, even if he made a bad decision yesterday taking that timeout.

(12-31-2018, 07:16 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: So the Bengals have requested to interview Zac Taylor quarterback coach of the Rams.

He's 35 years old, I believe Dave Lapham said he believed that he'd be our HC candidate.

He's worked with Bill Lazor, so it'll make the transition more simpler for Dalton and company.

Dalton has a salary cap friendly contract in case in the future he wanted to go in a different direction.

He was offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bearcats, so he's very familiar with Cincinnati. He played quarterback for Nebraska.

Plus while Mike Brown's loyalty might be a negative at times, if I'm a young, new coach I like that I'll be afforded the opportunity and time to get my team in place.

He would be a very energetic, talented and young coaching option.

Great stuff man, i would be very happy with this selection and see how it goes. :andy:

It is going to take time whoever it is, but atleast i will get back to saying if we get into the Playoffs anything can happen lol
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, just saw that from Schefter. What have the Bengals done with - or given - Mike?  Mellow

There's a very good chance that parting ways with Marvin was MB's last act as GM/ President. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If anyone from the Rams takes an interview you should also stand corrected. Those are all hot names from the hottest team. 

Just as Marvin Lewis was 16 years ago.

Btw, kudos to Mike Brown for looking at some good names. Here's hoping we hire one.

Difference is those other guys are unprovens that happen to be on a good team. McDaniels is universally considered a top candidate. Other guys are who I thought we could get, McDaniels I didn’t think we had a shot.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I can't let go of the Colts situation with McDaniels.  Dude is flighty as hell and that scares me.

Yes. I forgot about that.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Looks like they definitely seem locked in on an offensive minded coach.  Simmons is the only interview/request so far that doesn't come from the offensive side of the ball.

These are all legit high end names.  Can't say they aren't trying. Now, can they land one of these guys?
Reply/Quote
I'm absolutely shocked that they'd look into McDaniels. After burning the Colts, I had thought that NFL teams would uniformly scratch him off their list. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals also request interview with Rams passing game coordinator Shane Waldron.

Waldron, Swinney and Zac Taylor are names that would excite almost everyone in Bengledom.  I think Josh McDaniel will take over for Belichick in New England.  

I think I would be more excited with Waldron, Swinney, or Taylor.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Difference is those other guys are unprovens that happen to be on a good team. McDaniels is universally considered a top candidate. Other guys are who I thought we could get, McDaniels I didn’t think we had a shot.

It would do a lot for public perception of the Bengals if they can land McDaniels after the Colts situation.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The 1st question will be 'What exactly is a passing game coordinator?'

Who cares.  All I can say is that from the looks of the Rams' passing attack, the Bengals need a Passing Game Coordinator..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a very good chance that parting ways with Marvin was MB's last act as GM/ President. 

It would be awesome if that's the case. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: Looks like they definitely seem locked in on an offensive minded coach.  Simmons is the only interview/request so far that doesn't come from the offensive side of the ball.

These are all legit high end names.  Can't say they aren't trying. Now, can they land one of these guys?

Like I said if McDaniels gives them the interview that would be big. Even if he isn’t the guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is one to watch.

Bengals requested an HC interview with Patriots' OC Josh McDaniels, per source.

Not that I even want him, but he’s only taking select interviews. If he accepts the interview I stand corrected on the job appeal.

My guess would be Green Bay and Cleveland are only places he’d consider besides staying in New England
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: It would do a lot for public perception of the Bengals if they can land McDaniels after the Colts situation.  

Getting him to sign means relinquishing control of personnel decisions. THAT would do a lot for public perception of the Brown family. 
Reply/Quote
Love Zac Taylor idea. Here is a quote from McVay in case no one has posted it.

McVay is effusive in his praise of Taylor. “He’s instrumental in our third-down game-planning. And he doesn’t just agree with everything, he challenges you but in a way that’s very welcoming. Sometimes in the NFL disagreements can be uncomfortable in a staff meeting, but not here. There’s a refreshing security that Zac has in himself. He has great emotional intelligence and awareness for how to communicate in a way that makes peoples’ guards go down. That’s a great trait for a coach to have.” https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/06/zac-taylor-rams-press-taylor-eagles-head-coaches
Reply/Quote

What Zampese was with the Rams before we hired him. Whatever that is. 

(12-31-2018, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not sure I like McDaniels...as his stint in Denver was bad. But, change is change.

That's my initial reaction, but maybe he learned from the Broncos disaster? He is an offensive guy and a big name (which could bring respect and/or free agents), so that's a plus.

(12-31-2018, 07:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I can't let go of the Colts situation with McDaniels.  Dude is flighty as hell and that scares me.

That's a big strike against him in my book. Lost a lot of respect for him when he bailed on the Colts after a handshake agreement. 

(12-31-2018, 07:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Difference is those other guys are unprovens that happen to be on a good team. McDaniels is universally considered a top candidate. Other guys are who I thought we could get, McDaniels I didn’t think we had a shot.

Unprovens or no, they will be highly sought after. That's just how the NFL works. Copycat league and all. 

I'll give you that McDaniels is a bigger name. Not sure if he will be more sought after...particularly after what happened with the Colts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote