Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(12-31-2018, 07:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing people have to remember about McVay is he had a plan. He brought two coordinators with him that had head coaching experience. Taylor could be a great coach but he will need some veteran coaches around him to help. I’d love a Simmons and Joesph combo as possible veteran guys to stabilize a young coach, assuming he’d want to be OC too like McVay.

Are the Vikes sticking with Zim?

I would take him back over Vance as the DC if they don't.
Reply/Quote
Bengals also request interview with Rams passing game coordinator Shane Waldron.
Reply/Quote
Appears they kind of just like what’s happening out in LA, that’s good to see. I wonder if someone has talked to Whitworth and he is throwing names out?

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1079861637350338560?s=21
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are the Vikes sticking with Zim?

I would take him back over Vance as the DC if they don't.

Yes they are keeping him.
Reply/Quote
Taylor replaced Lazor as the OC at Texas A&M
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is very encouraging.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if they're looking at Shane Waldron as an actual HC candidate or an OC if Taylor is the choice.
Reply/Quote
Yes! Just happy to hear names that would be actual outside hires unlike in house guys or former bengals coordinators
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals have requested to interview Zac Taylor quarterback coach of the Rams.

He's 35 years old, I believe Dave Lapham said he believed that he'd be our HC candidate.

He's worked with Bill Lazor, so it'll make the transition more simpler for Dalton and company.

Dalton has a salary cap friendly contract in case in the future he wanted to go in a different direction.

He was offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bearcats, so he's very familiar with Cincinnati. He played quarterback for Nebraska.

Plus while Mike Brown's loyalty might be a negative at times, if I'm a young, new coach I like that I'll be afforded the opportunity and time to get my team in place.

He would be a very energetic, talented and young coaching option.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good God, have they locked Mike in a room somewhere or sent him on a long cruise?

This is the kind of stuff a, you know, regular team would do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals also request interview with Rams passing game coordinator Shane Waldron.

It's interesting that Waldron is listed as Passing Game Coordinator and TEs coach.  From what I've seen of the Rams this season, they rarely throw to the TE, and they have a really good one in Tyler Higbee.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I only ask that MB actually hear these guys out in terms of their wants and needs and take it to heart. I don't want these guys passing on the job because they're going to be shackled with a coaching staff they have no say in, or because they're not going to be given much to work with in free agency.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is one to watch.

Bengals requested an HC interview with Patriots' OC Josh McDaniels, per source.

Not that I even want him, but he’s only taking select interviews. If he accepts the interview I stand corrected on the job appeal.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:16 PM)McC Wrote: Good God, have they locked Mike in a room somewhere or sent him on a long cruise?

This is the kind of stuff a, you know, regular team would do.

Let's hope !

This team so badly needs a big change, outside thinking, new direction.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is one to watch.

Not that I even want him, but he’s only taking select interviews. If he accepts the interview I stand corrected on the job appeal.

Yeah, just saw that from Schefter. What have the Bengals done with - or given - Mike?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is one to watch.

If anyone from the Rams takes an interview you should also stand corrected. Those are all hot names from the hottest team. 

Just as Marvin Lewis was 16 years ago.

Btw, kudos to Mike Brown for looking at some good names. Here's hoping we hire one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, just saw that from Schefter. What have the Bengals done with - or given - Mike?  Mellow

Maybe Katie does offer hope.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals also request interview with Rams passing game coordinator Shane Waldron.

The 1st question will be 'What exactly is a passing game coordinator?'
Reply/Quote
I think if you went with Taylor you'd have to look for seasoned OC/DC that have no other aspirations but to be coordinators.

Charlie Weis come to mind for OC. He's had chances as HC and has failed; yet he has always excelled as an NFL OC

Rob Ryan as DC also fits the bill
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote