Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. (/Thread-Per-Jason-La-Canfora-Dalton-offseason)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - MEBengalsFan - 11-18-2019

Wherever Dalton lands he will have more success there than staying as a Bengal. The issues from what I have seen this season is the lack of experience of the coaches. The Bengals team coaches, other than special teams and QB coach, are unqualified coaches for the position/role they are in. This has made the players play to a lower level.

All the off season hype was nothing more than that hype.

2020 and 2021 until Taylor is let go Bengals won't see a winning season, because hiring your friends is not how you win championships.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - jj22 - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 11:55 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I told you. I Knew you would turn into the ****** that you claim to hate. Your boy Andy averaged 16 points a game. He would have probably lost both of these games also. Andy is gone Get over it>

Are we still talking about Andy 2 weeks into the Finley era.....

Got to think if Finley was the QB Dalton hater swore he was (if anyone still thinks Dalton haters can scout a QB after their swings and misses with all these qb's they called to start in place of Dalton over the years), there'd be pages of props and positive reviews and discussions on Finley. Dalton who? would be the overall result.

Yet they are ignoring the Finley era completely to focus on attacking Dalton still.

I think that says all that needs to be said about yet another black eye for the "anyone but Dalton" folks reputation for analyzing a QB.

Luckily they seem to like Herbert, Hurts and Tua so that's good as it relates to Burrow.

If they start pushing Burrow, then you have to second guess if he's the one with their "QB scouting" failures.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Joelist - 11-18-2019

Depending on where Andy lands he may faint from shock when he lines up behind an OL that actually creates a pocket and even better offensive schemes that get receivers uncovered and maybe even - GASP - use the TE effectively.

Finley is trying and yes he needs to work on his ball placement big time as well as decision making but to be honest he is set up to fail by the poor OL and defective scheme.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - yellowxdiscipline - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not ripping Finley.  I have not said one bad thing about him.  I believe he is in the same position Andy was.  He does not have enough talent around him to succeed.

So I am not "whining" about Finley.  Instead I am laughing at all the clowns who claimed Dalton was the problem.

You were wrong.  Get over it. 

We would have been in the same boat if they benched Dalton for McCarron. This roster is trash and needs to be gutted.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - THE PISTONS - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 02:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We would have been in the same boat if they benched Dalton for McCarron. This roster is trash and needs to be gutted.

I agree that the roster is playing bad...but guys who have actually contributed in the past look bad. I think that means it's bad coaching.

We can change out players, but if the coaching doesn't improve...we're in bad shape still.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - yellowxdiscipline - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree that the roster is playing bad...but guys who have actually contributed in the past look bad. I think that means it's bad coaching.

We can change out players, but if the coaching doesn't improve...we're in bad shape still.

So were striking out on coaching and players... hmm who's in charge of that?

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - bfine32 - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not ripping Finley.  I have not said one bad thing about him.  I believe he is in the same position Andy was.  He does not have enough talent around him to succeed.

So I am not "whining" about Finley.  Instead I am laughing at all the clowns who claimed Dalton was the problem.

You were wrong.  Get over it. 

Sure you are. You quoted a post praising Finley and ridiculed it. personally I thought the kid did some things to extend plays yesterday. Is he perfect? No. But my desire to "prove someone wrong" does not over-ride my desire to give the kid a couple more games. My view on the kid remains unchanged.

Andy's benched. Get over it. 

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Bengalfan4life27c - 11-18-2019

Dalton will be opening day starter next season. Burrow will back him up.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - TheCincinnatiKid - 11-18-2019

Always been a believer that Dalton is a decent QB. His numbers in his best years here were good. He had a few years where he was surrounded by talent and profited from that. Even this year his numbers arent that awful, he just threw too many picks (which of course is pretty bad).

I imagine his best days are gone but if he lands in the right spot I could see him being a good pickup for a team. I think he needs to go from here as we'll be drafting very high and I imagine 'Bell-Cow QB' Mike Brown's eyes will light up at the idea of drafting a QB. Which makes Dalton's place here pretty untenable.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Stewy - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 03:21 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton will be opening day starter next season. Burrow will back him up.

I actually think this is likely.

But I'd like to see us trade out of the #1 pick, while getting a mega package and rebuild the roster.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - jj22 - 11-18-2019

Dalton isn't coming back. The fact this keeps coming up is further proof that all Finley has done the last 2 weeks was make Dalton great again.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - SunsetBengal - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 04:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton isn't coming back. The fact this keeps coming up is further proof that all Finley has done the last 2 weeks was make Dalton great again.

Agreed, he's not coming back.  All this is, is an audition for Finley, to see if he's worth keeping or going after a new franchise QB.  Preliminary results are looking like the Bengals will be drafting a new franchise QB..

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - reuben.ahmed - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, he's not coming back.  All this is, is an audition for Finley, to see if he's worth keeping or going after a new franchise QB.  Preliminary results are looking like the Bengals will be drafting a new franchise QB..

I would hope we can draft the next AJ Green so we can repeat this fiasco of the palmer/chad, andy/AJ, 3rd/3rd era! :) Another 10 years please!  :andy:

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - fredtoast - 11-18-2019

Any other team and I would guarantee Dalton would never start another game.

But ever since the Bengals gave Marvin a 2 year extension after the '17 season I believe anything is possible here. Mike Brown may want to prove that he was right all along and we can win with Dalton.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Joelist - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any other team and I would guarantee Dalton would never start another game.

But ever since the Bengals gave Marvin a 2 year extension after the '17 season I believe anything is possible here.  Mike Brown may want to prove that he was right all along and we can win with Dalton.

This assumes Andy is agreeable to stay. After the classless manner in which he was treated he would be justified in pulling a Palmer on Mikey. 

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Nately120 - 11-18-2019

It's hard to say Dalton under center isn't in the plans when he is the only other QB active on gameday. If/when Dolegala is active, I'll change my tune.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - bfine32 - 11-18-2019

(11-18-2019, 05:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: This assumes Andy is agreeable to stay. After the classless manner in which he was treated he would be justified in pulling a Palmer on Mikey. 

What was classless about waiting too long to pull him? 

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Catmandude123 - 11-18-2019

Nine year audition for Dalton and two games for Finley? The whiners are coming out with their daggers because their loser boy, Dalton, got benched. Dalton is gone . Bet on it. Lost eight games in a row and now after a QB who has never played they attack him from all sides. The rebuild is on. We know what we had and it wasn't good enough.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Shake n Blake - 11-19-2019

(11-18-2019, 11:15 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Nine year audition for Dalton and two games for Finley? The whiners are coming out with their daggers because their loser boy, Dalton, got benched. Dalton is gone . Bet on it. Lost eight games in a row and now after a QB who has never played they attack him from all sides. The rebuild is on. We know what we had and it wasn't good enough.

There were numerous threads ripping Dalton after his 3rd start (against the 49ers) back on the old board. This after 2 good games to start his career.

Dalton didn't get "9 years". There were haters from jump.

RE: Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason. - Catmandude123 - 11-19-2019

(11-19-2019, 09:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There were numerous threads ripping Dalton after his 3rd start (against the 49ers) back on the old board. This after 2 good games to start his career.

Dalton didn't get "9 years". There were haters from jump.

There were haters from the first time he faded under the lights like a pair of bleached Levi's.