Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
“Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals’ record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.”

The fact that the Bengals and Dalton are at odds doesn’t come as a shock.

However, the fact that Dalton believes a trade is forthcoming, makes it seem like the Bengals were listening to offers and if they were doing for Dalton, it probably means others are on the blocks as well.

Also the fact that multiple GM's told Jason they would trade a 2nd rounder for Dalton makes it hard to believe they wouldn't take the deal.

It also means that if Finley doesn't play well, our 1st pick is probably a QB.

La Canfora also reported that the Bucs may be the best option to land Dalton.

It's at least promising news that the Bengals did at least do the due diligence on a potential Dalton trade.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:15 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: “Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals’ record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.”

However, the fact that Dalton believes a trade is forthcoming, makes it seem like the Bengals were listening to offers and if they were doing for Dalton, it probably means others are on the blocks as well.

Also the fact that multiple GM's told Jason they would trade a 2nd rounder for Dalton makes it hard to believe they wouldn't take the deal.

It's at least promising news that the Bengals did at least do the due diligence on a potential Dalton trade.

the team wasn't listening for offers... Daltons agent started making calls when he was benched. 2 hrs before the trade deadline
Reply/Quote
Second round pick from the Bucs could be in top 5.

Decent value for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Second round pick from the Bucs could be in top 5.

Decent value for Dalton.

Basically what they used on him in 2011
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When it's all said and done I think the compensation is closer to a 3rd based on what Free Agents will be available, but either way we will get something back for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the team wasn't listening for offers... Daltons agent started making calls when he was benched. 2 hrs before the trade deadline

It's possible the team has been in contact with teams since the trade deadline, even though a trade wouldn't be official for awhile.

It definitely be hard to not take the Bucs 2nd for Dalton if the offer is there.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Still think they missed the boat to get maybe just maybe a higher pick from a desperate team looking to salvage their season. I don’t think they will get a high second in the offseason but who knows. Oh well it is what it is. Mikey’s not sweating it, why should we.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Still think they missed the boat to get maybe just maybe a higher pick from a desperate team looking to salvage their season. I don’t think they will get a high second in the offseason but who knows. Oh well it is what it is. Mikey’s not sweating it, why should we.

The only team that fit that description was Chicago and the rumor is they were going to sink or swim with Trubiskky because they need to know if he is the future. I think they are a buyer this off season though as a guy to let Turbisky take a year to learn, so Dalton is a perfect fit at that point. Not sure I'd want him playing in the elements though.
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't shock me one bit if old Mikey pulled his he is under contract here and not trade him at all. Sitting back and being happy with a comp pick in 2021.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:15 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: “Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals’ record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.”

I am not sure his value, probably round 2 is fair. Also not sure if he has to approve the team he is traded. But, he is gone, question is where we he land?

Bucs - Definitely possible
Bears - If Trubisky plays the way he has played in 2019, yep

Wild Card teams are team where starting QB may suddenly retire
Brady
Rivers
Ben R. (nto likely they trade within division, but may)

How about teams with sophomore or Junior slump?

Mayfield 
Mariota

I see a market for any team with a good to strong OL and good defense or a team like the Pats who need a 1 year stop gap to develop their future (if Brady retires of course)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure his value, probably round 2 is fair. Also not sure if he has to approve the team he is traded. But, he is gone, question is where we he land?

Bucs - Definitely possible
Bears - If Trubisky plays the way he has played in 2019, yep

Wild Card teams are team where starting QB may suddenly retire
Brady
Rivers
Ben R. (nto likely they trade within division, but may)

How about teams with sophomore or Junior slump?

Mayfield 
Mariota

I see a market for any team with a good to strong OL and good defense or a team like the Pats who need a 1 year stop gap to develop their future (if Brady retires of course)

I think Bucs make sense, unless Arians retires again (Health concerns are rumored to make this possible). Bears are in play for sure as I think they will have Mitch sit for a year and try again in his 4th year. I think Patriots would roll with Stidham before making a move for a one year stop gap. Chargers actually would make a lot of sense if Rivers moves on or retires after the season because they are built to win now to an extent contract wise. Tennesse is in same boat as Tampa is so I could see them going with a vet, but I could also argue they already have that guy in Tannehill. No way Browns move on from Mayfield, the 1st overall pick will get a full contract (most likely with another new coach).
Reply/Quote
Philip Rivers is in the last year of his contract.
Reply/Quote
Mariota will also be a free agent. No way he re-signs with the Titans after losing his starting job.

Brady and Brees are also free agents, but I don't see either of them going anywhere.

Bridgewater has looked decent filling in for Brees, but he is surrounded by some of the best offensive talent and coaching int he league. he was nothing special before playing for the Saints.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Philip Rivers is in the last year of his contract.

Yes and was not thrilled to be moving from SD to LA, think he has 7 or 8 kids so likely worried of impact on their lives. But, maybe he already moved or worked that all out.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dolphins don't have a QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mariota will also be a free agent.  No way he re-signs with the Titans after losing his starting job.

Brady and Brees are also free agents, but I don't see either of them going anywhere.

Bridgewater has looked decent filling in for Brees, but he is surrounded by some of the best offensive talent and coaching int he league.  he was nothing special before playing for the Saints.

Brady has gone from I will play to age 45 to selling his home and not ending speculation he is considering retiring. I may be wrong, but if he did retire, it would catch Pats a little off guard possibly in theri planning to replace him having groomed Jimmy G. and Brissett and traded them. Bt maybe BB would trusts Stidham.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dolphins don't have a QB.

I think they are full rebuild mode, but if they win #1 pick and grab Young, then they may want a Dalton for a year while they groom the draft pick. I am not sure if Fitz is signed, but he also a great stop gap again for them in 2020 if need be

Reply/Quote
Brady won't retire.

Trubisky looks worse than last year. Don't know what is up with him, but the bears traded up to get him. I think they wil give him another season.

I'd say it comes down to Bucs, Titans, or Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
The fact that several GMs said they'd give a 2nd rounder for a 32 year old Dalton just proves that perception of him is greater than many on here have claimed. We should've pounced, but this franchise is a joke. Just as Palmer said, Mike doesn't know what he's doing, and he's still heavily involved.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Apparently, J. Winston heard y'all discussing the " Bucc's" rumor, and wanted to quiet them down a bit!...lol. Best of luck to Andy, wherever he ends up. He was a solid team player. Unfortunately, at the end he was placed into a situation,out of his control mind you, where he was just trying to do too much!
Reply/Quote