Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-04-2019, 06:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fact that several GMs said they'd give a 2nd rounder for a 32 year old Dalton just proves that perception of him is greater than many on here have claimed. We should've pounced, but this franchise is a joke. Just as Palmer said, Mike doesn't know what he's doing, and he's still heavily involved.

I don't know anyone offered a 2nd round, I think they polled after he was benched and after trade deadline
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Which sucks because his value was probably at its peak last week. I’m sure the Bears wanted him and would have paid a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dolphins don't have a QB.

The Dolphins don’t have anything else either.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't know anyone offered a 2nd round, I think they polled after he was benched and after trade deadline

Of course they didn't make a formal offer. Why bother? As a GM said this season, calling the Bengals is a waste of time. Still, it's obvious the offers were there if we had an owner who was willing. I don't see why these GM's would lie in the poll.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins are definitely in the market for one QB, possibly two. Depends on the contract Fitz signed with them. I think they will most likely keep one vet QB on their roster next season. It could be Fitz, it could possibly be Andy? They'll still draft one early for the future.
Reply/Quote
MB turned down a 2nd for McCarron so I'm skeptical he would take a 2nd for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Still think they missed the boat to get maybe just maybe a higher pick from a desperate team looking to salvage their season. I don’t think they will get a high second in the offseason but who knows. Oh well it is what it is. Mikey’s not sweating it, why should we.

I feel like they could have done a package deal to Wash of Dalton and AJ for Williams and draft pick. Chicago also would have been an obvious option and probably could have gotten bigger return since they could be in playoff hunt with a viable QB.
Reply/Quote
With the right pieces in place Andy Dalton can be very successful. Lots of teams needing a quarterback would be smart to take a serious look at Andy. Between 2011 and 2015 even Cincinnati had many of the right pieces in place but saying early goodbye to players like Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, and serviceable offensive linemen like Kevin Zeitler were terrible mistakes.
Reply/Quote
Rarely does it happen that a Franchise QB who led a team (let alone the Bengals) to the playoffs 5 out of the last 9 years shake loose.

Dalton will have suitors.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Still think they missed the boat to get maybe just maybe a higher pick from a desperate team looking to salvage their season. I don’t think they will get a high second in the offseason but who knows. Oh well it is what it is. Mikey’s not sweating it, why should we.

What team fits that description?

Maybe the Bears?  They don't have a first rounder.

All the other teams either have a QB or have a QB coming back soon from an injury.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer was right and this lackadaisical attitude about the trade deadline proves it: There is no urgency or will to win. The Bengals are insufficiently proactive.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals do grab another 2nd rounder, they could grab Burrow and Kindley, and maybe Austin Jackson (OT), Delpit, or if he drops, Simmons.

Shame they did not trade Eifert or Green for more picks. Let's hope Green ages like fine wine and produces another 3-4 years.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Dolphins don’t have anything else either.

Three picks in the first round of the 2020 draft and 2 in the second.

Two picks in the first round of 2021.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Of course they didn't make a formal offer. Why bother? As a GM said this season, calling the Bengals is a waste of time. Still, it's obvious the offers were there if we had an owner who was willing. I don't see why these GM's would lie in the poll.

If he had a value now a 2nd round pick, he will have it prior to or during the 2020 draft as well. My point is, Bengals likely will get a 2nd round pick in 2020 for AD is how I read the GM's remarks.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 07:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If he had a value now a 2nd round pick, he will have it prior to or during the 2020 draft as well. My point is, Bengals likely will get a 2nd round pick in 2020 for AD is how I read the GM's remarks.

Maybe, maybe not. Desperation can often raise a player's value at the trade deadline. Plus Dalton will be another year older next season. The point I was trying to make is that we should strike while the iron is hot. There was no point in waiting. It's just more of Mike Brown's stubbornness.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: MB turned down a 2nd for McCarron so I'm skeptical he would take a 2nd for Dalton.

I liked having AJ McCarron here in Cincinnati. He wasn’t the second coming of Tom Brady but he had, for lack of a better term, swagger and confidence. He almost won a playoff game, too.
Reply/Quote
Last time Bruce Arians had a former Bengal QB, they went to the playoffs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fact that several GMs said they'd give a 2nd rounder for a 32 year old Dalton just proves that perception of him is greater than many on here have claimed. We should've pounced, but this franchise is a joke. Just as Palmer said, Mike doesn't know what he's doing, and he's still heavily involved.

Several GM's said he'd have a viable trade market and they should get a 2nd for him.  That's not the same as several GM's saying they would give a 2nd for him.  

We have to also remember that whoever traded for him would also have half of his $16 mil salary added to their cap this year, or about $8 mil.  Not everyone has that much cap space to work with.  During the off-season, they will have expiring contracts and can cut talent to make it work.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: MB turned down a 2nd for McCarron so I'm skeptical he would take a 2nd for Dalton.

He didn't turn down a 2nd for McCarron.  The Browns sent the trade to the league office after the deadline, so it didn't go through.  There was speculation that Hue's detractors in Cleveland's FO sabotaged the deal.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 07:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: He didn't turn down a 2nd for McCarron.  The Browns sent the trade to the league office after the deadline, so it didn't go through.  There was speculation that Hue's detractors in Cleveland's FO sabotaged the deal.

Right, the more Mike Brown asked for the longer the negotiation took place, the closer the deadline got and the colder the feet of the Browns got.  It's just simple sales, when a guy has his checkbook out you can try to talk him into a pricier model but you run the risk of the fish slipping off the hook.

We all knew asking for a 2nd and a 3rd for a QB we were going to let walk at the end of the season was risky, but with Mike Brown there really is no risk.  
Reply/Quote