Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-04-2019, 10:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, I see.  You judge QBs by passing yards.

That explains a lot.

Where did I say passing yards? I said Jameis had a higher rating this year and every year since 2016, is 7 years younger, and has twice as many RUSHING yards. You brought up career passer rating; where Tyrod leads Andy.

You should have stopped after Josh Norman and saved that last little bit of dignity. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would be absolutely ecstatic if we could get a 2nd for Andy Dalton. Do it and don’t look back.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if playoff wins are all that matter Geno Atkins, Andrew Whitworth, and A J Green also sucked here, right?

I don't think you have a clue how to rate NFL players if you grade individuals based on team wins.

Playoff wins are the pussiest excuses to rag on a player . . . if these posters were so concerned about playoffs and the playoffs are the only thing that matters . . . why are they here now? Why are they still Bengals fans? They should go elsewhere if playoffs are all they care about, they won't be missed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe because Winston is leading the league in interceptions, his career passer rating is worse than Andy's, his career best passer rating is worse than Andy's and he has only won a total of 23 games in 5 years. 

(11-04-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: . But you simply pointed to career rating.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sounds of though you happy if AD fails elsewhere?

Why? Maybe to save face because if he wins you lose credibility.

Tell me, if he finally wins, does that mean the AD fan boys gain credibility? Because, right now, the AD haters definitely are stomping in the credibility department.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:44 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Like it or not, playoff wins and Superbowls (can't get to the latter without the former) are the gold standard statistic from which all NFL QUARTERBACKS are judged.

Like it or not this is not true. 

Dan Fouts is in the Hall of Fame and he never even played in a Super Bowl, meanwhile lots of QBs who won Super Bowls will not even sniff the Hall of Fame.

Eli Manning won more Super Bowls than Steve Young.

Trent Dilfer won more Super Bowls that Dan Marino.

T J Yates has won more playoff games than Matthew Stafford.

Blake Bortles has won more playoff games than Dak Prescott.

I could go on and on, but the claim that QBs are judged by just postseason wins is silly.  It is just a part of the package.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote:  right now, the AD haters definitely are stomping in the credibility department.

Really?

Where is A J McCarron playing these days?

You guys have constantly raved about other QBs being better than Dalton when they were not. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 04:31 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Playoff wins are the pussiest excuses to rag on a player . . . if these posters were so concerned about playoffs and the playoffs are the only thing that matters . . . why are they here now? Why are they still Bengals fans? They should go elsewhere if playoffs are all they care about, they won't be missed.

Yeah we ain't no ***** . We love getting beat. We won't say anything bad about AD even if it means having to endure countless seasons of losing. HOORAH!!!!!!! Andy Dalton is never going to QB the Bengals ever again. GET OVER IT!!!! If he goes somewhere else and is successful , more power to him. The Bengals gave him eight and a half years and what, nothing. Sometimes a change is just what a team and a player need.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Dolphins don’t have anything else either.

At last count they have three first round picks and cap room they aren't afraid to spend.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: MB turned down a 2nd for McCarron so I'm skeptical he would take a 2nd for Dalton.

Yes MB screwed the pooch on that deal but desperate trading partners like the Browns rarely come around. The Bengals have the rights to AD til 2021 when they could still franchise him. Desperate times lead to desperate deals. Some team will lose a QB and come calling before next years trade deadline. If they don't c'est la vie.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Second round pick from the Bucs could be in top 5.

Decent value for Dalton.

Yes but MB will insist on a first rounder.  He shouldn't but that's how he is.

We've seen this act before with a back-up QB so he'll definitely do it for a former starter.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Tell me, if he finally wins, does that mean the AD fan boys gain credibility? Because, right now, the AD haters definitely are stomping in the credibility department.

If you read my post I was calling someone out for openly rooting for the demise of our former starting QB who has a winning record over 9 years playing with poor talent. I questioned the intent.

As for me, I hate the whole fan boy and hater narrative for any of our players or coaches. I also don't understand why anyone would openly root for any player to fail. It is like hoping the pilot of a plane you are on crashes, makes no sense to me.

So to answer your question, AD has had a good career, not great, but good. If he leaves our team, I wish him success because his wife and him have both been great off the field for our city. He is great guy so yes I will root for his success, I will not hope he fails with his next team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?

You guys have constantly raved about other QBs being better than Dalton when they were not. 

Holding a clipboard for Deshaun Watson, which I guess is doing better than other-Saviors like Jason Campbell, Jeff Driskel, and Tom Savage who doesn't even have a job anymore. 

Can't wait until Ryan Finley gets murdered behind this line by the Ravens so we can hear about how awesome and how much better Jake Dolegala would be if he had a chance to play.  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:18 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yes MB screwed the pooch on that deal but desperate trading partners like the Browns rarely come around. The Bengals have the rights to AD til 2021 when they could still franchise him. Desperate times lead to desperate deals. Some team will lose a QB and come calling before next years trade deadline. If they don't c'est la vie.

Right...I mean Mike Brown's invincibility keeps him from making desperate moves that become colossal blunders, but he also seems to demand more than players are worth and if he lets a great deal go during this process, so what?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:57 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Yes but MB will insist on a first rounder.  He shouldn't but that's how he is.

We've seen this act before with a back-up QB so he'll definitely do it for a former starter.

Palmer was not a back up when brown got 2 firsts for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:18 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yes MB screwed the pooch on that deal 

No he didn't. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Palmer was not a back up when brown got 2 firsts for him.

Methinks it was a 1st and 2nd which would be two 1sts if the Raiders got to the AFC chamionship game or something to that effect.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Palmer was not a back up when brown got 2 firsts for him.

depends on how you look at it I guess... He was on the roster and not starting at the time...  (but would have been if he reported.)
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?

Texans and probably filling the exact same role Andy would if he were there. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:57 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah we ain't no ***** . We love getting beat. We won't say anything bad about AD even if it means having to endure countless seasons of losing. HOORAH!!!!!!! Andy Dalton is never going to QB the Bengals ever again. GET OVER IT!!!! If he goes somewhere else and is successful , more power to him. The Bengals gave him eight and a half years and what, nothing. Sometimes a change is just what a team and a player need.

Yep damn that Dalton guy for thinking the other 21 starters would contribute to winning games.
Reply/Quote