Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-05-2019, 10:15 PM)Destro Wrote: Matt Moore was brought back by Andy Reid. Have to stick on the waiver wire to see where Case Keenum plays. Never know what people may see as someone they want on their teams. Ryan Fitzpatrick still plays in this league. Some think Kaep can still play ( I am not one of them ). Never know. 

Fitzpatrick is a good use case for Dalton. He'll have to compete for a spot...most likely, but he'll start some games somewhere at some point.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fitzpatrick is a good use case for Dalton. He'll have to compete for a spot...most likely, but he'll start some games somewhere at some point.

Fitz , Kap, Tannehill ,Flacco. Dalton are no longer ready for prime time players. If some one our roster can't be the future then drafting A QB with the first pick is essential. Got to get the QB who will work the best with current personal and the projected later round picks.  If the fo still refuses to go full bore in free agency we are totally f323ed. Unless we destroy the draft. The thing we need more than anything else is to have Finley show some promise. Long live Ryan
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:15 PM)Destro Wrote: Matt Moore was brought back by Andy Reid. Have to stick on the waiver wire to see where Case Keenum plays. Never know what people may see as someone they want on their teams. Ryan Fitzpatrick still plays in this league. Some think Kaep can still play ( I am not one of them ). Never know. 

You do never know; I simply found the assertion that "Andy will be a starter, no problem" to be absurd. Hell Brandon Allen is currently a starter in the NFL, but nobody planned for that; nor did anyone plan for Matt Moore. Fitz is an unusual situation as when CP9 was floundering here I suggested Fitz could be a starter and someone guaranteed me Fitz would never be a starter again in the NFL once he left the Bengals 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do never know; I simply found the assertion that "Andy will be a starter, no problem" to be absurd. Hell Brandon Allen is currently a starter in the NFL, but nobody planned for that; nor did anyone plan for Matt Moore. Fitz is an unusual situation as when CP9 was floundering here I suggested Fitz could be a starter and someone guaranteed me Fitz would never be a starter again in the NFL once he left the Bengals 

I could care less where Andy goes. It’s about time his ass got benched. Thanks for everything you did in the community. Good riddance.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 2019 Salary Cap is 188.2 million
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020137/article/nfl-salary-cap-for-2019-season-set-at-1882m

So average for Cowboys at 32% is 60.224 million

So over 12 million average per starter for Cowboys

Huge number for OL

However, they had a cheap QB and cheap RB contract in past and all of that changes soon so look for them to have to unload an OL starter sooner than later

Big numbers. But they're locked up for a while.

Zack Martin $14M 2025 UFA
Tyron Smith $12.2M 2024 UFA
La'el Collins $10M 2025 UFA
Travis Frederick $9.4M 2024 UFA

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: It's the QB's job to drive the train, bud. AD is, what? 1-15 in his last 16 starts?

And, no, your "by this logic...." is an illogical inference.

Even as he goes down in flames his fans are blaming everything else around him. The same organization gave him some of the most talented rosters in the NFL, on both sides of the ball, and in his prime and he STILL crapped the bed and did nothing with it. He cannot will a team or lead a team to victory without superior talent. He isn't good enough.... It... is... over.

I hope he gets traded for a 4th or higher and has a fresh start somewhere and does supremely well. That way, everyone wins. Anyone wishing failure on a great guy like Andy Dalton is nuts. I wanted him to succeed to the highest levels here in Cincy. He didn't/couldn't for whatever the reason. I literally took him as my starting Fantasy QB the last 3 seasons because I believed he could repeat 2015. Didn't happen. Time to move on and love the next mainstay QB!

This train is off the rails no matter who the QB is. Anyone who thinks a QB alone can turn this around is delusional, plain and simple.

Andy is part of the team and the whole team is going down in flames dude. When Dalton had this talent around him that you speak of, we made the playoffs 5 years in a row. That talent disappearing is why we're 0-8 and in our 4th straight losing season. We aren't setting dubious records because of Dalton, but I guess we'll find out about that starting this week.

No one is saying Dalton shouldn't have been benched. At least I'm not. All I'm saying is that this franchise is a clown show and you'd think anyone who has been around the last 30 years or has a working internet connection would know that there's a laundry list of reasons why this team doesn't have a playoff win in 28 years...and why we're 19-36-1 over the last 4 years.

If you want to throw Dalton in that list, fine. But at best, he's reason #273. Certain people are acting like he's reason #1. Whatever helps those people sleep better at night, I guess. Don't be surprised when Finley and Tua (or whoever we draft) flops HARD though. Look who they'll be playing for. Even when they stumble into a good core, the owner won't take that extra step to get over the hump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This train is off the rails no matter who the QB is. Anyone who thinks a QB alone can turn this around is delusional, plain and simple.

Andy is part of the team and the whole team is going down in flames dude. When Dalton had this talent around him that you speak of, we made the playoffs 5 years in a row. That talent disappearing is why we're 0-8 and in our 4th straight losing season. We aren't setting dubious records because of Dalton, but I guess we'll find out about that starting this week.

No one is saying Dalton shouldn't have been benched. At least I'm not. All I'm saying is that this franchise is a clown show and you'd think anyone who has been around the last 30 years or has a working internet connection would know that there's a laundry list of reasons why this team doesn't have a playoff win in 28 years...and why we're 19-36-1 over the last 4 years.

If you want to throw Dalton in that list, fine. But at best, he's reason #273. Certain people are acting like he's reason #1. Whatever helps those people sleep better at night, I guess. Don't be surprised when Finley and Tua (or whoever we draft) flops HARD though. Look who they'll be playing for. Even when they stumble into a good core, the owner won't take that extra step to get over the hump.

I still maintain we’ve had FO issues and QB issues the last few years. And it’s not solely one or the other.

Reply/Quote
I highly doubt I'll ever see Andy dalton win a playoff game. He might get there again at best. But hes like jon kitna , he will end up messing up even at his best. Actually think kitna was more accurate then dalton. Dalton just throws a little harder. But I just can't wait till we see finley. I would not doubt that we could even beat a good ravens team. How stunned would all these dalton lovers be when they cant blame the o line. I can hear it now. But but aj green was back that's not fair!! Dalton would of won too with a more healthy team. It's going to be a breathe of fresh air watching a qb that is better in the pocket and have accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly. Who the hell wouldn't want the 29th rated 32 year old QB who has only had a passer rating over 90 twice in 9 years and has never gained more that 200 yards on the ground in a season being their starter

Jason la Confora said GMs have a 2nd round value on Dalton.  I don't think any team is giving up a 2nd round pick for a back up.

But what would NFL GMs know about Dalton.  They have not invested years trying to spin everything to shit on him like some Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This train is off the rails no matter who the QB is. Anyone who thinks a QB alone can turn this around is delusional, plain and simple.

Where was this "Ownership/FO sucks" concept when the team was going to the playoffs 5 times in a row?

Where was it in 2013, 2014, 15 when the Bengals had an amazing roster?

Where was this line of thinking in 05, 06, & 07?

Be carefuleful if you come back with AD was good enough, etc. etc.... the question is a trap.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jason la Confora said GMs have a 2nd round value on Dalton.  I don't think any team is giving up a 2nd round pick for a back up.

But what would NFL GMs know about Dalton.  They have not invested years trying to spin everything to shit on him like some Bengals fans.

I can see it now...

BEARS GM - Hi Mike, we will give you a 2nd round pick for Dalton.
MB - Make it two 1st round picks and you've got yourself a deal.
BEARS GM - No.
MB - ................Can I speak to Hue Jackson?
BEARS GM - Hue Jackson doesn't work here.
MB - Oh, well I'm just going to wait for Hue Jackson to offer a great trade for Dalton.  Bye!

(11-06-2019, 09:41 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Where was this "Ownership/FO sucks" concept when the team was going to the playoffs 5 times in a row?

Be carefuleful if you come back with AD was good enough, etc. etc.... the question is a trap.

Meh, the Bengals caught lightning in a bottle and were making the playoffs at the same time the Pittsburgh Pirates were doing the same thing and now they're both back to being crap as they have been for the majority of the past 30 years.  Sucky ownership has placed a ceiling on our franchise to the point where winning a playoff game is about as hard as a better run franchise winning the SB.  We were the 90s Buffalo Bills of the playoffs...ooh look the Bengals made it to the playoffs again, whoop de doo, wonder who beats 'em in the opening round this time.

When you really think about it, you are asking how anyone could have complained about our crappy ownership when we took home a whopping six "12th Place" trophies in 7 years.  How many fanbases would be proud of that?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jason la Confora said GMs have a 2nd round value on Dalton.  I don't think any team is giving up a 2nd round pick for a back up.

Yeah its our little secret about Andy's abilities and we will get a shit load of draft picks. Man those other teams are dumb.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:41 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Where was this "Ownership/FO sucks" concept when the team was going to the playoffs 5 times in a row?

During that 5 year run everyone here was still complaining about the front office, Marvin, and Andy.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: When you really think about it, you are asking how anyone could have complained about our crappy ownership when we took home a whopping six "12th Place" trophies in 7 years.  How many fanbases would be proud of that?

Every year I see teams and fans celebrate when they clinch a playoff position.

No one is happy about losing in the playoffs, but at the same time it is childish to act like no one cares about winning regular season games or making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Fitz , Kap, Tannehill ,Flacco. Dalton are no longer ready for prime time players. If some one our roster can't be the future then drafting A QB with the first pick is essential. Got to get the QB who will work the best with current personal and the projected later round picks.  If the fo still refuses to go full bore in free agency we are totally f323ed. Unless we destroy the draft. The thing we need more than anything else is to have Finley show some promise. Long live Ryan

The unfortunate thing with drafts is it usually takes 2-3 years for players that are drafted to make an impact...outside of usually a 1st Round pick.

Any path to being competitive almost has to have free agency.

I gotta say, I looked at the list of free agents and this past year was a better one for LB's. And I get that people will be like...sign Littleton! But a bunch of teams will want him so it will be tough.

For the Offensive Line, we likely could add a Guard in free agency, but it's thin on Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can see it now...

BEARS GM - Hi Mike, we will give you a 2nd round pick for Dalton.
MB - Make it two 1st round picks and you've got yourself a deal.
BEARS GM - No.
MB - ................Can I speak to Hue Jackson?
BEARS GM - Hue Jackson doesn't work here.
MB - Oh, well I'm just going to wait for Hue Jackson to offer a great trade for Dalton.  Bye!

Meh, the Bengals caught lightning in a bottle and were making the playoffs at the same time the Pittsburgh Pirates were doing the same thing and now they're both back to being crap as they have been for the majority of the past 30 years.  Sucky ownership has placed a ceiling on our franchise to the point where winning a playoff game is about as hard as a better run franchise winning the SB.  We were the 90s Buffalo Bills of the playoffs...ooh look the Bengals made it to the playoffs again, whoop de doo, wonder who beats 'em in the opening round this time.

When you really think about it, you are asking how anyone could have complained about our crappy ownership when we took home a whopping six "12th Place" trophies in 7 years.  How many fanbases would be proud of that?

Yes - IF you do something for 28 years...chances are luck will factor in at a certain point with draft picks. Guys like Atkins becoming dominant. Guys like Iloka and Marvin Jones being drafted later and turning into Good players.

I wouldn't call it skill.

How many GM's get 28 drafts if they haven't won a single playoff game? Most get 4-5 years max. It's really hard to put the Bengals franchise in perspective because it's such an outlier.

A GM that hasn't won a playoff game for 20 years makes the playoffs 5 years in a row then not the next 3. Is that some great achievement?
Reply/Quote

I did not see any 'amazing rosters'; a saw good teams with excellent coordinators and many players who wilted under bright lights. But it was clear back then and many said it that between AD, ML and a few others, the ceiling was making the playoffs and not going further. 

0-7 in the playoffs and no playoff wins since 1991 trump the 'made the playoffs 5 times in a row so we were good and can be again' story line.

And when the team was making the playoffs, other then the draft, what did the team front office do to make the team even better?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote

Speaking for myself, I've ALWAYS been a critic of the FO. During that time frame, I wanted a LB that could cover a TE, and a good Center. That never happened.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just stop!
Only way he's traded is if Finley or Dolegala light it up the rest of the season.

He's on a QB friendly salary and even if we draft a QB next year, AD will be the starter til the new QB is ready.
So he might be trade bait for next year's deadline, and we all know MB won't give him up for less than a 1st. He has no reason to, he's not in a hurry to make this franchise better.

You say that like it was me that called Dalton on his B-Day to tell him he was benched.

Or as if it was I that signed him to a deal that allowed him to be cut by June the 1st of his last year with no penalty and free up 17 million.

Or as if it was I that immediately called my agent to get me the hell out of here.

Or as if I polled all these NFL GM's and told them to give Dalton a 2nd round grade.

Or as if I convinced these GM's and Dalton's camp that seem to think it's highly likely he's gone during the offseason.

Dalton isn't even the starter now, let alone next year.

Teams see the success that a change of scenery had for Kirk Cousins and probably believe they could do the same with Dalton.

Whether or not that would happen is to be seen.

I can tell you one thing though, if the Bengals did decide to keep Dalton and his 17 million dollars.

Instead of using that money and a potential 2nd round pick to build around the new franchise QB whether it be Finley or a draft pick. 

Just to keep him on the team for 6 or 7 games then they won't be able to give tickets away as a free prize in cracker jack boxes. Lol
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do never know; I simply found the assertion that "Andy will be a starter, no problem" to be absurd.  

Yeah, I agree. I doubt he will be bagging groceries, but a for sure starter is not a guarantee. Wasn't it Matt Flynn who was supposed to start for the Seahawks but they went with a young Russel Wilson instead? He will still be a QB in the NFL, but it might be only in preseason games. Never know. 
Reply/Quote