Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-05-2019, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: depends on how you look at it I guess... He was on the roster and not starting at the time...  (but would have been if he reported.)

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how if anything gets done when Mike Brown discussing trade compensation for a QB with someone other than Hue Jackson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Rolleyes

Of course my reply you quoted was in response to you "explaining" why Tyrod Taylor's career passer rating was higher than Andy's and not in response to the post you quoted.

I get this has been embarrassing for you, but save yourself and stop. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
People still turning their nose up to 5 straight playoff appearances to start a career?

This next QB has some serious shoes to fill rather Dalton haters like it or not.

Coming off of the lockout, a bad year in 2010, with a rebuilt young roster, rookie OC......

There will be no excuses for the new QB if we don't make the playoff the next 5 years straight.

If the new QB doesn't, some around here will have some explaining to do.

Truth is we may not see a run like that ever again. EVER. And then maybe Dalton will get the respect he lacks around here. He's finally got it with the National media (it only took him getting benched).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:15 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: “Longtime Bengals starter Andy Dalton was forthright in his displeasure with the team for not attempting to trade him before benching him this week, and eagerly anticipates an offseason trade, league sources said. Dalton, the second-highest passer in franchise history who is tied for the Bengals’ record for touchdown passes (197), will have a viable trade market, several GMs said, and should land a second-round pick in return.”

The fact that the Bengals and Dalton are at odds doesn’t come as a shock.

However, the fact that Dalton believes a trade is forthcoming, makes it seem like the Bengals were listening to offers and if they were doing for Dalton, it probably means others are on the blocks as well.

Also the fact that multiple GM's told Jason they would trade a 2nd rounder for Dalton makes it hard to believe they wouldn't take the deal.

It also means that if Finley doesn't play well, our 1st pick is probably a QB.

La Canfora also reported that the Bucs may be the best option to land Dalton.

It's at least promising news that the Bengals did at least do the due diligence on a potential Dalton trade.

Just stop!
Only way he's traded is if Finley or Dolegala light it up the rest of the season.

He's on a QB friendly salary and even if we draft a QB next year, AD will be the starter til the new QB is ready.
So he might be trade bait for next year's deadline, and we all know MB won't give him up for less than a 1st. He has no reason to, he's not in a hurry to make this franchise better.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just stop!
Only way he's traded is if Finley or Dolegala light it up the rest of the season.

He's on a QB friendly salary and even if we draft a QB next year, AD will be the starter til the new QB is ready.
So he might be trade bait for next year's deadline, and we all know MB won't give him up for less than a 1st. He has no reason to, he's not in a hurry to make this franchise better.

There's no turning back to AD. It's only happened to Eli in the last three decades or so and it cost the whole staff and GM their jobs.

That just doesn't happen. Once a Franchise QB of 9 years is benched (for a 4th round QB), it's over.

People are struggling to realize what took place.

Dalton's reps will likely request a trade or release. If MB doesn't, he'll likely retire. He's never taking another snap, even if Finley goes down. There's Carson Palmer like bad blood there.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
One never knows how Mikey will act - he may want to keep Dalton for another year even if they draft a QB. Most likely if no team wants to give up a 2nd rounder. His stubbornness usually wins over reason.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's no turning back to AD. It's only happened to Eli in the last three decades or so and it cost the whole staff and GM their jobs.

That just doesn't happen. Once a Franchise QB of 9 years is benched (for a 4th round QB), it's over.

People are struggling to realize what took place.

Dalton's reps will likely request a trade or release. If MB doesn't, he'll likely retire. He's never taking another snap, even if Finley goes down. There's Carson Palmer like bad blood there.

General rules do not always apply to the Bengal universe.  See: Marvin Lewis extension after 2017 season.

Stubborn Mike Brown may want to prove that it is possible to win with Andy Dalton.

I am not saying it will happen, but I am not saying it won't.  If Finley and Dolegala both stink it up then they could look at bringing Dalton back as starter next year with A J Green and a re-built O-line.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not saying it will happen, but I am not saying it won't.  If Finley and Dolegala both stink it up then they could look at bringing Dalton back as starter next year with A J Green and a re-built O-line.

If this was to happen, Dalton may actually come back more determined to show he is worth what we pay him, and we really don't pay him a lot compared to NFL standards. The benching sometimes has that effect to refocus a player. However, about the O-Line? Well, I was impressed watching MNF last night when they said 32% (I think that's the right number, IDK, I was sober and usually don't remember shit too well when I'm sober) of the salary is spent on the OL. I was like wow, I wonder what percentage it is for the Bengals?

Then you have to think about how much of that cash is spent on talent? Our contract with Hart was stupid. Not insanely high, but stupid. Oh well, anyway, I voted today.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:  Well, I was impressed watching MNF last night when they said 32% (I think that's the right number, IDK, I was sober and usually don't remember shit too well when I'm sober) of the salary is spent on the OL. I was like wow, I wonder what percentage it is for the Bengals?

The Cowboys O-line is an outlier.

32% percent of the salary cap (I also heard the comment, but I can't remember the exact number either) is about $50 million.  That means the 5 starters would average $10 million apiece per year.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:47 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just stop!

Andy Dalton's in less of a hurry to play another snap for this team than Mike Brown is to make it better. He's done here, and it's in his own best interest to keep it that way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Truth is we may not see a run like that ever again. EVER. 

I hope we finally win a playoff game after 28 years. I could give a rats behind about five straight losses in the playoffs. In fact to tell the truth I do try to forget the playoff appearences by your boy Andy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cowboys O-line is an outlier.

32% percent of the salary cap (I also heard the comment, but I can't remember the exact number either) is about $50 million.  That means the 5 starters would average $10 million apiece per year.

WTH Hart is making seven.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cowboys O-line is an outlier.

2019 Salary Cap is 188.2 million
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020137/article/nfl-salary-cap-for-2019-season-set-at-1882m

So average for Cowboys at 32% is 60.224 million

So over 12 million average per starter for Cowboys

Huge number for OL

However, they had a cheap QB and cheap RB contract in past and all of that changes soon so look for them to have to unload an OL starter sooner than later
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:49 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Tell me, if he finally wins, does that mean the AD fan boys gain credibility? Because, right now, the AD haters definitely are stomping in the credibility department.

Why? Because he got benched when the team is a train wreck? By this logic, Dalton "lovers" have been correct for the last 8 years. Dalton was destined to fall or get benched at some point.

And what if Finley plays even worse than Dalton this season? I hope a QB can turn this clown show around, but I have a strong feeling Dalton is just the latest victim of the circus of failure in Cincy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Texans and probably filling the exact same role Andy would if he were there. 

Mac will never be a starter in this league. Dalton, even at 32 will have zero trouble finding a starting gig next year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we should trade Andy at this point. Whoever Taylor determines is better by the end of the season, I think we should start the next season and have the other be a back up. Focus on building OL and LB through FA and the draft. 

Best case scenario is that Finley is better than Dalton. Worst case is we get Dalton on a contract year with a chip on his shoulder. Seems like a win/win to me. Either could play an important role on a pentially better 2020 season.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mac will never be a starter in this league. Dalton, even at 32 will have zero trouble finding a starting gig next year.

Exactly. Who the hell wouldn't want the 29th rated 32 year old QB who has only had a passer rating over 90 twice in 9 years and has never gained more that 200 yards on the ground in a season being their starter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly. Who the hell wouldn't want the 29th rated 32 year old QB who has only had a passer rating over 90 twice in 9 years and has never gained more that 200 yards on the ground in a season being their starter

I'm willing to sig bet this.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly. Who the hell wouldn't want the 29th rated 32 year old QB who has only had a passer rating over 90 twice in 9 years and has never gained more that 200 yards on the ground in a season being their starter

Matt Moore was brought back by Andy Reid. Have to stick on the waiver wire to see where Case Keenum plays. Never know what people may see as someone they want on their teams. Ryan Fitzpatrick still plays in this league. Some think Kaep can still play ( I am not one of them ). Never know. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why? Because he got benched when the team is a train wreck? By this logic, Dalton "lovers" have been correct for the last 8 years. Dalton was destined to fall or get benched at some point.

And what if Finley plays even worse than Dalton this season? I hope a QB can turn this clown show around, but I have a strong feeling Dalton is just the latest victim of the circus of failure in Cincy.

It's the QB's job to drive the train, bud. AD is, what? 1-15 in his last 16 starts?

And, no, your "by this logic...." is an illogical inference.

Even as he goes down in flames his fans are blaming everything else around him. The same organization gave him some of the most talented rosters in the NFL, on both sides of the ball, and in his prime and he STILL crapped the bed and did nothing with it. He cannot will a team or lead a team to victory without superior talent. He isn't good enough.... It... is... over.

I hope he gets traded for a 4th or higher and has a fresh start somewhere and does supremely well. That way, everyone wins. Anyone wishing failure on a great guy like Andy Dalton is nuts. I wanted him to succeed to the highest levels here in Cincy. He didn't/couldn't for whatever the reason. I literally took him as my starting Fantasy QB the last 3 seasons because I believed he could repeat 2015. Didn't happen. Time to move on and love the next mainstay QB!
Reply/Quote