Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per Jason La Canfora, Dalton, offseason.
(11-04-2019, 06:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mariota will also be a free agent.  No way he re-signs with the Titans after losing his starting job.

Brady and Brees are also free agents, but I don't see either of them going anywhere.

Bridgewater has looked decent filling in for Brees, but he is surrounded by some of the best offensive talent and coaching int he league.  he was nothing special before playing for the Saints.

WHAT!?!?!?!?! He made a Probowl. I know how you consider; remember Andy's? 

As to the OP: I hope we move Andy in the offseason and a 2nd would be great. Jalen Hurts might be available there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bucs seem like a good fit for Andy, he can end his career with zero playoff wins
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:41 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It wouldn't shock me one bit if old Mikey pulled his he is under contract here and not trade him at all. Sitting back and being happy with a comp pick in 2021.

It would be in 2022 as Dalton wouldn't be a free agent until 2021.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bucs seem like a good fit for Andy, he can end his career with zero playoff wins

Sounds of though you happy if AD fails elsewhere?

Why? Maybe to save face because if he wins you lose credibility.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fact that several GMs said they'd give a 2nd rounder for a 32 year old Dalton just proves that perception of him is greater than many on here have claimed. We should've pounced, but this franchise is a joke. Just as Palmer said, Mike doesn't know what he's doing, and he's still heavily involved.

I think they are referring to getting a 2nd for him this offseason when the market is wide open.

I don't think there were teams willing to give a 2nd rounder at this point in the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bucs seem like a good fit for Andy, he can end his career with zero playoff wins

He'd be the 2nd Bengal great to end his career at TB. First Munoz,now Andy. 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:41 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It wouldn't shock me one bit if old Mikey pulled his he is under contract here and not trade him at all. Sitting back and being happy with a comp pick in 2021.

This is exactly what will happen. It makes too much sense to use that 17 million towards all of the gaping holes on the team.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sounds of though you happy if AD fails elsewhere?

Why? Maybe to save face because if he wins you lose credibility.

Huh? He's done absolutely nothing here ,zero playoff wins. I don't care if he wins or loses elsewhere. But he will lose on the tampa bay bucs. In fact, he will lose on any team that "needs" Andy Dalton. I don't lose any credibility based on how Andy Dalton performs, he sucked here. You being happy with zero playoff wins is slightly low expectations as a fan. I don't care the other players on the team, they all play a part in giving us zero playoff wins. 

It's apparent he takes no responsibility for his play and he's not a good leader. No accountability. The goal is to win a superbowl and nobody on our team in any shape or form has come even halfway there in the last 30+ years.

"I played well, I don't agree wit the decision, I wish they traded me". Signs of a true leader of an 0-8 team. I'm happy he's likely done here, not in a hating way, in a way that he should have been a backup in the first place. Whatever potential he has was not good enough.
Reply/Quote
I don't know why TB would scrap Jameis in favor of Andy. He's having a better passing season than Andy and has every year since 2016, has over twice as many rushing yards over the same period, and is 7 years younger. But I'll be stoked if they do.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He'd be the 2nd Bengal great to end his career at TB. First Munoz,now Andy. 

Considering he never made it to the regular season, does Munoz count?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't know why TB would scrap Jameis in favor of Andy. He's having a better passing  season than Andy and has every year since 2016, has over twice as many rushing yards over the same period, and is 7 years younger. But I'll be stoked if they do.

Maybe because Winston is leading the league in interceptions, his career passer rating is worse than Andy's, his career best passer rating is worse than Andy's and he has only won a total of 23 games in 5 years. 

But you also did not understand why any team would prefer Dalton over Tyrod Taylor, A J McCarron, and even Josh Norman.  So I am not surprised that you still don't get it.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  I don't lose any credibility based on how Andy Dalton performs, he sucked here. You being happy with zero playoff wins is slightly low expectations as a fan.

So if playoff wins are all that matter Geno Atkins, Andrew Whitworth, and A J Green also sucked here, right?

I don't think you have a clue how to rate NFL players if you grade individuals based on team wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering he never made it to the regular season, does Munoz count?

It happens.   Ninja 

[Image: tackle-anthony-munoz-of-the-tampa-bay-bu...=2048x2048]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe because Winston is leading the league in interceptions, his career passer rating is worse than Andy's, his career best passer rating is worse than Andy's and he has only won a total of 23 games in 5 years. 

But you also did not understand why any team would prefer Dalton over Tyrod Taylor, A J McCarron, and even Josh Norman.  So I am not surprised that you still don't get it.

I never once said AJ should start over Andy and I have 0 idea what Josh Norman has to do with the discussion. As to Tyrod: he has a higher career passer rating than Andy so...... 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I never once said AJ should start over Andy and I have 0 idea what Josh Norman has to do with the discussion. As to Tyrod: he has a higher career passer rating than Andy so...... 

You used to hype Norman and say you would rather have him than Dalton.

As for Taylor I could always see that his passing numbers depended on him playing with the absolute best rushing team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You used to hype Norman and say you would rather have him than Dalton.

As for Taylor I could always see that his passing numbers depended on him playing with the absolute best rushing team in the league.

Yes, Josh Norman is a very good CORNERback. Andy Dalton plays QUARTERback. 

Sure there are "reasons" his career rating is higher. But you simply pointed to career rating. A stat I didn't use, especially when comparing QBs who are 7 years apart in age,

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  I'm happy he's likely done here, not in a hating way, 

No, not in a "hating way" at all. Rolleyes

(11-04-2019, 08:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "Told you so" - Andy Dalton
"I didn't get to play with AJ, why does Finley get to!" - Andy Dalton
"I can win a playoff game and a superbowl with another team, trade me." - Andy Dalton
"It wasn't my fault, but I will not point fingers at anyone, including myself." - Andy Dalton
"I was good the year everything went my way." - Andy Dalton
"I am a backup NFL QB, nothing to be ashamed of, something to be proud of - I was a starting QB when I shouldn't have been for 8 years." - Andy Dalton
"It was Marvin's fault, until he left" - Andy Dalton
"Oh well, at least my wife is more beautiful than yours" - Andy Dalton

Just in a disjointed, delusional, out-of-touch-with-reality ranting sort of way.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, Josh Norman is a very good CORNERback. Andy Dalton plays QUARTERback. 

Derp.  

Josh Freeman.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 06:55 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With the right pieces in place Andy Dalton can be very successful. Lots of teams needing a quarterback would be smart to take a serious look at Andy. Between 2011 and 2015 even Cincinnati had many of the right pieces in place but saying early goodbye to players like Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, and serviceable offensive linemen like Kevin Zeitler were terrible mistakes.

I’m pretty sure with an excellent offensive line and a solid defense Dalton could lead the Bengals to a wild card playoff loss vs a team starting their back up QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  But you simply pointed to career rating. A stat I didn't use, especially when comparing QBs who are 7 years apart in age,

Oh, I see.  You judge QBs by passing yards.

That explains a lot.
Reply/Quote