Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: Firstly, a lot of top prospects opted out because they had more to lose than gain.  I don't hold it against any of them.

As far as the WR's go, Chase set SEC records as a sophomore and projections favor guys who were at an elite level at a younger age.  The Burrow connection is obvious, but we also incorporated elements from LSU's playbook into ours, meaning a smoother transition.  Waddle has injury concerns and has never produced at an elite level. Smith is a year older than Waddle and Chase and I also have concerns about him surviving with his slight frame in the AFCN.  I also look at what Justin Jefferson did this year vs Jeudy and Ruggs.

It would be about impossible for any NFL team to approach the offensive numbers LSU put up in '19.  Burrow put up almost 200 more yards and 5 more TD's than the NFL single season records in one fewer game.

Rock On

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - AQIndianHill - 03-28-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Only a troll turd response....

Vegas is trolls because they predicted thats dalton makes the bears worse?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-29-2021

(03-28-2021, 11:53 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Vegas is trolls because they predicted thats dalton makes the bears worse?

Yes.  Cool

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - AQIndianHill - 03-29-2021

1 Sewell
2 best WR on board

Then defense/Og/te

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - sandwedge - 03-29-2021

(03-28-2021, 11:53 PM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Vegas is trolls because they predicted thats dalton makes the bears worse?

The Bear's message board is over there >

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Bengalholic - 03-29-2021

It's being reported that part of the reason the Eagles were willing to trade down from 6 is because they believed it's likely the Bengals are taking Chase, meaning he wouldn't have been an option for them.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CKwi88 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 11:30 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's being reported that part of the reason the Eagles were willing to trade down from 6 is because they believed it's likely the Bengals are taking Chase, meaning he wouldn't have been an option for them.

Just came from reading an article that said the same.

I can understand the arguments for both. Sewell would be the more "old scool"/build the trenches school of thought. Chase would be the new school "have more weapons than the defense can handle" school of thought.

If we hadn't just seen the Chiefs get shellacked in the Superbowl by a team with inferior weapons I'd say it's closer.

I still say Sewell. But if Joe, fresh off getting his knee shredded, wants Chase, who knows.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jj22 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 11:30 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's being reported that part of the reason the Eagles were willing to trade down from 6 is because they believed it's likely the Bengals are taking Chase, meaning he wouldn't have been an option for them.

It's likely they know MB. I think it was Marvin who said MB wants a team full of Lamborghini's. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CJD - 03-29-2021

I have incredibly mixed feelings about taking Chase if Sewell is there...I just need to trust Joe here haha.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Earendil - 03-29-2021

(03-28-2021, 10:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: Firstly, a lot of top prospects opted out because they had more to lose than gain.  I don't hold it against any of them.

As far as the WR's go, Chase set SEC records as a sophomore and projections favor guys who were at an elite level at a younger age.  The Burrow connection is obvious, but we also incorporated elements from LSU's playbook into ours, meaning a smoother transition.  Waddle has injury concerns and has never produced at an elite level. Smith is a year older than Waddle and Chase and I also have concerns about him surviving with his slight frame in the AFCN.  I also look at what Justin Jefferson did this year vs Jeudy and Ruggs.

It would be about impossible for any NFL team to approach the offensive numbers LSU put up in '19.  Burrow put up almost 200 more yards and 5 more TD's than the NFL single season records in one fewer game.

I don't think that LSU offense is going to be repeated any time soon.  They were just unreal that year.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Wes Mantooth - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 12:13 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If we hadn't just seen the Chiefs get shellacked in the Superbowl by a team with inferior weapons I'd say it's closer.

The Bucs had inferior weapons?

-Mike Evans
-Chris Godwin 
-Antonio Brown
-Gronk
-Fournette + Ronald Jones

Depth - Scotty Miller, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard

That's a gluttony of talent.  That receiving corp stacks up against anyone's.  And it easily beats the Chiefs WR corp in overall talent.  Evans vs. Tyreek Hill is a coin-flip. Godwin and Antonio Clown make Hardman/Robinson/Watkins look like a bag of dicks.

Their depth at TE was absurd, and Gronk is still an above average TE.  Their running backs were solid, and I'm not so sure I'd give a rookie, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, the edge on his lonesome.

All of this lead by the greatest QB of all time, playing on a stage he's dominated like no other player in the history of the game.

To each their own, but I don't think the Bucs had inferior weapons to anyone.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Big Boss - 03-29-2021

Makes sense.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - leonardfan40 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 12:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have incredibly mixed feelings about taking Chase if Sewell is there...I just need to trust Joe here haha.

Yup, goes against everything I believe but I’m on board if it’s what Joe wants. He knows what it’s like playing behind this o line and he knows what it’s like throwing to Chase. If he says Chase is the pick there then I’m on board. Would feel better if we could sign another guard who can come in and start right away but there’s always round 2 I guess.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - impactplaya - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 12:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bucs had inferior weapons?

-Mike Evans
-Chris Godwin 
-Antonio Brown
-Gronk

That's a gluttony of talent.  That receiving corp stacks up against anyone's.  And it easily beats the Chiefs WR corp in overall talent.  Evans vs. Tyreek Hill is a coin-flip.  Godwin and Antonio Clown make Hardman/Robinson/Watkins look like a bag of dicks.

Their depth at TE was absurd, and Gronk is still an above average TE.  Their running backs were solid, and I'm not so sure I'd give a rookie, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, the edge on his lonesome.

All of this lead by the greatest QB of all time, playing on a stage he's dominated like no other player in the history of the game.

Speaking of which.Can anyone name the Bucs starting oline 
From 2020?
Most fans outside of Florida cant.
They have one  1st RD pick in Tristan Wirfs. 
I know of only 2 other players...,Cappas and Brian  Jenson
Point being you don't need 4 1st RD draft picks
To have a very good oline.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - coachmcneil71 - 03-29-2021

I finally took the time to really study and break down the upcoming draft. Long story short; I'm about 90% certain that Chase will be the pick if the Bengals stay at #5. 

That said, I recently read about a possible trade back scenario involving NE. If that were to happen, they would probably have to do it. The trade included a ridiculous haul of picks. I'm not sure that BB would be willing to give up the draft capital that it would require?

Chase is more than likely our guy.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-29-2021

It is now being reported that the Eagles made the trade with the Dolphins because they believe Chase is going at #5 to the Bengals. They felt comfortable moving down and knowing Smith, Waddle or Pitts would be there for them and getting more draft capital.

So those in favor of passing on All-Pro OL talent for a WR, looks like you get your wish.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - impactplaya - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 01:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It is now being reported that the Eagles made the trade with the Dolphins because they believe Chase is going at #5 to the Bengals. They felt comfortable moving down and knowing Smith, Waddle or Pitts would be there for them and getting more draft capital.

So those in favor of passing on All-Pro OL talent for a WR, looks like you get your wish.

Penei isnt  the only OT in this draft that can potentially play
At a high level at the NFL level.
Plus Jamar Chase can have just as much as,a chance to be a ALL Pro talent as Penny can be 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jj22 - 03-29-2021

I'm heading to look (not really) but anyone have the breakdown of what the Bucs receivers did in the Superbowl? Playoff run. I tend to not remember any of them taking over the game.

Gronk had a hell of a Superbowl. But curious if anyone cared to breakdown how productive having elite receivers was.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 01:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Penei isnt  the only OT in this draft that can potentially play
At a high level at the NFL level.
Plus Jamar Chase can have just as much as,a chance to be a ALL Pro talent as Penny can be 

And Chase isn't the only WR.

At least if they were passing on the best OL in the draft for Pitts they'd be getting a unique talent. 

This is a bad look if the best OL is on the board and they pass. Especially when they go DE in round 2.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-29-2021

(03-29-2021, 12:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bucs had inferior weapons?

-Mike Evans
-Chris Godwin 
-Antonio Brown
-Gronk

That's a gluttony of talent.  That receiving corp stacks up against anyone's.  And it easily beats the Chiefs WR corp in overall talent.  Evans vs. Tyreek Hill is a coin-flip.  Godwin and Antonio Clown make Hardman/Robinson/Watkins look like a bag of dicks.

Whose weapons are/were better is beside the point.

The point is that Mahommes' weapons were useless because he was running for his life every play while Brady had all day.

Take Sewell. Draft a WR in Rd2. OG in Rd3. Worry about the defense later or next year. Focus on one problem area, fix it, then move to the next most urgent problem. Don't fiddle in a bunch of areas and fix nothing. OL is problem #1. A starting level WR is problem #2. DL depth a distant third. Or maybe LB.

Only thing that would change my mind would be a godfather type trade down offer from a QB seeking team. Even then, I would not pull the trigger unless I could use part of it to trade back UP in the first round, like the Dolphins did. Detroit at #7 has to be the target. That way, we'd still be guaranteed one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts (assuming 4 QBs go top 7: 1st 3 + whonever trades up to us at #5). Or Slater. Two of those 4 have to be there. If we still net an extra 1st (future) and an extra 2nd or high 3rd (this year), I'd do it.