Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is (/Thread-I-don-t-think-you-guys-realize-HOW-GOOD-JaMarr-Chase-is)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - UKBengal1962 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I was referencing the TE and Marshall and possibly Chase at LSU with Burrow.

My point with Jefferson is that the best WR in the class was drafted 22nd. That happens a lot. It does not happen nearly so often with OTs.

One of many reasons ro take the generational tackle prospect over the excellent WR prospect.

FWIW, does anyone have the pro day #s for Chase AND the other top WRs. Compare him to Smith, Waddle, Bateman, and Moore + others.

Maybe he is generational, but I am highly dubious.

from what i just read Jamin Davis the LB from UK beat Chase in every category 
Davis is 30 pounds heavier

i am not sold on Chase at all

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - coachmcneil71 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, and has pretty damn good hands to boot. He hasn't had a very good QB his entire time at FSU, line play has been as bad as, or worse than ours. Terry would be a nice pick at WR if we go Sewell/Slater/Pitts in round 1. 

To be honest, it's been so dismal in Tallahassee for so long.....I wasn't even thinking about him. He'd be a steal for us, IMO.

Scary Terry would be a nice addition for us.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:46 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Dude, you lost all credibility with me when you tried to twist your point by placing Austin Hooper in the same breath as HOF TE Tony Gonzales.

Obviously, you don't know me. You can reply if you like, but it's pointless. I won't even consider addressing you again until you gain some tenure here. Good day.

LMAO holy reading comprehension, Strawman!

my point isnt that Hooper is in the same category as Gonzalez, guy

the point is Ryan's 2 best seasons, he didnt have an elite tight end

YOU said his best years were with TONY GONZALEZ and it was FACTUALLY wrong

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Fulcher_33 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:47 PM)UKBengal1962 Wrote: from what i just read Jamin Davis the LB from UK beat Chase in every category 

4.49, 4.41, and 4.37 has been posted for him. So which is it is the real question?  Nervous

And if Davis did test well, and is a freak athlete how does that diminish Chase considering he tested tremendously well, and has the tape in 2019 to back it up?? Makes 0 sense.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - cincyfan429 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: angry old school guys coming in to scream about the trenches in 3...2...

There right they should build up the O-Line. Signing Reiff is a start but he just might be like Cordy Glenn. Get the O-Line in round 1, and a WR in round 2. A strong line gets the run game and passing going. Look it up all winning teams have a strong O-Line. Burrow hurts that knee again he's the Ki-jana Carter.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - KillerGoose - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:47 PM)UKBengal1962 Wrote: from what i just read Jamin Davis the LB from UK beat Chase in every category 

I think that points to Davis being a freak athlete more than anything. Chase is legitimately smooth, even if he isn’t my top pick at five.

Also, welcome to the board!

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - UKBengal1962 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 04:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think that points to Davis being a freak athlete more than anything. Chase is legitimately smooth, even if he isn’t my top pick at five.

Also, welcome to the board!
THANKS
no doubt he is a freak athlete

i would be happy with either one of Sewel or Pitts
IMHO Chase is not the next A.J

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - KillerGoose - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 04:21 PM)UKBengal1962 Wrote: THANKS
no doubt he is a freak athlete

i would be happy with either one of Sewel or Pitts
IMHO Chase is not the next A.J

I am a big Sewell fan, but you have to take my opinion with a little grain of salt because I am also a big Oregon Ducks fan. I am excited to watch the Pro Day to see how he has prepared during COVID.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - CoachGeorge - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: How far can chase run in the two seconds before burrow gets pancaked?

I can’t figure out why so many of you think that. Hart is gone. Redmond is 99% gone. Jordan should be so far down the depth chart you will need a microscope to see him. Those three were principally (not solely) responsible for the horrific pass blocking JB endured last season.

We will get at least 2 lineman from the deepest o-line draft in memory whether 1st round or second plus another pick later.

The time for pessimism should be waning not increasing which seems to be the case.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - 2MinutesHate - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:38 PM)Benton Wrote: How far can chase run in the two seconds before burrow gets pancaked?

This is how I feel about it.  Fans will be screaming for Burrow to throw the ball to his 3 great wideouts, but meanwhile Joe's eyes will be as big as dinner plates watching defenders just pour through the line so I think it won't be nearly as easy for him to see them.

Sewell is about as sure of an upgrade as any option we have left now for the OL.  I hope we take it and don't try the same approach as last year.

Boyd, Higgins, Mixon and Burrow should be enough to win some games, I'd think.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - coachmcneil71 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: LMAO holy reading comprehension, Strawman!

my point isnt that Hooper is in the same category as Gonzalez, guy

the point is Ryan's 2 best seasons, he didnt have an elite tight end

YOU said his best years were with TONY GONZALEZ and it was FACTUALLY wrong

My apology for being short with you. It's been a trying day and I'm running late for a show. I will pm you later to better explain my point. Hopefully, no hard feelings.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - SadFaceBengal15 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: Here's the thing...the "have to draft Sewell or Burrow dies" people think that if we draft Chase at #5 we are neglecting the glaring O line problem. Well, what if the next two rounds are O line picks? Is it still neglected? And why in your mind does it HAVE to be O line in the first? Billy Price was a first round O line pick. Cedric Ogbuehi was a 1st round O line pick. First rounder does not guarantee good.

If you saw the results of Chase's pro day, cobined with his production at every level he's played, and his already established chemistry with Burrow, you'd be passing on the clear cut best WR prospect in the draft for the not clear cut best O line prospect in the draft. I think they'd be foolish to pass on Chase.

Hahahaha bro there’s a difference between a prospect projected top 5 and a prospect projected late first early second. Price wasn’t a early second rounder Alton with Daniels and ogbuehi was a late first and coming off and entirely missed season due to injury. Sewell is a top 5 prospect arguably best in the draft. He’s not a miss. When we miss on offensive lineman it’s when we are left to evaluate and we simply can’t do that. Sewell is a no brainer. The list of wide receivers that have balled here that were picked out of the first round goes on and on. On top of all that u it’s much more important to protect ur qb than it is to add another wide receiver at pick 1 when we already have two studs on the roster. Ur being sand to the beach with chase. Get Sewell in the first then take Bateman Marshall Moore whomever in the second who will be excellent with Higgins Boyd and a protected burrow

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2021

I will be massively disappointed if we take a WR at #5 when a generational Tackle falls into our lap after 5 years of o-line struggles. That'd be the most Mike Brown move ever. We did that kind of crap all through the 90s.

Let's recap:

Our 2 superbowl runs featured amazing lines.
Our lines were awful for most of the 90s.
During our 5 year run of playoff appearances, line was good.
Last 5 years (all losing seasons), line was horrendous.

Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott were fun players to watch...while we went 3-13.

Thing is, I don't even view Chase as an AJ Green caliber prospect. Taking him over Sewell when we have 2 good WRs would be utterly ridiculous. Btw, where is the love for Higgins around here? That dude just had one of the best rookie seasons in Bengals history, and we act like we have some dire need at WR? I don't get it.

Sure, we need speed on the outside, but we have a pair of 1000 yard receivers on the roster. We don't need a third 1000 yard guy.

Fwiw, I think people are just fascinated with pairing Burrow with his old teammate. Burrow isn't going to toss 60 TDs in the NFL just because Chase is on the roster.

TL/DR: WR isnt as big a need as OL, and Chase is a worse prospect than Sewell.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wes Mantooth - 03-31-2021

Watch all of this arguing and bickering on JN be for nothing.

Bengals stand pat at #5 and take Patrick Surtain (CB - Alabama). Then we all go nuts and direct our anger at Duke Tobin.

PS While looking at CB's for the 2021 draft I just noticed Asante Samuel Jr. Man, do I feel old.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will be massively disappointed if we take a WR at #5 when a generational Tackle falls into our lap after 5 years of o-line struggles. That'd be the most Mike Brown move ever. We did that kind of crap all through the 90s.

I think it was Whatever that just posted the numbers, but Mike Brown has taken more 1st round OT’s than WR’s since he’s been running the team. So no, it would not be typical to his history.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will be massively disappointed if we take a WR at #5 when a generational Tackle falls into our lap after 5 years of o-line struggles. That'd be the most Mike Brown move ever. We did that kind of crap all through the 90s.

Let's recap:

Our 2 superbowl runs featured amazing lines.
Our lines were awful for most of the 90s.
During our 5 year run of playoff appearances, line was good.
Last 5 years (all losing seasons), line was horrendous.

Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott were fun players to watch...while we went 3-13.

Thing is, I don't even view Chase as an AJ Green caliber prospect. Taking him over Sewell when we have 2 good WRs would be utterly ridiculous. Btw, where is the love for Higgins around here? That dude just had one of the best rookie seasons in Bengals history, and we act like we have some dire need at WR? I don't get it.

Sure, we need speed on the outside, but we have a pair of 1000 yard receivers on the roster. We don't need a third 1000 yard guy.

Fwiw, I think people are just fascinated with pairing Burrow with his old teammate. Burrow isn't going to toss 60 TDs in the NFL just because Chase is on the roster.

TL/DR: WR isnt as big a need as OL, and Chase is a worse prospect than Sewell.

ummm PFF told me Higgins doesnt get much seperation, so he stinks and we need a real number 1 elite reciver!!

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Watch all of this arguing and bickering on JN be for nothing.

Bengals stand pat at #5 and take Patrick Surtain (CB - Alabama). Then we all go nuts and direct our anger at Duke Tobin.

PS While looking at CB's for the 2021 draft I just noticed Asante Samuel Jr. Man, do I feel old.

If Marvin was still here, and we didn’t just sign like 37 CB’s I’d be more worried about that. Lol

(03-31-2021, 05:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ummm PFF told me Higgins doesnt get much seperation, so he stinks and we need a real number 1 elite reciver!!

Show me one single post that claims Higgins stinks.

(03-31-2021, 05:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Show me one single post that claims Higgins stinks.

im obviously exaggerating.

but there are people clamoring for Chase because Higgins just isnt good enough. Neither is Boyd. 

Because muh "seperation"

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 05:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think it was Whatever that just posted the numbers, but Mike Brown has taken more 1st round OT’s than WR’s since he’s been running the team. So no, it would not be typical to his history.

Take away Marv's years and how do those numbers stack up? Also, Taking Sewell would help us fix the interior problem as well. Mike has always placed heavy value on skill position players...based on both picks and money spent retaining players. He has never valued interior line.

So yes, it is a Mike Brown way of thinking.