Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

He's not Tee Higgins - he's on a completely different level.

I get protecting Burrow, but the Bengals HAVE to draft this guy with the 5th pick. He's just too much of a game changing talent not too. We should all be SALIVATING at the though of an offense consisting of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and...JaMarr Chase. It would easily be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

NFL teams are built around game changing talent and playmakers. Yes, Sewell would be a great addition and sure help with protecting Burrow, but you only have so many chances to draft a talent like Chase over the course of history. The Bengals did it with AJ Green...we need to do it with JaMarr Chase.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Have to admit it is looking like he is the pick.
Reply/Quote
angry old school guys coming in to scream about the trenches in 3...2...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If he makes it past Atlanta, he's the pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Championship games are built in the trenches!
Reply/Quote
Cant go wrong with Chase or Pitts at 5.
Then grab your OT in RD 2.
Dont complicate it Tobin/Taylor
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t matter they say the same thing about Sewell who plays a position. Of much more importance and a much bigger need. As a bengals fan I’ve learned the bengals will do the stupid and not the smart which is why I’m still waiting for a playoff win. The smart would be to draft Sewell the stupid would be to draft chase. I bet the house they draft chase. This is a big mans game. When are we gonna finally invest in some big men. But know here we are again in the top 10 and talking receiver smfh
Reply/Quote
Was AJ a generational talent though? He wasn't even the best wideout in the division most of his years.

And arguably not the best wideout to come out of that draft....

Hate to say it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:35 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Championship games are built in the trenches!

That’s a fact and then u remember the last time we were in a championship game and it allllllll makes sense
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

I get protecting Burrow, but the Bengals HAVE to draft this guy with the 5th pick. He's just too much of a game changing talent not too. We should all be SALIVATING at the though of an offense consisting of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and...JaMarr Chase. It would easily be a top 5 unit in the NFL.

NFL teams are built around game changing talent and playmakers. Yes, Sewell would be a great addition and sure help with protecting Burrow, but you only have so many chances to draft a talent like Chase over the course of history. The Bengals did it with AJ Green...we need to do it with JaMarr Chase.

I'm on board with this. I hope we get Chase at #5. Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon is a great core around Burrow. There will be some very good OLmen left in rounds 2-3 and we now have Reiff and Spain to help groom a couple young guys. Also, Jonah is really just coming into his 2nd season all thing considered. It looks like the OTA's and such might actually happen this year as well and that will help a team with a lot of new faces. It hurt us last year because a lot of guys never played together.  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: angry old school guys coming in to scream about the trenches in 3...2...

Well, the angry old school guys are not wrong on this.

What good is the flashiest receiver if his QB lands on his back all the time, or when unavoidably at some point Allen is throwing him the ball.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: angry old school guys coming in to scream about the trenches in 3...2...

(03-31-2021, 12:35 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Championship games are built in the trenches!

LOL

Can you name a single player from the LSU OL?

Look, I’m all for upgrading our OL, but this is a deep draft for that, and we can get a really good prospect on day 2.

Idk how you can pass on both Chase and Pitts at this point. Maybe that changes after Sewell’s pro day though.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Cant go wrong with Chase or Pitts at 5.
Then grab your OT in RD 2.
Dont complicate it Tobin/Taylor

U can go wrong big time if there’s a run on tackles and guards before 38. And the last thing I want our player personnel staff doing is having to evaluate talent on the offensive line cuz they cannot do and can’t hit on a single dude. The bengals are horrible talent evaluators on the offensive line hence the reason it’s our biggest need and our qb is currently dead. But by all means go draft a wide receiver in round one and then cross ur fingers in two for a body guard for burrow. Bengals are idiots
Reply/Quote
Seems like the fan base is evenly split with the #5 pic. Regardless what the FO does, it's going to be wrong in 50% of the fans eyes.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:39 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, the angry old school guys are not wrong on this.

What good is the flashiest receiver if his QB lands on his back all the time, or when unavoidably at some point Allen is throwing him the ball.

So no players taken after pick 5 will be able to block in the NFL?

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is a GENERATIONAL talent at WR. He's AJ Green with more speed and better measurables (that just came in from his pro day). There are currently like 4 guys in the NFL that have his measurables and ability. His pre existing chemistry/relationship with Burrow is just a cherry on top of the Sunday.

Mixon needs a good line to reach his full potential. We havent seen it yet

but hey, I guess the passing game could be so good that there would be no need to run the ball effectively at all
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Was AJ a generational talent though? He wasn't even the best wideout in the division most of his years.

And arguably not the best wideout to come out of that draft....

Hate to say it.

Chase is shaping up to be a better prospect than AJ ever was. If AJ would have stayed healthy, he could have/should have been a HOFer in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
My only concern was his height but, honestly, with a 41 inch vert, you can get away with average height. For reference, AJ Green is 4 inches taller, has 3.5 inch longer arms (3" longer wingspan total, so Chase must be a bit wider in the body) and put up a 34.5 inch vert and a 10'6" broad jump. Chase beat both of those measurements by 6 inches, which more than makes up for the difference in his physical dimensions. And, obviously ran over a tenth of a second faster in the 40.

I've also heard Chase has an unreal 2nd gear which he uses to shoot by cornerbacks still in their backpedal. Acceleration is a trait a little harder to determine, but that should help him get open in the NFL as well.

I'm getting pretty excited about the idea of Burrow and Chase reuniting, to be honest...I just hope we get a good OT and OG in the 2nd and 3rd rounds (Maybe you can go pass rusher in the third, but I think an OL is imperative in the 2nd.)
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mixon needs a good line to reach his full potential. We havent seen it yet

but hey, I guess the passing game could be so good that there would be no need to run the ball effectively at all

We passed the ball like 50x a game last year. I know we need to be good at running it too, but it seems like running the ball is almost an afterthought in Taylor's offense. 
Reply/Quote
Pitts is better
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote