Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(03-31-2021, 12:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seems like the fan base is evenly split with the #5 pic. Regardless what the FO does, it's going to be wrong in 50% of the fans eyes.

Interestingly enough 100% of the fanbase was supposedly outraged at the beating Burrow took and how his career was/is threatened due to needing his knee reconstructed because of it. 

I don't want to go back to those days to remind them of the feeling they've forgot the last couple months. But we may experience them again in 2021, and this time only 50% of us can complain and be outraged.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: blah blah blah this argument is crap. WR's come in different shapes and sizes. Boyd is a strong physical slot receiver, and Higgins is a big strong outside receiver.

Burrow is not average. Burrow can thread the needle

Anquan Boldin was a guy who'd make contested catches with minimal seperation. I guess that means Boldin wasnt good enough

Kenny Golladay doesnt get much seperation. He isnt good enough to be a number 1 I guess...

You know when Boldin was his best? When he had Larry Fitz on the opposite side of him. Oh yeah a HOF.
Reply/Quote
Our biggest weakness on the offensive line is the interior. Drafting Sewell isn't going to fix that people. FYI I am in the Sewell camp if we keep the pick at 5 but if we end up with Chase or Pitts it will still be a great pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:06 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Talent gap between Chase and 2nd round receiver is greater than Sewell and 2nd round Olineman.

This is a valid point and why I'm leaning more towards Chase at this point. He has the makings of an All Pro WR. A potential generational talent at WR who already has chemistry with Joe is a good thing. It would be very hard to pass that up. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Our biggest weakness on the offensive line is the interior. Drafting Sewell isn't going to fix that people. FYI I am in the Sewell camp if we keep the pick at 5 but if we end up with Chase or Pitts it will still be a great pick.

if you kick him inside to guard in year 1, he should be a monster.

Should be.

but I do think a quality difference making guard or center would be available early round 2

But Reiff will most likely not be here in 2022. We can address that this draft. 
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams, Trey Hopkins, Riley Reiff, and Quinton Spain give the Bengals 4 solid and mostly veteran offensive lineman. The Bengals can gamble and take the Playmaker either Kyle Pitts and Ja'Marr Chase.

There will be Offensive linemen in the 2nd round that will be able to start day one at Guard and a few with Guard/Tackle versatility. Dillon Radunz, Samuel Cosmi, Jalen Mayfield, Teven Jenkins, Liam Eichenberg, Alex Leatherwood, Creed Humphrey, Wyatt Davis, and Landon Dickerson off the top of my head would be a great add for the Bengals at #38.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You know when Boldin was his best? When he had Larry Fitz on the opposite side of him. Oh yeah a HOF.

Boldin's best 2 seasons 03 and 05. One (2003) was his rookie year BEFORE Fitz was even in the NFL so......
Reply/Quote
One thing is clear- if we don’t take an OL in the first it’s a clear indication that our QB is going to die according to some on here.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:13 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Boldin's best 2 seasons 03 and 05. One (2003) was is rookie year BEFORE Fitz was even in the NFL so......

Who was on his team when they went to the Super Bowl? Just him at WR? Didn’t think so.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:09 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You know when Boldin was his best? When he had Larry Fitz on the opposite side of him. Oh yeah a HOF.

Boldin won rookie of the year in 2003. Made the pro bowl as well

Oh, and that was before Fitzgerald came into the league

and the cardinals already had a solid offensive line

ignorant.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:52 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The reason I lean towards Pitts because he's more versatile.  He's a matchup nightmare.  He's capable of operating as traditional receiver and lining outside.

At 6'6, 245 and with a 4.46 40 the man is a freak.  If you look at his physical attributes he stands out like a Calvin Johnson did.

All this said, I love Chase too.  I don't think you can go wrong with either one.  I just think Pitts fills a bigger need, and can be moved around more in the offense.

Note:  None of the above doesn't mean I don't like Sewell either.  I'm not opposed to drafting him. But I lean towards these two because I think he's going to struggle a bit out of the gate, and I'm not sure he immediately transitions into a huge upgrade, whereas I think these two guys do.  This team missed their opportunity for immediate OL help by ignoring the guard position in free agency, and I'm not so sure drafting this dude at #5 and moving him inside is the answer.

I lean towards Pitts too if we pass on Sewell. For the same reason people are ok with passing on Sewell (you can get the oline help later), you can get he receiver help later in the draft. You can't find a TE later in this draft as the position isn't deep at all. So by the logic of what positions are deep and should be considered to pass on when you have equal prospects in Sewell/Chase/Pitts. You go with the weakest position. 

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Mahomes is good enough to elevate below average players into average guys. 

Burrow can too.

Some of you all are absolutely nuts when it comes to Joe Burrow.

I've seen him compared to Tom Brady this offseason, I've seen him compared to Aaaron Rodgers, and now I'm seeing that he can elevate WR's like Patrick Mahomes.

Can some of you guys pump the brakes just a bit?

Joe Burrow was 24th in the league this year in QB rating.  He had 13 TD's and 5 INT's through 10 games (Projects to 21 TD's and 8 INT's).  A fair ranking for 2020 performance, can be seen here, where he ranked 18th among starters:  https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Look, I like Joe Burrow.  I like him a lot.  I think he can be a very good QB in this league, and maybe even great.  But people already putting his name in there with Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes is frankly absurd.  We can't count on him to elevate talent to those levels yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Who was on his team when they went to the Super Bowl? Just him at WR? Didn’t think so.

the cardinals also had a very good offensive line and they utilized their running back.

Maybe you heard of him, EDGERRIN JAMES
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Boldin won rookie of the year in 2003. Made the pro bowl as well

ignorant.
LOL Clueless...
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Some of you all are absolutely nuts when it comes to Joe Burrow.

I've seen him compared to Tom Brady this offseason, I've seen him compared to Aaaron Rodgers, and now I'm seeing that he can elevate WR's like Patrick Mahomes.

Can some of you guys pump the brakes just a bit?

Joe Burrow was 24th in the league this year in QB rating.  He had 13 TD's and 5 INT's through 10 games (Projects to 21 TD's and 8 INT's).  A fair ranking for 2020 performance, can be seen here, where he ranked 18th among starters:  https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Look, I like Joe Burrow.  I like him a lot.  I think he can be a very good QB in this league, and maybe even great.  But people already putting his name in there with Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes is frankly absurd.  We can't count on him to elevate talent to those levels yet. 
Here you are reciting numbers again

Did you not watch any bengal games last season?

Do you not know how to watch a football game?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:00 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Passing it 50 times is what led to burrows injury.  The bengals are doing to burrow what everyone before drafting burrow told burrow to be worried about.  “Ur just gonna get killed in Cincinnati”. Welp what do u know happened.  Yet here we are few months later and we are talking wide receiver at 5 lmao

I don't see a lot of people mocking RB's to the Bengals, though, and if Mixon goes down again, that's right back where we're going to be.  
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:12 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals can gamble and take the Playmaker either Kyle Pitts and Ja'Marr Chase.

We don't even know if Burrow will be Burrow of old after the injury he suffered last year, and we likely won't know that until 2022.

This new gamble may just end his career. Is it worth it? It is the kind of career ender neglect that nearly all pundits and fans outside of Cinci tried to save him from when the word came out that he'd be drafted by the Bengals. 

They have already been proven right once. Need we give them the glory of being right when influencing our first overall picks for years to come? This gamble may just make the next 1OA pick listen.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Boldin won rookie of the year in 2003. Made the pro bowl as well

ignorant.

So what your saying is Boldin is better than Boyd and Higgins. So it only solidified my point, neither one have gone to a pro bowl or sniffed ROTY. Psi as great as Boldin was he didn’t get tot a super bowl until Fitz was there. You’re only hurting you’re own case by comparing Higgins and Boyd to Boldin (even though he was much better early in his career than they are now) and even though he was great, he never sniffed team wide success without Fitz.
Reply/Quote
APRIL 2021: A City Torn
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: We don't even know if Burrow will be Burrow of old after the injury he suffered last year, and we likely won't know that until 2022.

This new gamble may just end his career. Is it worth it? It is the kind of career ender neglect that nearly all pundits and fans outside of Cinci tried to save him from when the word came out that he'd be drafted by the Bengals. 

They have already been proven right once. Need we give them the glory of being right when influencing our first overall picks for years to come? This gamble may just make the next 1OA pick listen.

You ignored 90% of my post. I said with 4 solid mostly veteran lineman signed and a deep class at offensive line allows them to gamble on the playmaker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote