Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(03-31-2021, 01:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the cardinals also had a very good offensive line and they utilized their running back.

Maybe you heard of him, EDGERRIN JAMES

Sorry can’t name a single lineman on that team. Oh so yeah, another skill player that helped?? Keep proving my point. Making my job super easy.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Some of you all are absolutely nuts when it comes to Joe Burrow.

I've seen him compared to Tom Brady this offseason, I've seen him compared to Aaaron Rodgers, and now I'm seeing that he can elevate WR's like Patrick Mahomes.

Can some of you guys pump the brakes just a bit?

Joe Burrow was 24th in the league this year in QB rating.  He had 13 TD's and 5 INT's through 10 games (Projects to 21 TD's and 8 INT's).  A fair ranking for 2020 performance, can be seen here, where he ranked 18th among starters:  https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Look, I like Joe Burrow.  I like him a lot.  I think he can be a very good QB in this league, and maybe even great.  But people already putting his name in there with Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes is frankly absurd.  We can't count on him to elevate talent to those levels yet. 

Agreed. I’ve been accused of being the biggest Burrow fanboy on this board, but I also live in reality. Burrow has never proven he can elevate his WR’s. If Marshall goes in the 1st round (not unlikely after that 40 time) that will be three 1st round WR’s he was throwing to at LSU. That offense was STACKED.

Give him an adequate OL (not full of guys like Hart, Jordan, and Redmond) and as many elite weapons as you can. He’ll do the rest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:21 PM)Synric Wrote: You ignored 90% of my post. I said with 4 solid mostly veteran lineman signed and a deep class at offensive line allows them to gamble on the playmaker.

All lineman everyone points to as stabilizing our line outside of Reiff would have been backups or out of the league. Yet we are once again believing they are starters good enough to protect our Franchise QB.

Spain, mind you, one we are happy to have back, couldn't even fetch a contract worth more than 2m.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Our biggest weakness on the offensive line is the interior. Drafting Sewell isn't going to fix that people. FYI I am in the Sewell camp if we keep the pick at 5 but if we end up with Chase or Pitts it will still be a great pick.

I am still waiting to see with Williams.  The guy was handed the job of LT and has played in 10 out of 32 games.  No point in counting on a guy who can't stay on the field.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
There's a lot of insults being thrown around on this site lately. I get that we're all a little riled up, but for crying out loud we need to stop treating each other like we treat Browns fans. Surely we can have these discussions without resorting to personal attacks.

Let's try to have some class people. You don't root for Cleveland, you root for Cincinnati!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Here you are reciting numbers again

Did you not watch any bengal games last season?

Do you not know how to watch a football game?

I watched them all.  And yes, I believe after 42 years on this Earth I'm capable of watching a football game.

Frank, I don't think you realize how silly some of you guys sound.  Putting Joe Burrow into the category of Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes is r-worded.  I don't know if you're just the world's biggest homer, if you need to wear a helmet 24/7, but this is insanely stupid.
Reply/Quote
hey guys Anquan Boldin only had team success when Larry Fitzgerald was on the other side of him. He wasnt a real number 1

Ignore the fact that he was the #1 on the 2012 Ravens

And ignore the fact he was the #1 on the 2013 49ers that got to the NFC championship

But he wasnt a true difference maker because he didnt get seperation

BRILLIANT. This board raises my IQ every single day
Reply/Quote
Sigh

Let me go ahead and say this one more time for the deaf people in the back.

Ja'Marr Chase is NOT a generational talent.

He is a good to great WR prospect. He has 1 amazing year of football at the college level. I literally talked to Nico about this last night and I'm starting to accept the Bengals are going to pick him.

HOWEVER!!

Generational talents are not in every single draft. By the term, they are once a generation... 10 plus years. Chase is nothing the NFL hasn't seen before.

He is not better then Stephon Diggs.
He is not better then DaVante Adams
He is not better then DeAndre Hopkins
He is not better then Tyreek Hill

He is a really good WR prospect who has zero NFL experience and may not be better then Jaylen Waddle... only time will tell.

Now, having said all this, the Bengals are going to take him at 5 and pass on Sewell. So, we need to start accepting this and hope he is closer to an A.J. then he is to a John Ross.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Who was on his team when they went to the Super Bowl? Just him at WR? Didn’t think so.

yeah, so having 2 elite receivers got them to the SB
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: All lineman outside of Reiff would have been backups or out of the league. Yet we are once again believing they are starters good enough to protect our Franchise QB.

Wrong.

Trey Hopkins has had a solid career at center with a revolving door at both guard spots. Outside of last year Quinton Spain has posted above average numbers. Jonah Williams in his first year playingwas up and down but showed alot of promise.

The major issues with the Offensive line was Michael Jordan, Alex Redmond, Bobby Hart, and Fred Johnson now if any one of those guys were called starters I would be alot more worried.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I watched them all.  And yes, I believe after 42 years on this Earth I'm capable of watching a football game.

Frank, I don't think you realize how silly some of you guys sound.  Putting Joe Burrow into the category of Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes is r-worded.  I don't know if you're just the world's biggest homer, if you need to wear a helmet 24/7, but this is insanely stupid.

Im not putting him in that category because his team was awful and capped his production

But if you used your eyes, you saw the same kind of talent that all of the elite guys have.

Remember that play where he shook off a couple defenders 1 on 1 and then threaded the needle to Higgins on the sideline?

That's special. Only great talents can do that.

Lay off the numbers. Look at the talent
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sigh

Let me go ahead and say this one more time for the deaf people in the back.

Ja'Marr Chase is NOT a generational talent.

He is a good to great WR prospect. He has 1 amazing year of football at the college level. I literally talked to Nico about this last night and I'm starting to accept the Bengals are going to pick him.

HOWEVER!!

Generational talents are not in every single draft. By the term, they are once a generation... 10 plus years. Chase is nothing the NFL hasn't seen before.

He is not better then Stephon Diggs.
He is not better then DaVante Adams
He is not better then DeAndre Hopkins
He is not better then Tyreek Hill

He is a really good WR prospect who has zero NFL experience and may not be better then Jaylen Waddle... only time will tell.

Now, having said all this, the Bengals are going to take him at 5 and pass on Sewell. So, we need to start accepting this and hope he is closer to an A.J. then he is to a John Ross.

I would agree he’s not generational. The only players in this draft that fit that bill are Lawrence, Pitts, and maybe Sewell (though opinions among scouts and NFL folks vary on that one).

Chase is elite level prospect though. You don’t break records in the best conference in the county at 19 without being insanely talented.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: All lineman everyone points to as stabilizing our line outside of Reiff would have been backups or out of the league. Yet we are once again believing they are starters good enough to protect our Franchise QB.

Spain, mind you, one we are happy to have back, couldn't even fetch a contract worth more than 2m.

But he is way better than Jordan or Redmond. Not too mention Fred Johnson as a G, which should've never happened. Turner was an idiot, imo. I have way more faith in Pollack to put the right guys in the right places to succeed. Jonah is a year older, Adeniji is a year older and flashed at times last year, and with no OTA's or real offseason. XSF isnt a world beater but he's better than Jordan, Redmond or Johnson as a G. We have a deep draft of OLmen and still have June 1st cuts to grab better depth or maybe even a starter depending on who gets cut around the league. There are always some solid players cut after the draft. All these things combined brings Chase into play, imo. But like I say, if they draft Sewell or Slater, I'll still be happy. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:26 PM)Earendil Wrote: Let's try to have some class people. You don't root for Cleveland, you root for Cincinnati!

I agree, no need for personal attacks. But if the Bengals don't get it together, we won't be able to pick on Cleveland much anymore. They'll be reminding their fans they aren't the Bengals. Far less teams left (if any) we can hold our nose up at. 

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree, no need for personal attacks. But if the Bengals don't get it together, we won't be able to pick on Cleveland much anymore. They'll be reminding their fans they aren't the Bengals. Far less teams left (if any) we can hold our nose up at. 

It wasn’t just about the teams. It was also a shot at the city itself. Cincinnati >>>Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would agree he’s not generational. The only players in this draft that fit that bill are Lawrence, Pitts, and maybe  Sewell (though opinions among scouts and NFL folks vary on that one).

Chase is elite level prospect though. You don’t break records in the best conference in the county at 19 without being insanely talented.

That I'll agree too...

Just the generational term being thrown around is killing me lol.

Hell, I'll even say this and you know for me this is a tough one. Lawrence isn't generational. He is awesome, I think he'll be the best QB in the draft but it isn't like he's going to step on the field and change the way the QB position is played.

Pitts... might be that generational guy but that again would be saying he'll outperform Kelce, and Gronk and Hunter Henry.. and I think he'll fall in line with their level of production. Still outstanding... just this isn't some once in a lifetime guy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:32 PM)bengaloo Wrote: But he is way better than Jordan or Redmond. Not too mention Fred Johnson as a G, which should've never happened. Turner was an idiot, imo. I have way more faith in Pollack to put the right guys in the right places to succeed. Jonah is a year older, Adeniji is a year older and flashed at times last year, and with no OTA's or real offseason. XSF isnt a world beater but he's better than Jordan, Redmond or Johnson as a G. We have a deep draft of OLmen and still have June 1st cuts to grab better depth or maybe even a starter depending on who gets cut around the league. There are always some solid players cut after the draft. All these things combined brings Chase into play, imo. But like I say, if they draft Sewell or Slater, I'll still be happy. 

Upgrading from disaster to bad is an upgrade. I get it. But is it worthy of complacency? I get it though, we have upgraded from Jordan/Johnson. I'm just not sure if we see these players as upgrades because of the disaster Jordan/Johnson was.

Reminds me of when we got rid of Guycheck and though...…. Wait. Brain freeze. Not Bodine (or was it Bodine?) but the center after Guycheck was an upgrade when really he stunk up the joint, but we couldn't see it at first because Guycheck was so bad.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Like I said, your football knowledge is awful

You're only familiar with skill positions and pro bowls.

NOW I am done addressing you.

Or MAYBE it’s because their offensive linemen that were in that Super Bowl team had 0 pro bowls and 0 all-pros, no HOFers? Think that could be why I didn’t know them? Only one was drafted in what today would be day 1 of the draft.

They were drafted as follows:

1 first round
1 second round
1 third round
1 sixth round
1 UDFA

None played more than 7 seasons.

Were they okay? Yes, but no, they were not great. How about you chill on your arrogance and understand that differences of opinions doesn’t mean someone doesn’t have knowledge of something. I guarantee you knew none of that information until I just posted it. You’re inability to debate is clearly showing.
Reply/Quote
hey guys if nobody on your offensive line makes the pro bowl, that means they sucked

andrew whitworth only made the pro bowl 3 times because all of those other times he sucked

Andre Smith wasnt a good right tackle in his prime because he didnt get voted into the pro bowl

amazing logic
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. I’ve been accused of being the biggest Burrow fanboy on this board, but I also live in reality. Burrow has never proven he can elevate his WR’s. If Marshall goes in the 1st round (not unlikely after that 40 time) that will be three 1st round WR’s he was throwing to at LSU. That offense was STACKED.

Give him an adequate OL (not full of guys like Hart, Jordan, and Redmond) and as many elite weapons as you can. He’ll do the rest.

Or, maybe he already did. You know, at LSU.
Reply/Quote